Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

I just hope this plot point will not turn to something stupid like in "I Favore the Villainess". Please.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Setting all the plot points aside, that image of chibi baby Evie looking stunned is so cute in the last panel

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Is this why evie doesn't remember meeting elsa when they were a kid? Cause it's the old evie that met young elsa when they're kids hmm

Huh... now that's an interesting point. Time travel is often a tricky thing to do well in a story, since it can create a bunch of plotholes instead of actually filling them. It'll be interesting to see how the Author handles it all.

Either way, seeing young Evie is more than enough payoff for me lol.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Now this really is the yuri version of those otome isekais! A loving father!

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I hope this time travel is not related to that promise Elsa talks about, it would feel off to me, I don't know

Most probable, even the demon nun said Yvonne's memories are not complete

Kek, dammmnnn

joined Aug 21, 2017

but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible"

Don't worry, it will turn around when everyone realizes this is just an excuse for fluff between them as kids

Since you are the uploader I will take this as gospel.
LET'S FUCKING GOOO

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible"

Don't worry, it will turn around when everyone realizes this is just an excuse for fluff between them as kids

LET'S FUCKING GOOO

Uploader is just a role that multiple people have.

Pat%20the%20sara
joined Apr 29, 2019

OMG Linda is so cute... OMG all the maids are so cute, I want outfits like those

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

In my opinion I didn't mind Elsa going to the past as much as the weird "evil/demon wolf" plot that got thrown in there out of the blue. I mean of course I never had high expectations of this as a plot but I hoped it wouldn't venture too much in the adventure and world building territory because that's its weak point. True, there was always a darker element hinted at, which I enjoyed only... it had nothing to do with demons... or wolves. It all had to do the the villainess system and how it was preventing Elsa and Yvonne from being together. Maybe the wolves are related to the system but at this point I don't think the story can be salvaged...
Yvonne going to the past hopefully won't last long and we'll fast forward to them as teenagers again so I don't mind. As others have set this point was well set up, with Yvonne not remembering her past fully. However the way they contrived to make her go to the past is just dumb. There should have been some other reason. The typical plot for the villainess story is how the villainess ends up being prosecuted and to be honest I wouldn't have minded seeing that plot again because it works. The village rebels against the nobles and Yvonne needs to escape to the past. I mean that's the whole point of her being a villainess, right? If no one is against her really then what is the point? She's just a random mean girl.
Anyway I hope we move on from this and the story moves forward showing us how Yvonne tries to woo Elsa, who maybe this time could be more mild about her feelings, who knows? Turn the tables or something. Make them have a normal romance. Yvonne plays it up, saying she likes to bully her for fun and we go back to the kinky stuff. I mean to be honest... that's what I liked the most. Of course it's not gonna be full on but, even the fluff by itself is not that interesting, it's just fun to see Yvonne bullying Elsa. I don't care lol. Okay, I wrote too much, bye, haha.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I just hope this plot point will not turn to something stupid like in "I Favore the Villainess". Please.

Conversely, I hope it does. I so hope it does. More works need to embrace their inner JRPG instead of their inner "Jimmy's first D&D campaign."

LET'S FUCKING GOOO

Uploader is just a role that multiple people have.

Can confirm, I do not have anything to do with this series. Although it's such a fun series, and I look forward to it every week! Thanks a ton to everyone working on it!

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 12:01AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

This has always been a setting with fairly high magic. And not only did it start the very dark point of Yvonne being told to kill or cripple Elsa, Elsa herself was possessed by a demonic 'mare'. We got a lot of fluff after that, maybe too much for too long, but "there's dark shit here" was introduced on the very first pages.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

it had nothing to do with demons...

The demon king was introduced as one of the original romance options already in chapter 2...

joined Mar 8, 2014

The demon king was introduced as one of the original romance options already in chapter 2...

It's just rushed. I'm not surprised there are demons. Of course there are. But all of the sudden Faye's
demon wolves are attacking the village for some reason and all of a sudden this is a major plot point that caused Yvonne to be killed in the previous timeline.
The romance options are mentioned and are barely relevant to the plot for so much of the story then Faye appears. Her backstory is barely touched upon and we are thrown back into the past with no explanation whatsoever. It breaks the continuity for me.
I mean sure, usually these fantasy games have a larger adventure plot but it was never really touched upon what that plot was. All we got was that Elsa was supposed to meet her destined soulmate.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's just rushed. I'm not surprised there are demons. Of course there are. But all of the sudden Faye's
demon wolves are attacking the village for some reason and all of a sudden this is a major plot point that caused Yvonne to be killed in the previous timeline.
The romance options are mentioned and are barely relevant to the plot for so much of the story then Faye appears. Her backstory is barely touched upon and we are thrown back into the past with no explanation whatsoever. It breaks the continuity for me.
I mean sure, usually these fantasy games have a larger adventure plot but it was never really touched upon what that plot was. All we got was that Elsa was supposed to meet her destined soulmate.

I would not call this rushed or sudden by any stretch of the word, the injured demon king's storyline was first introduced way back in chapter 39, before they even set out to the village. An entire volume and more has since come and gone, slowly building up to this.

And I really don't see how you can call them "Faye's demon wolves" when she's the main target of the attack...

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 7:34AM

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

I would not call this rushed or sudden by any stretch of the word, the injured demon king's storyline was first introduced way back in chapter 39, before they even set out to the village. An entire volume and more has since come and gone, slowly building up to this.

And I really don't see how you can call them "Faye's demon wolves" when she's the main target of the attack...

Agreed. The village's being attacked was discussed earlier during this very arc (I've been waiting for it to happen for a some time). There's nothing happening that hasn't been hinted at or introduced (very upfront) for a long while now. If anything it's been slow getting to this point as I assumed the village attack would have happened many chapters ago (but the author focused on fluff for a while and lost the balance between fluff and plot). Like you said: the heavy fluff we had was the actual break in the story, not the other way around. There was a point there were the system, the demon girl's position in the game, the clearly time traveling witch and the incoming attack seemed like they were completely forgotten, and replaced by turning into a pure fluff romance. If anything, I'm glad the story is back on the tracks it set for itself.

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 8:51AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

I don't remember anything about a village attack being mentioned. I read back and Yvonne says they'll be meeting the race of demons, which they did. Did I miss something? Maybe I did, not sure.
Faye tells the wolves something along the lines of "why are you attacking your master?"
For me the main plot was how to get rid of the villainess system and it feels like it got sidetracked in favor of the actual "game plot".

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Faye tells the wolves something along the lines of "why are you attacking your master?"

I mean, she's certainly the demon king and as such the "master" of all demons, but she's hardly in control there - and Evie explains this event in chapter 58.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I don't remember anything about a village attack being mentioned.

A few chapters back, the villagers said that the monsters had been acting weird and then suddenly they attacked the village and that's why the villagers were advised to stay inside and be protected by the MCs. That's also why the Demon Lord girl went out to save her friend. So according to Future!Elsa, this is supposed to be a turning point for the storyline/future because that's where Evie dies.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

For me the main plot was how to get rid of the villainess system and it feels like it got sidetracked in favor of the actual "game plot".

System, game routes (or set romantic routes) and her growing crush on Elsa have been tied together for a bit. Evie has been juggling all 3 constantly. Issue is that for a long while now the plot has been shifting in ways Evie has not predicted, so she has been on the back foot--memory issues, Nun changes, system plot disappearing for some reason, future Elsa, demon's being a child and a girl, demon attack coming earlier, finding out that she will die etc.

This situation is just another that's been unpredictable for her and there's likely a reason that will involve the system and more importantly the strings attached to that system etc. The author has been building up these discrepancies for a bit and the discrepancies have had to do with the system, game plot and Evie's romance with Elsa all at once. The recent fluff chapters were just the "beach episode" in the middle of the intensifying issues that Evie has been dealing with. I can't even call it full fluff because future Elsa is introduced during this and has been here pushing the plot, introducing time travel possibilities, hinting at (then explicitly revealing) a possible future without Evie and also introducing a possible ability to modify the system, as well. Point being that there's been a lot going on besides just the system giving her commands.

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 10:35AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

oh god this chapter is so cute

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Dynasty comments being Dynasty comments again, I see. Telling us all how they think the story should be written, by way of paragraphs of complaining.

Maybe just ... let the story unfold, for once? If it doesn't resolve well, that's when you can say it was a poorly executed plot point, not before.

last edited at Mar 3, 2023 9:44PM

joined Oct 9, 2022

Dynasty comments being Dynasty comments again, I see. Telling us all how they think the story should be written, by way of paragraphs of complaining.

Maybe just ... let the story unfold, for once? If it doesn't resolve well, that's when you can say it was a poorly executed plot point, not before.

truth, they only complain, there is still a lot of history ahead

last edited at Mar 5, 2023 11:01PM

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

MOOOOORE MOOOOOOOOOORE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE aaAAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Mar 8, 2014

I am not complaining, this is simply my opinion. In any case, I will refrain from being negative since everyone seems to enjoy the story as it is.

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

Smol Evie is once again precious

To reply you must either login or sign up.