Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri (Side Stories) discussion

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I love these two TxS is always so great they're my favorite side couple easily. Should be fun next time we check in with these two since she's starting to realize her feelings.

joined May 29, 2021

joined Jun 12, 2015

Pathetic.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Not my favorite pairing (Kujou x Sugimoto). Do you feel a hinge that the manager is going to introduce herself to the sensei? Dog eats Dog world?

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Not my favorite pairing (Kujou x Sugimoto). Do you feel a hinge that the manager is going to introduce herself to the sensei? Dog eats Dog world?

Maybe, but even if she doesn't, I kinda wanna see more of her now

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

She got her ears pierced, good for her

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww I know these two aren't everyones favorite but I they're mine and I'm interested to see where they go from here. This is one of those situations where you should feel bad for Sugimoto but she do be kinda bringing it on herself. Wonder how long before she apologizes to sensei.

joined Jul 6, 2012

Pushing away the people you like, thinking that is the best way to protect yourself, while you pray that they stay with you... One of the things I hate the most about my younger self.... And all that could be solved by simply saying what you want and asking what they think...

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Sugimoto just like me fr

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

She got her ears pierced, good for her

Took me a bit to realize. I hope the best for her

joined Jan 11, 2014

This is the first time it occurred to me that the way this author writes some relationships kind of structurally pisses me off. No one is ever active. No one strives for change. All of them are shackled by their flaws and continue to act in a way that exasperated them instead of choosing to act opposite to them. Everyone is unlikeable because no one has good qualities. No one is allowed to have more than a neutral expression. Every other pair feels the same cause they all have this structure and dynamic.

It’s like, the world the characters live in don’t push them out of their comfort zone and perform actions that are New. They aren’t allowed to be anything but stagnant.

I get that they’re “just like me frfr”, or the author just wants to write stagnant people thinking the entire chapter away, unable to overcome their fatal flaw and find themselves in the love, but also like. Reading about the teacher lowkey annoyed me. The storytelling doesn’t make me hope she finds love, it makes hope she finds a therapy dog and a friend or a hobby. Anything to make her a character that is able to pull my emotions.

And I feel like that’s what it boils down to. Some of these characters are never under any threat to change anything. The twin tailed girl and the delinquent were really cool until they stopped challenging and pushing each other to be a better person. The mangaka and the manager were really cool until they got together and (honestly I can’t remember much of this story anymore I just remember being unmoved by the writing, in any direction). They just… peter out.

Also a bit nitpicky but so many of the romances default to the punchline as “actually I’m totally not on the same wavelength as you about your romance” whether it be manager’s reaction after sex (“I’m seriously reconsidering our future as a couple” bitch. After having good sex for a whole two days? Set your boundaries), Main Character straight up not caring about delinquent girl’s feelings… twin tailed girl and delinquent girl 2’s whole dog thing. But at this point this is me not liking the thesis of this story…

I guess I’ve been following this story for a while and never really thought about it until now.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hmmm . . . well, I see your point, not gonna say you're wrong about any of what you're saying. But it doesn't bother me. How would I put this . . . it's like, usually with manga there are two basic kinds of characters that the stories are about:
1. Characters who get more or less vanilla stories, who have one or two flaws and anxieties but are fundamentally pretty amazing
2. Characters with major league flaws, who get to star in massive train wrecks where everyone cheats and does massive mind games and have serious breakdowns and all kinds of awful train-wreck stuff.

I actually find it kind of refreshing that here we have characters who are not just flawed but frankly not very amazing human beings, "no better than they should be" to use a cliche so archaic it stopped being a cliche about a century ago--and yet they get real relationships like people actually do, instead of being relegated to trainwreck punishment hell.

Basically, this manga has a good deal less moralizing than most, and isn't all about "Good things happen to good people (as they should)" or "Bad things happen to bad people (as they should)". We're not used to it, because typical manga have a very strong moralizing streak. And I mean, I don't want all manga to be like this one, but I don't mind a little break from the usual way of doing it.

last edited at Apr 5, 2023 1:27PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Basically, this: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_dont_want_a_happy_ending_after_story#12

Mikanuji wants to write stories about happy relationships between women. Not "perfect" relationships, but relationships that somehow work even though the women involved are flawed, like every human being is.

As she says, their relationships are erratic, difficult, etc, not because they're gay, but because they're human.She doesn't judge her characters, she just brings them to life and watches them change.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

She's not trying to fix her characters. They have flaws and always will. I also wouldn't say they aren't pushed or challenged, they just don't resolve those challenges in the typical way.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhm. One of the many things I hate about classic forgettable romance plots; you got two people that are flawed in a (hopefully) interesting way. They meet and (probably instantly) fall in love. Then they change (probably in one cataclysmic event) completely to the most boring aggressively "normal" person ever. Not only is this utter nonsense, but also insultingly dull.

... which isn't to say that I'm enjoying the teacher chapters much. But whatever. At least it's different.

last edited at Apr 5, 2023 2:17PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Wait so did bartender pick up her phone or does bartender know Sugimoto personally?

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Wait so did bartender pick up her phone or does bartender know Sugimoto personally?

Lesbian bars in Japan are few and far between, If you own a bar you basically know almost every lesbian in the area.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mannic posted:

Sugimoto works in the next door Maid Café.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzoroi_no_renri_ch61#4

And seems to be hanging out in that bar pretty often. They may have exchanged number at some point.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzoroi_no_renri_ch62 : "Very close"

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 2:30AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Mannic posted:

Sugimoto works in the next door Maid Café.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzoroi_no_renri_ch61#4

And seems to be hanging out in that bar pretty often. They may have exchanged number at some point.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzoroi_no_renri_ch62 : "Very close"

Ah had to go reread them that was quite a bit back I didn't even remember. Thank you for that clarification so she called to snitch out senpai to Sugimoto.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

If you read the published volumes, there are already 5 volumes released. The appearance of Bartender is much sooner because there are some untranslated chapters which improve the development of the story.

joined Feb 7, 2022

The bartender showed up in other seiries once.
https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/84671197

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Saori why must you always be like this

joined Jul 26, 2016

Saori and Shizuku have like... anti-chemistry.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

They say that opposites attract... And then there is these two that are so far opposite they down a complete 360 just to end up right back in front of each other and it works.. sortaish.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Manager just wants more crime in the world.

To reply you must either login or sign up.