Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^Agreed. The narrative of this merely seems to be picking and prodding. Seems shallow even for yuri.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Well, I, for one, think you are deflecting and avoiding the question, lady. :-)

yeah it's interesting to see because like, that sort of deflecting the question back on Ji Youyan can extremely easily give the wrong impression, like it's obvious here that Youyan asks this question because she's anxious she is actually overstepping so a deflection like this will only be recieved as "yes you are overstepping I'm not even going to give a real answer because of how obvious that is" and like not to put blame on Jing Xiu's shoulders but if that is a habit of hers I can see how their relationship was bad for Youyan, because that type of answering is just anxiety fuel.

Yeah from the flashbacks it doesn’t seem like she was like that at all. Seems like she was pretty upfront with her affection.

You could also read it as her ‘testing’ her. Like she’s actually asking what she thinks to see what youyan thinks of her?

But yeah I think she’s just deflecting since the answer should be obvious but she’s not going to tell her ex that truth

joined Apr 16, 2022

I feel like I'm less and less understanding the fighting between them

Ji Youyan is worried that her attempts to lighten the Simon Cowell role Jing Xiu has taken on are just annoying her. Jing Xiu doesn't want to admit she actually appreciates it because she's still hurt from when Ji Youyan broke up with her and is trying to maintain distance. I think it's actually pretty straightforward?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Ji Youyan is worried that her attempts to lighten the Simon Cowell role Jing Xiu has taken on are just annoying her. Jing Xiu doesn't want to admit she actually appreciates it because she's still hurt from when Ji Youyan broke up with her and is trying to maintain distance. I think it's actually pretty straightforward?

^^^ this!! It feels petty because JX is being petty right now, haha. Look at the way she balls up her fist-- she's clearly still hurt. JYY is stuck between wanting to declare her love to JX and also walking on eggshells because she's not sure if JX will take her back after all that's happened between them.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

^^^ this!! It feels petty because JX is being petty right now, haha. Look at the way she balls up her fist-- she's clearly still hurt. JYY is stuck between wanting to declare her love to JX and also walking on eggshells because she's not sure if JX will take her back after all that's happened between them.

If it werent for the fact that JYY had that experience with reincarnation where she saw JX cancel her marriage and weep on her grave I doubt she’d keep pushing like this

joined Apr 16, 2022

If it werent for the fact that JYY had that experience with reincarnation where she saw JX cancel her marriage and weep on her grave I doubt she’d keep pushing like this

That's certainly true, but one thing I quite like about this manhua is that knowing the future doesn't prevent Ji Youyan from constantly fucking up lol. There's still a lot she doesn't understand about Jing Xiu which causes her to put her foot in her mouth a lot -- most memorably when she asks if they can be friends, completely forgetting something she told Jing Xiu in the past that clearly meant a lot to the latter. I like how going back in time didn't just make Ji Youyan a completely different person; she's still the same person who broke Jing Xiu's heart and then drank herself to death, she just has a little more knowledge this time around.

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

Enjoyed this so much I went to look up the remaining untranslated chapters and now I'm reading the original webnovel from the beginning. This is a lot better than other time travel or transmigration works I've read so far; hoping the quality keeps up.

6a13d11b9c1d6633db9da73c51c73b06
joined May 7, 2022

^Agreed. The narrative of this merely seems to be picking and prodding. Seems shallow even for yuri.

I've read up to chapter 32 of the manhua, and still don't think it's anywhere up to par with the level of writing in the web novel. Back when I first read it, my first thoughts were: "Jing Xiu's overly harsh on Ji Youyan." "She's trying her best to change, can't you accept it?" But I eventually came to understand why.

Ji Youyan's behaviour back then was dreadful (I'm not going to go into specifics), and she is probably the sole cause of Jing Xiu's mental problems and her inability to trust in love. Ji Youyan would later come to lament herself for reducing such a proud person to the pitiful and vulnerable state she was at when they broke up. Youyan herself doubted that she had enough responsibility to care for Jing Xiu, and their lack of ability to understand each other killed their relationship. But the connection they used to have could not be rebuilt that easily because Ji Youyan herself, by her own actions, had burned that bridge.

When they broke up, Ji Youyan gave Jing Xiu a clear (and 100% true) reason as to why she couldn't be with her when she's at her weakest, but Jing Xiu refused to trust her because she had been fed too many lies over the years, and this is just as "convenient" as any reason she had made up in the past. But you'll eventually see the Jing Xiu that's willing to put Youyan's career before her own, and the one willing to sacrifice her own life (and personal health) to save Ji Youyan.

I'm not gonna delve into how this will eventually play out, but this is generally my opinion from the experience I had reading the web novel. Again, I must re-state that I don't think the manhua has managed to convey character's emotions and thoughts anywhere as well as the web novel (just like the usual manga vs light novel debate). Certain chapters gave off a more "goofy ahh..." energy and seems to lean heavier on the comedy side than the novel version does. I don't want to be harsh, but the novel is, at least to me, a more satisfying experience.

last edited at Oct 7, 2022 8:47AM

joined Jul 18, 2020

^ In my opinion, the manhua does pretty well on adapting the novel. Jing Xiu acted the same way toward Ji Youyan they become lovers again. Even in the novel, Jing Xiu doesn't give any hint of you-know-what until it was revealed.

Images%20(1)
joined Jun 11, 2020

I think...I don't like this....imma drop it

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh no, I started reading just now and now I must wait. I really like this one!!!

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I'm really loving this so far. There's just a really genuine, thoughtful, and emotionally mature approach to their split that I haven't seen anywhere else, and I really look forward to seeing this progress.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I got lured into reading this one by a pretty cover (it's up to ch 22 on mangadex)... and not going to lie, so far I'm pretty disappointed. I have a hard time caring about any of the characters in it, and despite the plot being weirdly convoluted (with a backwards time skip to top it off), nothing of note seems to be happening.

I dunno why I kept on reading this, I guess I'm just hoping something finally happens but nothing does... and the whole supernatural part of the plot basically doesn't matter, I could see it play out exactly the same if she didn't have the knowledge of the future at all.
It just feels like this very awkward crutch serving as an additional motivation, and providing some additional explanation to the readers as we encounter various characters - it's like the author really wanted to add some commentary about people's backstories (forwardstories?), and awkwardly incorporated this in-universe.

Overall, I somehow didn't enjoy this very much, maybe I have a hard time caring about hardships of celebrities.

(The comment was prompted by seeing another celebrity manhua yuri with pretty art on the front page and recalling this one, which honestly now just makes me wary of them all :P )

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 7:05AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Awww poor Yueyue, she’s just trying her best!!

And to all the LN and WN readers, please don’t spoil content that hasn’t been posted here yet. I get that you want to discuss, but don’t ruin plot and events for those of us only reading the manhua.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thanks for the batch upload! This series definitely benefits from a binge read since the individual chapters themselves are really really short and often end abruptly or without anything having happened. So reading 5 chapters at once helped with the frustration I usually get when reading an update for this series lol.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Yay, so many chapters! Love this series, though admittedly, I am biased from already adoring the web novel.
I do agree though that the chapters are a bit thin on content and thus somewhat hard to follow individually. For those who are not enjoying the story right now it might be a good idea to wait for a while and then read in bulk, that seems to make it easier than reading chapter by chapter

joined Mar 19, 2020

Yay, so many chapters! Love this series, though admittedly, I am biased from already adoring the web novel.
I do agree though that the chapters are a bit thin on content and thus somewhat hard to follow individually. For those who are not enjoying the story right now it might be a good idea to wait for a while and then read in bulk, that seems to make it easier than reading chapter by chapter

Is the web novel fully translated?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

And to all the LN and WN readers, please don’t spoil content that hasn’t been posted here yet. I get that you want to discuss, but don’t ruin plot and events for those of us only reading the manhua.

For anyone who wants to discuss the LN/WN content that hasn't been covered by the manhua yet, you can use the == formatting to keep it censored.

Honestly-- if you're having trouble digesting what's happening in the manhua right now and you might want to drop it, I would sincerely bookmark the series to at least check in on it later this year when we cover more ground. I've been waiting for this adaption for a while now, and it's awesome to see it being translated and brought to attention here!

Thank you @ the scanlation team!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Sadly not, the first 18 or so chapters are translated and the rest is just machine translated. Tbh, the machine translation is complete and utter garbage and often hardly readable but the underlying story is just so good that I kept reading anyway

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That swimsuit/suspender pant combo is pretty hot. Their poor wingwoman has become the interuptus; puavre fille.

joined Mar 19, 2020

Sadly not, the first 18 or so chapters are translated and the rest is just machine translated. Tbh, the machine translation is complete and utter garbage and often hardly readable but the underlying story is just so good that I kept reading anyway

Oh thanks! Good to know if I decide to go down that route

joined May 3, 2014

Overall, I somehow didn't enjoy this very much, maybe I have a hard time caring about hardships of celebrities.

lol what? it’s fiction not reality? I will had actualy understand the other type of story were they involve actualy evil people, (like novels about the mafia boss falling in love with an innocen person) that type of romance makes me ugh not be able to read since I coudn’t care less about an murderer/criminal love life, and the romantization of so called true evil people, UNLESS the plot is more fiction that reality depiction of criminal/murderer people

This just keeps getting better!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

lol what? it’s fiction not reality?

It doesn't really matter to me much if the celebrities are fictional or not, it's not like I'm very familiar with real celebrities either. I think it may be just the very simple fact that you usually want to relate to characters in some way at least partially, and I don't think there's anything relatable about some superstar actresses having a rivalry... and the fact that they actually have some secret relationship past just goes into territory of completely unrealistic shipping fanfiction (hell, you even have a shipper in-universe in the actual story), and it's not the kind of stuff I usually care about. Something about this just constantly feels "fake" to me.

Anyway, maybe this just isn't for me. Reading multiple chapters at a time doesn't help, I read the first 20 or so at once and it just seems very boring to me (and how they managed to make it boring while involving time travel reincarnation shenanigans is honestly pretty surprising). I don't know if I can explain any better why it didn't click for me.

Edit: I mixed up my celebrity manhuas, I think they don't have rivalry in this one :P but it doesn't matter to my general point

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 7:53AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I bet once we reach the lewd chapters y’all hoes ain’t gonna be calling this lovely series “boring”

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 6:38PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.