Forum › Your Scent is a Little Sweet discussion

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

The author needs to draw more smut, just to practice. :-) Not only did they censor the kiss, they even had them bang with their bikinis on, apparently, which I cannot imagine was especially comfortable (for Tang Chao, in particular).

I think tha's just your typical self-censorship.

As far as I can tell, the white circles are censorship for Bilibili and there should be an uncensored version available somewhere.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Chinese censored even a lewd story, wtfox?

joined May 10, 2021

Cucked by the censoring, and now cucked by th cliffhanger... Fuck a you author!
The kiss on her neck/gland was wholesome and hot though.
Still, thanks for the update!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Uhh, so I'm no expert on ABO stuff, but isn't marking in these stories usually something permanent? I recall it being super serious (more permanent than marriage), so Tang Chao suggesting it here in a casual way here is wild.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Uhh, so I'm no expert on ABO stuff, but isn't marking in these stories usually something permanent? I recall it being super serious (more permanent than marriage), so Tang Chao suggesting it here in a casual way here is wild.

Depends on the story. This one hasn't specified yet (unless I've forgotten). Sometimes it is more permanent than marriage because you're marked for life, but not always (for example, in some stories the marking is temporary). Each story will normally specify these things through the narrative or other clues. I think someone said it's not much different than vampires. There's common vampire traits and rules. Some stories will follow the basics, others will have them sparkle.

last edited at Feb 26, 2024 10:05PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It's either not permanent in this particular omegaverse, or Tang Chao is so down bad, she is pulling all stops. Or maybe her brain is still addled by the wild beach sex earlier, so she doesn't realize she's effectively just proposed to her.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Omegaverse is wild. When they talk about glands and stuff it feels like a scifi story.

Question at the ABO experts. Alphas can impregnate Omegas, right? Do Alphas always have a penis or how does it work in this universe? Wondering how the girl can just hide the bulge while wearing a bikini.

last edited at Feb 27, 2024 10:02AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Omegaverse is wild. When they talk about glands and stuff it feels like a scifi story.

Question at the ABO experts. Alphas can impregnate Omegas, right? Do Alphas always have a penis or how does it work in this universe? Wondering how the girl can just the bulge while wearing a bikini.

Depends on the story. It's not always specified because some of this stuff is implied and it can be assumed that the reader understands the basics. Plus it's just the background setup and not the focus.

Most stories won't put much emphasis on explaining this stuff. You'll figure it out through the normal pace of the story. In this story they already discussed it's "Two Test" system, one of which is to check for outside external sex organs (mentioned a few chapters ago).

So you can assume why that kind of test would be useful for differentiating between Alphas, Omegas and Betas and what that might say about whether this story maintains common Alpha traits.

As for the bulge thing (and to put it crudely) the idea is often that the female Alpha can present how they want to when needed, so no bulge or anything because nothing is there.

last edited at Feb 27, 2024 9:43AM

joined Jul 6, 2020

Question at the ABO experts. Alphas can impregnate Omegas, right? Do Alphas always have a penis or how does it work in this universe? Wondering how the girl can just the bulge while wearing a bikini.

Depends on the story. It's not always specified because some of this stuff is implied and it can be assumed that the reader understands the basics. Plus it's just the background setup and not the focus.

Most stories won't put much emphasis on explaining this stuff. You'll figure it out through the normal pace of the story. In this story they already discussed it's "Two Test" system, one of which is to check for outside external sex organs (mentioned a few chapters ago).

So you can assume why that kind of test would be useful for differentiating between Alphas, Omegas and Betas and what that might say about whether this story maintains common Alpha traits.

As for the bulge thing (and to put it crudely) the idea is often that the female Alpha can present how they want to when needed, so no bulge or anything because nothing is there.

I see. Thank you for your insight!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

While the ABO genre has been maligned by lots of folks for years as pointless and/or toxic smut (and, to be fair, a lot of it is), at its core, it is just a speculative fiction setting that, at its best, allows for an examination and even critique of sex and gender dynamics through a decidedly fantastic lens.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

While the ABO genre has been maligned by lots of folks for years as pointless and/or toxic smut (and, to be fair, a lot of it is), at its core, it is just a speculative fiction setting that, at its best, allows for an examination and even critique of sex and gender dynamics through a decidedly fantastic lens.

In other words, sci-fi.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah there are some really good stories there. Like anything else, quality just depends on the writer and the specific story. Some people treat even the idea of it like the plague. I've never understood that intense reaction and the few times the aversion has been explained to me hasn't changed much.

In other words, sci-fi.

As long as sci-fi isn't being used as a pejorative, then sure.

last edited at Feb 28, 2024 12:57PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

In other words, sci-fi.

Never. I actually do write sci-fi and fantasy stories in my spare time, I love the genre.

On the subject of sci-fi stories that make use of an alternative biology to explore sex and gender, have any of you folks read The Left Hand of Darkness?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

In other words, sci-fi.

Never. I actually do write sci-fi and fantasy stories in my spare time, I love the genre.

On the subject of sci-fi stories that make use of an alternative biology to explore sex and gender, have any of you folks read The Left Hand of Darkness?

Le Guin's writing has never hooked me, I am hesitant to admit, but I am familiar with the basic premise of the book. In the same vein (fantastic biology providing a lens to examine gender dynamics), there is Simoun.

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 4:45PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

In other words, sci-fi.

I'll add that to the reading list. Thanks!

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Is Tang Chao naked under that blanket? Also, lol, I love pink haired bestie's reactions to Zhu ci. She's too conscious/wary of her hahaha

joined May 10, 2021

Aight, this shit's on a roll now, and it's way too good.
Thanks for the translation!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am strangely happy about how casual Tang Chao and Li Zhixu's relationship is at this point. Maybe it's just an ABO thing, but it's refreshing to see two single adults who spend a lot of time with and don't dislike each other just consensually bonk -- without front-loading the act with every last shred of emotional baggage, insecurity, and unrealistic expectations first.

last edited at Apr 7, 2024 8:12AM

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Maxing up my phone's brightness to see if there's anything under that white censorship bubbles...

To reply you must either login or sign up.