Forum › Only Show Yourself to Me discussion

Ani_no_yome
joined Jul 21, 2020

Shaping up to be really precious, glad we got some Sawa perspective.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Oh god, please let this be cute. I've been reading too much dark stuff lately and I'm worried this is gonna turn hyper toxic by the end.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Oh god, please let this be cute. I've been reading too much dark stuff lately and I'm worried this is gonna turn hyper toxic by the end.

I dunno, so far it doesn't seem to go anywhere near that direction.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Nice POV change. Great art.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I was worried about making friends in the big city so I made a girlfriend instead.

Deal with it.

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 8:01AM

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

They've already started isolating these two, and talked about how paranoid one is about female relationships since they've been hurt so much before. It definitely doesn't scream "this will end badly" like a Manio story or something, but it could definitely go in some uncomfortable directions. Hopefully it's just me reading into things cause I've been on a dark story binge lately x.x

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

They've already started isolating these two, and talked about how paranoid one is about female relationships since they've been hurt so much before. It definitely doesn't scream "this will end badly" like a Manio story or something, but it could definitely go in some uncomfortable directions. Hopefully it's just me reading into things cause I've been on a dark story binge lately x.x

Maybe. But I don't personally get that impression from the story so far. The classmates also seem quite nice.

As a side note. I'm happy that the "I overhear half of a conversation"-situation didn't lead to a clichéd misunderstanding and drama.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This seems nice. It gives that old-school vibe to me but with some promises of a certain more modern approach to the plot and stuff

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

"She's secretly the one I love"
Girl, you are fooling NO ONE with those blushes.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Maybe. But I don't personally get that impression from the story so far. The classmates also seem quite nice.

As a side note. I'm happy that the "I overhear half of a conversation"-situation didn't lead to a clichéd misunderstanding and drama.

Hoping ya'll are right. I'mma go looking through the wholesome tag to get a bit of a purge for my system.

joined Dec 13, 2020

"Preposterous to the point of being precious" is my new favorite saying.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oooh, usin' the big L word already, movin' fast, aren't we lesbians?

What's next, the u-haul?

Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

This is so gay and so beautiful, I really love it

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Tano-san is one capable country lesbian. Wish I was like that when I went to uni on most of my years there.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Haha I was thinking the opposite. I've been reading too much fluff lately. I want something in between like "With that Forbidden Girl in a Forbidden Place" where it starts off toxic but ends up in a kind of place, but maybe codependent.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I know, right? I saw here come along as those girls were badmouthing her and I was like "Here we go, she's going to think our girl dislikes her too or something" and then it totally turned it around like "Take that, annoying trope! And that! And that!!!"
Had to be on purpose too, IMO. And it does give me the feeling this story's gonna be mostly on the fluffy side, with the angst from the past serving mainly to underline how much better it is to be happy.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Had an absolute garbage day, glad to at least have some solace through this as well as the adorable KimiShinu chapter, amusingly enough. I don't know how to format images in comments, but this is my general feeling right now.. Really looking forward to more.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Most of the time I see this sort of situation, it ends with the friend showing everyone how great the misunderstood one is and everyone getting along.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Miss ma'am you've known her for two days and you're already throwing around the L word. Get a grip Tano! Slow down a little lol.

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 6:29PM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

"lesbians are so cool, I wish they were real"

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

This is precious and would be cuter if both leads weren't desperate for female affection. Not that the emotions are unrealistic, but the girls dwell on it a lot instead of the other's good points. I want to see hurdles couples can face when advancing from a blatantly opportunistic relationship! Adorably! Though I'm not going to hold out too much hope the story will lean into that beyond the standard rapport and luck.

The situation is kind of funny and headed towards an upbeat ending. Rurika self-isolated because her classmates were boy-crazy. Tano is greatly swayed by appearances just like the boys Rurika doesn't care about, and obsessing.

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 8:32PM

joined Oct 20, 2022

The mangaka is about to throw down the gauntlet, it is coming, I am sure most of you also sense it is coming. ....you cannot continue to keep drawing a manga with a plot like this so far before running out of ideas, unless you artificially inject some drama out of the blue, no?

joined Apr 16, 2022

Nah, it doesn't have that vibe to me. I've said this before but this manga really reminds me of Yatosaki Haru's work, and her manga are mostly low-key and light, albeit sometimes suffused with a sort of bittersweet longing. But her relationships are never close to toxic, and these two girls seem to be good for each other too.

joined Sep 2, 2018

Rural lesbian with social anxiety x hardened lesbian who finds her walls crumbling is not a dynamic I expected to see, but good goddess I need more of this!

Edit: so today's episode takes place on 4/20? No wonder their hearts are blazing.
Also to be more serious, the panel where Ruriko stops walking and realizes she's going to go back to talk to Tano about the event hit me in the feels, even though it's literally only her lower legs. As someone who has been scorned many times before my current relationship, that feeling of "Shit. I'm into her. I'm really doing this again. But... I have to." is all too familiar. I'm glad she got that instant validation from overhearing the conversation.

last edited at Jan 6, 2023 3:46AM

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I love how simple and straightforward this is. Good, old-fashioned romance. Makes me wanna see them sharing a milkshake or something

To reply you must either login or sign up.