Forum › Your Scent is a Little Sweet discussion

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Now that's what I call secondhand embarrassment! ;)

last edited at Mar 3, 2023 6:42PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's not a real sibling relation if you ain't fighting over the bigger portions.

Best done with accurate hip slams to push them away from the table as you go for the golden fried goodness.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It's not really about sibling rivalry in this case, it's more about a systemic societal preference for one sex over another and the need to maintain an illusion of harmony by appeasing the loudest jackasses and forcing the quieter kids take the L for it. Ooof, the flashback brought up a lot of bad memories.

last edited at Mar 12, 2023 10:55AM

Avatar%20knights%20badass%20hung%20clipboard01
joined Feb 25, 2023

Ooof, the flashback brought up a lot of bad memories.

I suspect the author to have the same bad memories as you. I mean, this chapter does nothing to advance the plot; it's like on an entirely arbitrary whim she decided to do a random side story about a minor secondary character. The only explanation I can think of is that she felt the need to vent about some bad childhood memories and say the things she couldn't say at the time.

« Sure, Kong Rong did a good deed, but nobody forced him or pressured him, and that's completely different from this arm-twisting you're doing to me! »

last edited at Mar 12, 2023 12:36PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I suspect the author to have the same bad memories as you. I mean, this chapter does nothing to advance the plot; it's like on an entirely arbitrary whim she decided to do a random side story about a minor secondary character. The only explanation I can think of is that she felt the need to vent about some bad childhood memories and say the things she couldn't say at the time.

« Sure, Kong Rong did a good deed, but nobody forced him or pressured him, and that's completely different from this arm-twisting you're doing to me! »

Isn't there an implication that Chu Chu likes Tang Chao? The angles of her watching the MCs interact seem like that to me. It's like she's realizing Tang Chao likes Li based on the last chapter and this one. And so she remembered that incident from her childhood where she's giving up something to someone else as she feels it's happening again. The end seems to imply she might want to act on her desires this time around.

At least, that's how I read this chapter.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Isn't there an implication that Chu Chu likes Tang Chao? The angles of her watching the MCs interact seem like that to me. It's like she's realizing Tang Chao likes Li based on the last chapter and this one. And so she remembered that incident from her childhood where she's giving up something to someone else as she feels it's happening again. The end seems to imply she might want to act on her desires this time around.

At least, that's how I read this chapter.

Right, I think the issue being raised here is whether she should give up her crush. That's an issue that gets complicated when people have spent a lot of your life pressuring you into similar acts that weren't good for you. I know from experience that even when something is more clear cut than this and it's obviously better for you to do the thing, you can be resistant to doing it if people have pressured you into it in a hurtful way throughout your life.

last edited at Mar 12, 2023 3:33PM

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

I'm interested in f/f omegaverse stuff so I looked up the rest of the non-translated chapters and ohhh man. If anyone reading this is on the fence about whether or not to continue reading, I don't recommend it. The plot just gets more convoluted and also dumber. Reading up to the latest chapter felt like a complete waste of time. :/ I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't elaborate here, but I'm so annoyed.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm interested in f/f omegaverse stuff so I looked up the rest of the non-translated chapters and ohhh man. If anyone reading this is on the fence about whether or not to continue reading, I don't recommend it. The plot just gets more convoluted and also dumber. Reading up to the latest chapter felt like a complete waste of time. :/ I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't elaborate here, but I'm so annoyed.

As the quote goes, "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man". Doomsaying doesn't do any good without backing up evidence.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't elaborate here, but I'm so annoyed.

Just place a == before the spoiler and another at the end.

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

ty to the person above who explained how to do spoiler tags

The pacing and plot is so incredibly dumb and I'll zoom in to the part which irked me most. We spent a whole long bunch of chapters with Zhixu looking for her sister Zhishu, and then it turns out that Zhuci already recognised Zhixu from early on, because she was in a relationship with the sister until she disappeared - this is revealed in ch43. The plot (and subplot about Zhuci getting involved with Wangque) then drags on until ch48 when Zhixu finally talks to Zhuci. Zhuci claims that she doesn't know where the sister went after leaving the company and offers to help Zhixiu in her search for her sister.

Then some more meandering stuff with the relationship and search for the sister happens, until ch59 (11 chapters later, nearly 19% of the story so far) where it's revealed that the sister actually died from overwork years ago?? And Zhuci knew all along because she was RIGHT THERE when it happened and the sister died in her arms?? I know the sister backstory plot isn't what most people are reading this for, but it's such an important part of Zhixiu and her character motivations that to drag it out as bait and then come out with this ~twist~ just feels like a cheap trick.

Worse, it turns out that Zhixiu actually knew about her sister's death years ago! But she refused to accept it and suppressed the memories! And she eventually left home in search of her sister and her parents just left her! Zhixiu learns all this from her mother and has ZERO EMOTIONAL REACTION to finding out she had some kind of traumatic memory loss in the past?? Caused by her sister's death?? It's like a total non-issue?? I can deal with plot fuckery without blinking but the "character writing" (in quote marks because it's non-existent tbh) is completely unacceptable especially after readers have invested so much time on all the previous chapters.

And for those reading this for the f/f relationship: the two leads may get physical and intimate but they can't be honest with how they feel about each other - the writer is having waaaaaaay too much fun with the "they're interested in each other but not being honest" shtick, which may be fun but after close to 60 chapters it feels like the relationship between the leads hasn't made any meaningful progress. All the tension and anticipation for them to get together properly is just gone.

TL;DR reading this feels like the writer is trying to milk out as much drama as possible from a paper-thin plot. I'm fine with paper-thin plots in short series, but the way it's dragged out makes reading this a slog. 1) The story loses any sense of tension it had, which in turn causes 2) the character motivations to fall flat and 3) without decent characters you can't develop any relationship for readers to get meaningfully invested in. Massive waste of time all around.

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 10:23AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This chapter certainly felt like it veered off into a tangent.
Defs not how you introduce side characters and their motivations properly, haha.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That pumpkin cake sounds mighty good with some coffee. Dreamin' ChuChu, choco-la-ta-ta-ta.

Img_20230409_111237-min
joined Aug 23, 2022

It's honestly kind of impressive how unhorny this Omegaverse story is

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

The omega suppressents (censorship) work too bloody well

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 3:40PM

F3b4c15b-5d15-45d4-9fc3-5647d5a15f09
joined Apr 13, 2023

So good! Please keep updating

F3b4c15b-5d15-45d4-9fc3-5647d5a15f09
joined Apr 13, 2023

The pacing and plot is so incredibly dumb and I'll zoom in to the part which irked me most. We spent a whole long bunch of chapters with Zhixu looking for her sister Zhishu, and then it turns out that Zhuci already recognised Zhixu from early on, because she was in a relationship with the sister until she disappeared - this is revealed in ch43. The plot (and subplot about Zhuci getting involved with Wangque) then drags on until ch48 when Zhixu finally talks to Zhuci. Zhuci claims that she doesn't know where the sister went after leaving the company and offers to help Zhixiu in her search for her sister.

Then some more meandering stuff with the relationship and search for the sister happens, until ch59 (11 chapters later, nearly 19% of the story so far) where it's revealed that the sister actually died from overwork years ago?? And Zhuci knew all along because she was RIGHT THERE when it happened and the sister died in her arms?? I know the sister backstory plot isn't what most people are reading this for, but it's such an important part of Zhixiu and her character motivations that to drag it out as bait and then come out with this ~twist~ just feels like a cheap trick.

Worse, it turns out that Zhixiu actually knew about her sister's death years ago! But she refused to accept it and suppressed the memories! And she eventually left home in search of her sister and her parents just left her! Zhixiu learns all this from her mother and has ZERO EMOTIONAL REACTION to finding out she had some kind of traumatic memory loss in the past?? Caused by her sister's death?? It's like a total non-issue?? I can deal with plot fuckery without blinking but the "character writing" (in quote marks because it's non-existent tbh) is completely unacceptable especially after readers have invested so much time on all the previous chapters.

And for those reading this for the f/f relationship: the two leads may get physical and intimate but they can't be honest with how they feel about each other - the writer is having waaaaaaay too much fun with the "they're interested in each other but not being honest" shtick, which may be fun but after close to 60 chapters it feels like the relationship between the leads hasn't made any meaningful progress. All the tension and anticipation for them to get together properly is just gone.

TL;DR reading this feels like the writer is trying to milk out as much drama as possible from a paper-thin plot. I'm fine with paper-thin plots in short series, but the way it's dragged out makes reading this a slog. 1) The story loses any sense of tension it had, which in turn causes 2) the character motivations to fall flat and 3) without decent characters you can't develop any relationship for readers to get meaningfully invested in. Massive waste of time all around.

Just read something else? I honestly don’t see the point in complaining or leaving a negative comment. People are enjoying this. Especially since there are like 2 omegaverse yuri mangas… I like the tension build and slow burn. Stick to maybe short stories/ anthologies then?

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It is a pretty slow,flimsy,plot that has low cringe factors.

But a bush hugging hippie was definitely not expected.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Thanks for the breakdown! I'll stick with it because it's not so bad in small doses, but I'm going to adjust my expectations accordingly. I tend to find that the long strip comics work best when you're just there for the panel to panel character interactions rather than the plot. I appreciate the overall summary!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ah, achievements in ignorance. Li Zhixu is so busy covering up Tang Chao's hickeys, she accidentally activates the lead interviewer's half-dressed kink. Meanwhile, Tang Chao is so horny for Li Zhixu, she accidentally makes the entire jury hot and bothered for her abs. Poor Qin Chu just cannot keep up...

last edited at Apr 23, 2023 3:31AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The heck with her lingerie, look at her core!

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

Too bad black hair girl is a futa. I'm not reading futa as yuri.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait did I skip a chapter or do I just have bad memory? Where did they hickeys come from?

Do I have to reread fron the start?

(Not that I mind, it's fairly short)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wait did I skip a chapter or do I just have bad memory? Where did they hickeys come from?

Do I have to reread fron the start?

(Not that I mind, it's fairly short)

IIRC it's from the time Li Zhixu and Tang Chao had sex in chapter 2. Even though it was released over a year ago IRL, it was only a couple of days in-story.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

@Koveras I really don't remember that. Will have to check.

Anyway, thanks for answering.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Zhixu loves the bush, not so keen on pussy

To reply you must either login or sign up.