Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

"I own everything around me"

Especially Enorme's Ass.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

This manga calls for the creation of a new portmanteau: ABSLEWD - absurdly lewd.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ladies and gentlemen, the main show is about to start!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Her new form looks so cool!

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Special Skill「Butt Sommelier」

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL Only in this manga would you identify the villain by her BUTT.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

seems like actual NTR is on the menu next chapter

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Oh, Lady Baiser’s plan is EXQUISITE. Time to reform these naughty magical girls into proper heroines of justice, ignite their feelings of camaraderie… so she can have more subs to torment.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 10:33PM

joined Oct 3, 2021

REVERSE PUNISHMENT BABYYYYYY

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Areolas ♥

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 12:46AM

Fairy of the Gilded Lilies
joined Jul 27, 2018

I think we're getting an adaptation!

https://twitter.com/onnkakhr/status/1636019432576405510

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So it says indeed. Nice! :D

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Absolutely no way this is real life

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This better be an OVA release, 'cause I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed to show 2/3 of the manga's content on TV. :D

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

It still feels so weird seeing them in color. Shadow girl is so different from my mental image (blonde with brownish clothes).

joined May 29, 2021

Yeah it looks like there's gonna be an anime. There's no way it isn't massively toned down, though. Honestly I have a hard time believing it will hold a candle to the manga. Too many people would whinge about it. Still, I guess we'll see.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah it looks like there's gonna be an anime. There's no way it isn't massively toned down, though. Honestly I have a hard time believing it will hold a candle to the manga. Too many people would whinge about it. Still, I guess we'll see.

Pretty certain people on social media will take issue with the series regardless. The main character is an outlandish sadist villain and that's not going to go over well. I'm just gonna do my best to keep my head down and avoid the drama the best I can..

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Pretty certain people on social media will take issue with the series regardless. The main character is an outlandish sadist villain and that's not going to go over well. I'm just gonna do my best to keep my head down and avoid the drama the best I can..

Well they can be outraged all they want, not going to change anything in the anime.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Well they can be outraged all they want, not going to change anything in the anime.

Little off topic, but I think I heard when that brothel reviewing anime came out that people were reporting it to Japanese agencies to try getting the anime banned? So whenever something highly sexual comes up, I just get nervous. The backlash tends to be really intense unfortunately.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This better be an OVA release, 'cause I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed to show 2/3 of the manga's content on TV. :D

Confirmed for TV! And, yeah, this might be tricky. The manga is technically already censored, but TV censors tend to have a heavier hand than "you can barely not see nipples"

Pretty certain people on social media will take issue with the series regardless

Maybe not? This being BDSM smut is pretty well known, so I'd expect most people that'd take issue with it simply won't watch

joined Sep 27, 2017

Maybe not? This being BDSM smut is pretty well known, so I'd expect most people that'd take issue with it simply won't watch

You'd hope, but unfortunately an anime adaption brings a new level of visibility, and that tends to come with a wave of people angry about something.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You forget the biggest "problem". Most of the cast are suposs to be middle schoolers.

joined May 29, 2021

You'd hope, but unfortunately an anime adaption brings a new level of visibility, and that tends to come with a wave of people angry about something.

It'll be the age thing that they whine about the most. You'll get some people defending it because people tend to be more forgiving of something like this because of the yuri angle. But the age of the characters and the fact that the mangaka is male will have large amount of people dismissing it a fetish stuff aimed at men and calling it problematic for x-reasons. And yeah, Interspecies Reviewers got hit HARD by the controversy machine to the point it basically had to stop airing normally and lost it's dub. Then again, Redo of Healer managed to weather it. Though that was so audacious they basically knew exactly what they were doing and counted on that. It's hard to know what will happen with this, though I have a bad feeling. Then again, as long as nothing happens to the manga I don't really mind.

joined Sep 27, 2017

It'll be the age thing that they whine about the most. You'll get some people defending it because people tend to be more forgiving of something like this because of the yuri angle. But the age of the characters and the fact that the mangaka is male will have large amount of people dismissing it a fetish stuff aimed at men and calling it problematic for x-reasons. And yeah, Interspecies Reviewers got hit HARD by the controversy machine to the point it basically had to stop airing normally and lost it's dub. Then again, Redo of Healer managed to weather it. Though that was so audacious they basically knew exactly what they were doing and counted on that. It's hard to know what will happen with this, though I have a bad feeling. Then again, as long as nothing happens to the manga I don't really mind.

&

You forget the biggest "problem". Most of the cast are suposs to be middle schoolers.

Replying to both, right character ages in anime get a lot of backlash, and regardless of genre. Usually resulting in generalized anime hate, and sometimes even offensive comments about Japan. Yeah I'm just going to keep my head down, and try to ignore the drama when the adaption comes out.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Am I the only one that thinks this isn't going to make much noise at all? this isn't even that far well known on Yuri circles, it's one of those "not everyone's cup of tea" situation where it was already avoided before and it will certainly be avoided now by the same people, this is either going to be one of those Anime that the general audience will call "filler" of the season (It's one hell of an stupid term but it does happens) or just go under the radar of everyone who isn't from a Yuri circle

last edited at Mar 15, 2023 10:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.