Forum › Stella Record discussion

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

This smells like NTR shit. Not interested.

I guess this aged well...

Most of these stories have drama. It's way too early to say it's NTR unless every story with (possibly brief) relationship drama and love triangles are NTR now. That person dipped at the slightest touch of drama. I don't know how I'd read any series of I jumped ship that early.

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 1:29PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Damn, so many hot takes in here...

joined Sep 9, 2022

Searching for some nice Yuri before sleep and now I'm regretting my actions

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Huh. I dunno if I've ever felt this before, but maybe this should've just been a one shot. This is...frustrating to say the least. I think I'm gonna reread the other chapters to see if this feels anything other than out of left field, because it just...didn't sit well with me at all. I get a story needs something to be in conflict or flux, but that could've easily been stuff outside their relationship, rather than just shoving in a random love triangle out of nowhere.

So I did go back and re-read it, and this didn't just come out of nowhere, they clearly set up that the senpai was obsessed with Akane, she got super flustered multiple times being around her. But this still feels really aggressive on her part.

I think the reason this feels odd is that Kyouko and Ritsu's relationship is brand new, and Kyouko feels justified now in her fear, even though Ritsu should be able to go out and see friends. It's rewarding Kyouko's paranoia, which feels bad in the long run.

I'm definitely not at a point I would stop reading it, but I do want to see the two of them make this right soon. For a story that started out with a formerly unrequited love becoming mutual, I wanted to see these two explore their relationship more, not fight over a love triangle. Could've given it a few chapters to breathe.

joined Sep 10, 2022

For a story that started out with a formerly unrequited love becoming mutual, I wanted to see these two explore their relationship more, not fight over a love triangle. Could've given it a few chapters to breathe.

Yeah it's all happened very quickly and is part of why it seems abrupt. Normally this stuff happens after a bit.

But the author did introduce this trouble right from the first chapter so who knows if this mess is the main focus of the story.

It seems like her sister is the elephant in the room and this triangle seems intended to force a discussion of this mystery sister and the impact she's had on others.

I think both women are interested in each other because they see each other as representations of a person they loved and admired but can no longer reach. For one, it's mistaken romance and I think Ritsu just wants to connect with someone who's a stand in for her sister. I don't think Ritsu views it's romantically (but we'll see next chapter).

The drama hasn't been done well but it feels like this is what the author is attempting? (If that's ends up as the case the story should have centered this sister issue from the start to help with reader expectations). That also might be a charitable, interpretation. It wouldn't totally surprise me if this situation is just dropped (even though this sister stuff clearly needs to be focused on based on the build up).

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 4:34PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Since we are at questions, I also have a question. Is the cover page really supposed to look like that? It seems to have 400% more gamma than necessary. I tried a gamma correction (to make it lower) and this is what I got:

It seems more satisfactory, or at least more pleasing to my eyes.

I don't think this was answered yet, so the answer is yes, it's supposed to look like that (the original).

This author has several covers like that. It's s o f t aesthetics.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I can understand why people are upset by this turn of events, but I think it's fairly plausible given how the characters were set up (aside from the breakneck pacing, but this manga has had that from the beginning). Makoto using Ritsu as a replacement for her sister makes sense -- she was introduced mistaking one for the other, after all. As for Ritsu, she's a people pleaser by nature and is absolutely terrified by conflict; recall how she cut off her hair and was prepared to leave Kyouko entirely after confessing to her. Of course her response to the woman she's trying to become friends with to get a lead on her sister is going to be to (attempt to) defuse and downplay the situation.

In a lot of ways, this manga is a (much) more melodramatic version of My Cute Little Kitten. Kyouko, like Yuna, has incredibly low self-esteem and subconsciously believes someone could only like her because they want to fuck her; Ritsu, like Rena, does not really understand her girlfriend and wrongly assumes that verbal assurances should be enough to set her worries at ease. (Of course, Kyouko's irrational jealousy of her girlfriend's female friend ended up being accurate, unlike Yuna's, but that's just coincidence; despite the saying, it remains paranoia even if they really are out to get you.)

I highly doubt this manga will turn into true NTR, but I do wonder where Makoto's character goes from here. It's going to take a lot of effort for the author to make her likable after this, but she doesn't strike me as a pure antagonist either.

Img-20230104-wa0002
joined Dec 16, 2022

The main reason why I'm single is precisely for the emotional dependence with the other person. This two chapters illustrate perfectly this aspect of romantic relationships, I think the problem is the change of POV of Kyouko to Ritsu.

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

I can understand why people are upset by this turn of events, but I think it's fairly plausible given how the characters were set up (aside from the breakneck pacing, but this manga has had that from the beginning).

? It is the 4th chapter and Ritsu was completely changed as a character (not developed or set up), going from being a devoted lover to being okay with kissing an acquaintance (at best), flaming her lover for getting bullied by said acquaintance and possibly throwing away her relationship because she actively allows the random hottie to go for her.. all in TWO chapters, mind you. How is that ever plausible or comprehensible?

The author jeopardized and ruined Ritsu as a character for this weird, nonsense development to push some bait "story" and "character growth". Even fast pace can't excuse what happened here, lol.

"Just don't read, lmao" "Why mad?" The initial chapters and the oneshot/prior series were enjoyable, so it's sad to see what the author did here..

joined Apr 16, 2022

I can understand why people are upset by this turn of events, but I think it's fairly plausible given how the characters were set up (aside from the breakneck pacing, but this manga has had that from the beginning).

? It is the 4th chapter and Ritsu was completely changed as a character (not developed or set up), going from being a devoted lover to being okay with kissing an acquaintance (at best), flaming her lover for getting bullied by said acquaintance and possibly throwing away her relationship because she actively allows the random hottie to go for her.. all in TWO chapters, mind you. How is that ever plausible or comprehensible?

I wouldn't say Ritsu was ever characterized as a "devoted lover"; the conflict in the manga since serialization has been Kyouko's insecurities about Ritsu not having sex with her and hanging out with Makoto instead. I also wouldn't say she's "okay with" Makoto kissing her; she's just conflict avoidant so her reaction was to downplay and dismiss. And she didn't hear Makoto bullying Kyouko, she only woke up at Kyouko's response (which yes was author contrivance, I'm not claiming this manga is great literature).

To clarify, I'm not saying anyone is "wrong" for disliking any of this. I know a lot of people don't like melodrama. I just think it's inaccurate to claim that Ritsu's character has been changed/derailed. I think this is all very consistent with who she's been from the beginning -- an anxious and conflict-avoidant novice at love who, despite caring deeply for Kyouko, doesn't really understand her that well.

Img-20230104-wa0002
joined Dec 16, 2022

It's like the mangaka only have 5 - 6 chapters and rush all over the place instead of give an organic development of events. The story in paper and the emotions can feel authentic but the events an characters are just not believable.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

It's like the mangaka only have 5 - 6 chapters and rush all over the place instead of give an organic development of events. The story in paper and the emotions can feel authentic but the events an characters are just not believable.

Un/fortunately, we don't know, but maybe the mangaka or the magazine only planned for roughly 6 chapter, who knows! It does feel like one of these stories that feels a bit rushed, where events happen too fast, because it's slated to only last a couple short chapters. One such story I did recently and surprised me is "Can't run from my student".

joined Feb 10, 2022

Kyouko is 100% in the right here and Ritsu should not have yelled at her lol

lol? They're still adolescents. Do all adolescents have an idea of what responsibility is? Plus this situation(drunk people going home pretty late) is pretty common in real life couple, am I wrong?

joined Sep 10, 2022

Overreactions, indeed. Glad she nipped that in the bud quick (but that should be expected). Ritsu never viewed that as a romantic relationship, it all just happened suddenly and then the chapter ended before she could properly respond. She just wants to know more about her sister. Having said that, this chapter felt like an ending if we ignore her situation with her sister. I wonder where it'll go from here since there's likely more depth to that part of the story (if the Mangaka wants to delve into it).

last edited at Feb 26, 2023 3:55PM

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Still don't really like the Senpai for stirring up an storm like this in the first place but the way Kyouko and Ritsu made up got me smiling like an idiot. Glad it wasn't an drawn out drama.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

She got rejected twice... Well, yeah. When you go and try to use a fight as an excuse to kiss your crush's sister who already has a girlfriend and hope she'll choose you... It's hardly surprising that with a personality like that, she's still single.

I'm glad Ritsu and Kyouko made up, because good things happening on the positive side is the best, but also that the senpai is, hopefully, out of the picture. Being nice and helping them make up with each other doesn't erase that her actions in the previous chapter were wrong.

Kyouko is such a sweetheart to have let things go like that and to have made up, and even forgiven her senpai. I hope Ritsu will learn to cherish her gem of a girlfriend more.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Is it wrong that I don't feel bad for Makoto like at all? The only reason she wanted Ritsu in the first place was as a substitute for Rtisu's sister. So like she didn't have any genuine feelings for Ritsu at all. I mean yay she got these two useless GFs back together but at the same time she was the entire reason they were fighting in the first place so her doing a good deed really meant nothing tbh.

I really love Kyouko her outlook about everything is just so chipper and Ritsu clearly loves her gonna be interesting to see what gets between these two next.

joined Jul 29, 2022

Serously i fell bad for makoto that Akane rejected her I want to know more about Akane and others thing

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

Is it wrong that I don't feel bad for Makoto like at all? The only reason she wanted Ritsu in the first place was as a substitute for Rtisu's sister. So like she didn't have any genuine feelings for Ritsu at all. I mean yay she got these two useless GFs back together but at the same time she was the entire reason they were fighting in the first place so her doing a good deed really meant nothing tbh.

I really love Kyouko her outlook about everything is just so chipper and Ritsu clearly loves her gonna be interesting to see what gets between these two next.

You are 100% right, Makoto was still pretty much a stranger to both, having just met the sister of her romantic interest, lol. In the end, she added nothing to the manga and story. Would've been better to let her cook for some chapters then use her as the one dimensional, disposable character that she is.

I do not mind what the author did but the how and when just sucked. Atleast this didn't drag on at all. Might aswell read for a bit longer even with how unsatisfactory the past 2 chapters were.

joined May 3, 2014

You are 100% right, Makoto was still pretty much a stranger to both, having just met the sister of her romantic interest, lol. In the end, she added nothing to the manga and story. Would've been better to let her cook for some chapters then use her as the one dimensional, disposable character that she is.

I do not mind what the author did but the how and when just sucked. Atleast this didn't drag on at all. Might aswell read for a bit longer even with how unsatisfactory the past 2 chapters were.

yap this is how I feel about her as well, good god damn riddence!!! coudn’t care less way Makoto was dumped probably because she deserve it !!

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Mercifully, this author resolved the Makoto conflict in 1 chapter instead of dragging it out to 10

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 6:30AM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

The writing in this manga is very strange lol or many I’m just not used to it

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

stellar stellar

joined Feb 10, 2022

I think I'll reread this

last edited at Mar 2, 2023 1:53AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The writing in this manga is very strange lol or many I’m just not used to it

Strange writing and also every character is weirdly annoying in my opinion. I like the art style, and I want to like the series but I'm unfortunately having a hard time enjoying it.

last edited at Mar 1, 2023 10:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.