Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

I love this series so much

joined Jun 26, 2017

The snake took me a moment to get but lmaooooo

joined Jun 26, 2017

I'm interested in f/f omegaverse stuff so I looked up the rest of the non-translated chapters and ohhh man. If anyone reading this is on the fence about whether or not to continue reading, I don't recommend it. The plot just gets more convoluted and also dumber. Reading up to the latest chapter felt like a complete waste of time. :/ I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't elaborate here, but I'm so annoyed.

ty to the person above who explained how to do spoiler tags

The pacing and plot is so incredibly dumb and I'll zoom in to the part which irked me most. We spent a whole long bunch of chapters with Zhixu looking for her sister Zhishu, and then it turns out that Zhuci already recognised Zhixu from early on, because she was in a relationship with the sister until she disappeared - this is revealed in ch43. The plot (and subplot about Zhuci getting involved with Wangque) then drags on until ch48 when Zhixu finally talks to Zhuci. Zhuci claims that she doesn't know where the sister went after leaving the company and offers to help Zhixiu in her search for her sister.

Then some more meandering stuff with the relationship and search for the sister happens, until ch59 (11 chapters later, nearly 19% of the story so far) where it's revealed that the sister actually died from overwork years ago?? And Zhuci knew all along because she was RIGHT THERE when it happened and the sister died in her arms?? I know the sister backstory plot isn't what most people are reading this for, but it's such an important part of Zhixiu and her character motivations that to drag it out as bait and then come out with this ~twist~ just feels like a cheap trick.

Worse, it turns out that Zhixiu actually knew about her sister's death years ago! But she refused to accept it and suppressed the memories! And she eventually left home in search of her sister and her parents just left her! Zhixiu learns all this from her mother and has ZERO EMOTIONAL REACTION to finding out she had some kind of traumatic memory loss in the past?? Caused by her sister's death?? It's like a total non-issue?? I can deal with plot fuckery without blinking but the "character writing" (in quote marks because it's non-existent tbh) is completely unacceptable especially after readers have invested so much time on all the previous chapters.

And for those reading this for the f/f relationship: the two leads may get physical and intimate but they can't be honest with how they feel about each other - the writer is having waaaaaaay too much fun with the "they're interested in each other but not being honest" shtick, which may be fun but after close to 60 chapters it feels like the relationship between the leads hasn't made any meaningful progress. All the tension and anticipation for them to get together properly is just gone.

TL;DR reading this feels like the writer is trying to milk out as much drama as possible from a paper-thin plot. I'm fine with paper-thin plots in short series, but the way it's dragged out makes reading this a slog. 1) The story loses any sense of tension it had, which in turn causes 2) the character motivations to fall flat and 3) without decent characters you can't develop any relationship for readers to get meaningfully invested in. Massive waste of time all around.

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 10:23AM

joined Jun 26, 2017

I'm interested in f/f omegaverse stuff so I looked up the rest of the non-translated chapters and ohhh man. If anyone reading this is on the fence about whether or not to continue reading, I don't recommend it. The plot just gets more convoluted and also dumber. Reading up to the latest chapter felt like a complete waste of time. :/ I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't elaborate here, but I'm so annoyed.

joined Jun 26, 2017

this works even as a one-shot, so i'm chuffed we can look forward to even more! :D :D :D loved the izakaya regulars, the real mvps of this

joined Jun 26, 2017

definitely one of my favorite series on this site

joined Jun 26, 2017

that page with their hands... how can that be allowed!! o////o

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 9:25AM

joined Jun 26, 2017

i'm reading the web novel this is based on and... well lol. i sure hope the manhwa takes a very different direction, because the behaviour of qu xizhi is pretty damn hard to accept.

Can you give me links to the novel? Does the novel have the same title because I can't find it

sorry i only just saw this. i read the original in chinese, titled 顾小姐和曲小姐. i don't think it's been translated yet.

Xiao
joined Jun 26, 2017

Tsubomi? Wow, that's a name I haven't seen in a while.

joined Jun 26, 2017

Enjoyed this so much I went to look up the remaining untranslated chapters and now I'm reading the original webnovel from the beginning. This is a lot better than other time travel or transmigration works I've read so far; hoping the quality keeps up.

joined Jun 26, 2017

i'm reading the web novel this is based on and... well lol. i sure hope the manhwa takes a very different direction, because the behaviour of qu xizhi is pretty damn hard to accept.

joined Jun 26, 2017

Fun fact: the Chinese title of this (橘味少女行为图鉴) takes its roots from Saburouta's Citrus - a more literal translation would be "An illustrated guide to the behaviour of a tangerine-scented girl". The choice of "Sapphic" is a good translation for an international audience though.

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 3:16PM

joined Jun 26, 2017

So much of this series' context is dependent on having some basic understanding of Chinese social media - I wonder how well international audiences will be able to understand it without some explanatory notes

joined Jun 26, 2017

aww, this looks cute. (minus the ending of chapter 1 but i've read far more questionable things in other manga so i'll shrug that off...) i'm enjoying the art and looking forward to how this will play out!

joined Jun 26, 2017

Woah 影后成双 has a manga now?

is the original novel worth reading? i saw some comments that the later chapters got pretty bloated and draggy.

joined Jun 26, 2017

"reverse male lead" is an interesting way to translate 反串男 lol

the term refers to a female actress playing a character who's male in the canon

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 1:01AM

Xiao
joined Jun 26, 2017

The first 3 kanji on that slip of paper sticking out on the final page are 事故死, which translate to "accidental death" ... She definitely arranged for the loss of Youko's family lol

joined Jun 26, 2017

Oh no oh no this is too cute I'm in.

joined Jun 26, 2017

omg i absolutely did not see that coming

joined Jun 26, 2017

Ugh Takemiya Jin always delivers

Xiao
Medusa discussion 05 Sep 10:16
joined Jun 26, 2017

Saw the old school tag and ah yes it turned out as depressing as expected.

joined Jun 26, 2017

This was... a little distressing to read. :/ And the emotional arc made no sense.

joined Jun 26, 2017

This was heartbreaking in the best way :(

joined Jun 26, 2017

I didn't particularly expect to like this from the first chapter, but ah, Takemiya Jin is always my taste.