Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ughhh what a great epilogue. The previous one was great too seeing all the side characters' loose ends getting wrapped up like seeing Hidesuke reconnecting with this daughter. That was such a heartwarming moment.

But yeah seeing time skips from the perspective of the kids all grown up just hits the heart in that special way. I really liked how it was from Hiyori's perspective as a 3rd party. Hiyori grew up to be so tall! Which I guess makes sense seeing how tall and lanky her grandma was haha. I like how it didn't brush Yuuta's problems he faced while growing up under the rug, and showed him taking the time to figure it out on his own with this supportive family behind him.

Wish we got to see more of this future, but I'm so happy to be able to have finally finished reading this series. Hard to believe it's already been 10 years, but it was worth the wait. Thanks again for everyone who worked on scanlating this series and for Gouma-den for picking it up so we could finally see the end!

Dd80f908-e6f6-463a-ac3f-52b15264205d
joined Jan 10, 2022

Such a good end! Sad to see it go, but it was nice seeing Yuuta all grown up and a pretty happy ending.

joined Dec 18, 2021

what a beautiful story. Odd time skip but understandable

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

What a legendary run. This story will stick with me for a long time

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

This work is truly remarkable. It had so many different aspects packed together in one continuous story. That is something that I don't see much. Also the way it all drew together in the end was a really great way of story telling. I will remember this piece for a long time. It was a real blast to read and I am so thankful, that it got picked up again for translation and brought to the end. A huge thank you to the translators!

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Why would she do that - because she likes Maya and understands that she might lose her.

Do you know what a great way to lose the person you like? Disappearing without a trace and then showing up years later with a kid just because the kid's dad died and now you need someone to help you.

That's not what happened, they've meet each other again by chance. And Maya was the one who offered help and not the other way.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

god like, someone offered up the possibility that Maya may be trans several chapters and years ago now, and holy shit, this chapter with it's "only a few people called me by that name" in addition to everything else that other people have noticed from previous chapters. No way there's a cis explanation for this one haha

There's. She meant by first name.
Also nobody was surprised (she never was on a reunion since school.)

joined Mar 23, 2022

wait what? I already finished this story, and damn correct me if I wrong but,looks like kei ntr'ed nico and knocked up michiru while dating with him??what the crap, I dropped my jaw when kei mentioned he got michiru pregnant after doing it a fucking "COUPLE OF TIMES" yup it's not just a one night stand but A.FUCKING.COUPLE.OF.TIMES.*sigh*
sometimes I really tink maya is too good for michiru like the immature girl doesn't even deserve her a bit.
T-T. I so feel her pain for getting used of being abandoned.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Love is not about what you deserve. It's about what you feel for another person and what they feel for you. You don't need to "earn" the right to be in love and express that love. It's sort of a central theme of the entire manga lol. And god what an incredibly good manga it is.

wrt the trans theories, I think it's intentionally written as ambiguous on the part of the author, and personally the trans explanation for Maya's motivations and changes makes the most sense. She was very butch presenting in high school, and over time as we see her in different points of her life in the various short little flashback snippets we see, she gets more and more feminine. If she was a cis woman, this change in appearance would perfectly align with her boxing herself up and molding herself for social expectations to avoid being hurt, rather than her personal desires for how she wants to be. However, if that were the case, she'd be back to being butch in the epilogue, where she's decided to be who she wants to be rather than what society expects she should be. Instead she's more femme than ever. Maya being trans just fits so well with the things she experiences, the things she feels, and the framing of a bunch of things in her life that are left far more vague than Michiru's past is.
Also a bunch of smaller details rather than overarching character analysis: 1) She's flat chested in high school and in the story's present has the biggest bust out of any character in the manga 2) That extremely important high school memory with the Prez is about playing Viola from 12th Night, a girl who has to pretend to be a boy but gets to transform into her true self as a girl at the end. That's a super clear metaphor lol. 3) In between when we last see her as flat chested and a few years later when she's not, she was "overseas" for some time, during which time her parents disowned her by removing her name (the one those parents gave her) from the family registry.
All of this is potentially deniable. But I don't know why anyone would be particularly motivated to bother when it's a better story when all these pieces fit together rather than just being random haphazard details. :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.