Forum › A Room For Two discussion

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

So is there anywhere outside of Japan where the idea of putting soup in a thermos is unconventional enough for that to be a joke?

I was wondering that lol. I wouldn’t bat an eyelid at putting curry in a Thermos.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

you people have thermoses (thermi?)?

joined Jan 6, 2017

So is there anywhere outside of Japan where the idea of putting soup in a thermos is unconventional enough for that to be a joke?

I have never heard of people putting food in a thermos. It's not soup shaped so I couldn't do it myself. I'd rather just put it in a bowl and either eat it cold or put it in a microwave

56756a8ca295773eef97b31175f282b3
joined Sep 8, 2020

Heck, putting miso inside a thermos just makes sense. You don't even need to remove the lid as you would for soup if it's a coffee/tea thermos; miso is thin enough. I mean sure putting soup in one of those long thermoses is a bit unusual, but not that remarkably so. It keeps the soup nice and warm without having to reheat it, then you just pour it into a bowl when you have your lunch.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

For me it's less about putting soup in a thermos, I mean I've done that myself, and more about putting soup in a thermos and casually drinking it at work.

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's so weird to have this series at 'will they or won't they' after so very, very long where people were insistent that they already were and that anyone asking for confirmation was being silly.

What are you even talking about? "Will they or won't they" what?

"Have sex", perhaps.

More generally, we've debated about whether they were in something like a standard romantic relationship, and the manga has recently answered that with "no".

As for this chapter... can't tell the difference between coffee and hot chocolate? Kasumi is an alien!

last edited at Jan 21, 2023 1:08AM

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

Remember that the blonde one (sorry, I'm bad with their names) is thinking about what the brunette ask her (if she have thought about dating her) in the special 3 "The things I want to ask but wasn't been able to". In the 79.8 (i think) she thought that the blonde haven't heard her, but she was giving it a thought, and in the onsen one, not long ago, she said to her that she were going to answer her when she thought more about it. Sooo I'm hyped for the answer, hope it don't take so much.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

They spent the chapter drinking yet Sakurako remains the thirstiest bitch alive. "So this is what Kasumi tastes like".

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

As someone who lived years in Japan I wouldn't baulk at putting misoshiro broth in a thermos, though I might buy two - a savory and a drink thermos. Curry smells way stronger, and is way harder to get the smell out so it doesn't affect your drinks, and is way more noticeable at work. Also, apparently their thermos has a lip inside where vegetables can congregate, making it hard to scrub. I would say miso and curry are two separate cases.

Also: for decades now you can buy soup albeit usua.ly a sweet soup in the drinks vending machines, so that's not really the issue.

last edited at Jan 21, 2023 6:55PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

One time I read a seinen manga (seinen = "for grown-up men") with an office worker mc who hit it off with a comely lady and started going out with her. They went on dates and always ended the night having sex in a love hotel. One day she moved in with him. Their life became the life of a married couple; they naturally fell into the roles of working man and housewife. After a couple of years they started thinking about tying the knot for real, and had serious talks about what kind of wedding would be best. They even talked about children. Everything seemed to be going fine... when suddenly she went all moody and glum and sullen, and appeared to be irritated at him. He had no clue what was going on. Then one morning she faced him, hands on her hips, and demanded angrily that he say "I love you" to her! Yeah, because up to that point, according to her, he had never said those words! The guy paled, staggered back as if kicked in the gut, started sweating... and then claimed that it was WAY too early for that! His heart wasn't ready for something so big and she needed to give him more time. Like, a few more years!

The story, of course, was a parody. It poked fun at some classic problems of Japanese heterosexual couples—mainly at the inability of overly inhibited Japanese men to speak ther feelings. Ah, but, as we all know, all-girl couples are different! I really find it hilarious that the two ladies who make the main yuri couple in this manga have been living together, sharing a bed, having sex, and telling each other their passionate feelings of love and tenderness for fucking YEARS... and yet they still have never addressed the matter of whether they are gal pals, fling buddies, girlfriends, spouses, super friends, friends with benefits, just roommates, or what.

joined Jan 14, 2020

having sex

We don't actually know that.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

We don't actually know that.

Speak for yourself.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

It poked fun at some classic problems of Japanese heterosexual couples—mainly at the inability of overly inhibited Japanese men to speak ther feelings.

A hundred thousand shounen-seinen manga can take the witness stand and confirm this. o3o

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

It poked fun at some classic problems of Japanese heterosexual couples—mainly at the inability of overly inhibited Japanese men to speak ther feelings.

A hundred thousand shounen-seinen manga can take the witness stand and confirm this. o3o

Def onto something. In straight romcom the joke is that the guy often has trouble admitting his love; but in yuri it's funny (or irksome ymmv lol) how often the girls find it difficult to put a name tag on their relationship—even after they told each other their love and did sexual stuff! After School and Sakura Trick are superlative examples ottomh.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What the heck is going on? Has that whole discussion in the train completely been forgotten or what?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was quite a reaction for a mere 100 yen... :D

What the heck is going on? Has that whole discussion in the train completely been forgotten or what?

Pretty sure that's why Kasumi was looking for a romance book.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 7:38AM

12a1
joined May 12, 2019

Kasumi needs some time to think about it, her answer will eventually come, don't worry. Right now the manga is focusing on giving her the perspective she needs to figure things out, using all sorts of characters and situations, while still leaving some space for the SoL stuff. She doesn't seem to understand romance that much, despite clearly having plenty of feelings of her own, so no wonder she hasn't responded yet given that she never had to think about it before and also doesn't have quite the same brain wiring as most people do

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

The author is just teasing now Kasumi officially accepting entering into a romantic relationship with her instead the unsaid thing they are doing now.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Kasumi needs some time to think about it, her answer will eventually come, don't worry. Right now the manga is focusing on giving her the perspective she needs to figure things out, using all sorts of characters and situations, while still leaving some space for the SoL stuff. She doesn't seem to understand romance that much, despite clearly having plenty of feelings of her own, so no wonder she hasn't responded yet given that she never had to think about it before and also doesn't have quite the same brain wiring as most people do

Has there ever been any discussion about Kasumi possibly being asexual , Demi or the like in the forums or even in the manga?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Has there ever been any discussion about Kasumi possibly being asexual , Demi or the like in the forums or even in the manga?

I don't believe so in the manga itself. I've definitely seen it on here though.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...having sex...

Yo, wait, when did that happen? Or supposedly happen in case it's implied.

In any case, I really like how the story now focuses on Kasumi and shows through little gestures and other nuances that she truly is giving proper thought to Sakurako's question and how what was an incredibly impactful and dramatic moment is skillfully woven into the already existing fabric of the series without feeling out of place. I'm really looking forward to seeing that develop further.

As an aside, you know, I really like this series, and I really like Yukiko's style, but despite that, I'm not actually following this series all too closely and/or haven't really read it "properly", even though I've wanted to for the longest time. Seeing the number of chapters is kinda threatening, to be honest. What I planned to do was to start getting the volumes physically and going through it like that, but haven't gotten around to it yet. There's no meaningful point to this paragraph, just wanted to share that in writing.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Sooo...Sakurako is waiting for a proposal from Kasumi right?

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

soooo who is Yukari again?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I think I missed a chapter somewhere. When she asked her on the train about them actually dating did she ever get an answer?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Yesterday it was MahiMahi, today it's my favorite married couple who for many years have been living together, sleeping together, and doing everything connubial bliss entails -- BUT still haven't been able to find the proper name for a relationship of love and passion such as theirs.

I'm so blessed these days.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 1:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.