Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Man, when Watamote's over sure as hell it will also be emotional like this.

Sawyerboredsquarebkgdoutline250
joined Nov 14, 2018

It's all over now... ;—; I'll really miss this one; I've been reading this throughout high school, college, university, and now post-graduation, which is so crazy to consider... I will always want more of them </3

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 1:07AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

A very soft series, thanks for the translation!

joined Oct 13, 2014

no kiss but for the first time i feel like it rally didnt need it. gonna miss them T-T

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I'm happy and sad after reading this for all these years. I don't even know what to comment, but I feel like I should at least say thanks to everyone involved in this amazing manga, so again thank you.

joined Jul 21, 2021

wow I have to be the first to comment it?
...and they were roommates

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No, you are not the first—far from it.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 6:55AM

joined Jan 11, 2022

Thank you to everyone whose effort kept this long series translated for the past decade, right to the end

+9001

So many wonderful stories have been ending recently, it makes me sad but immensely grateful. You scanlators rock!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

lol- neither first nor are they 'just roommates' the amount they love each other is incredible and made constantly obvious especially in the last few volumes. And miss sunflower asking Matsuri to live with her is actually the same as asking her to marry! I mean for this character, it couldnt be a bigger deal!

The same situation or comment has vastly different meanings depending of circumstance and who says it- you dont know that basic fact right? Only somebody who has never read this series- or did so with no understanding of the characters, could think they were just gonna be roomies and it meant nothing beyond like a regular roomies situation.

Asking her that was WAAY more meaningful than a kiss would have been!

@XadarxBlack You couldnt be more wrong- nor more foolish to relate your friends to Miss sunflower and Matsuri. The same situation is utterly different here. You don't understand them at all.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 8:58AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was wonderful. Great at humor, great at drama. From everything I saw, I think it was the best and only work that depicted developing feelings between a teenager and an adult in a non grooming way. I was hoping twenty five twenty two would do that too, but it didn't. Thank you to everyone involved in the translation/edition of this. So was 'Sunflower' a real nickname or they just used so we could identify the characters??

Yes, miss sunflower was the nickname of Shiori AND the last owner of the store- everybody called her it for the entire series. The last 2 women to own the store both became known that because the book store is called 'the sunflower bookery'. It makes sense all the customers who don't know their first names would come to call them 'miss sunflower' and then that nickname would spread to their friends.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

An actual decade of the cycle of me finding, fawning over, then forgetting and then falling in love again with this manga has ended... and what a finish! Roommate ending wasn't what I was expecting but I'm pretty fine with the ending (and finally knowing Miss Sunflower's real name was a bonus). Thank you to all the TLs and scanlators who provided us Miss Sunflower. Hope the author have a nice rest and definitely looking forward to another fluff.

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

A big thank you to everyone who was involved in scanlating this wonderful series. I'm going to miss it.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Oh thank you thank you thank you. It has been so special. And it didn’t end on an ambiguous note. I’m so happy! And sad.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

That was wonderful. Great at humor, great at drama. From everything I saw, I think it was the best and only work that depicted developing feelings between a teenager and an adult in a non grooming way. I was hoping twenty five twenty two would do that too, but it didn't. Thank you to everyone involved in the translation/edition of this. So was 'Sunflower' a real nickname or they just used so we could identify the characters??

Yes, miss sunflower was the nickname of Shiori AND the last owner of the store- everybody called her it for the entire series. The last 2 women to own the store both became known that because the book store is called 'the sunflower bookery'. It makes sense all the customers who don't know their first names would come to call them 'miss sunflower' and then that nickname would spread to their friends.

I got the impression that before the two women who owned the store, that the late Miss Sunflower's grandfather might have been the OG "Mr. Sunflower" before them, as the sole proprietor of the Sunflower Bookery in the period after his wife presumably passed away, and Miss Sunflower taking over for him. Or perhaps his wife was the "Miss Sunflower" based on the fact that she seems to be the original owner of that duster.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 4:50PM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I got the impression that before the two women who owned the store, that the late Miss Sunflower's grandfather might have been the OG "Mr. Sunflower" before them, as the sole proprietor of the Sunflower Bookery in the period after his wife presumably passed away, and Miss Sunflower taking over for him. Or perhaps his wife was the "Miss Sunflower" based on the fact that she seems to be the original owner of that duster.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch106#15
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch106#16

Machida-san says that the first people to own the store, a married couple, were known as "Mr. and Mrs. Sunflower." It's seems obvious that when their granddaughter inherited the store, she became "Miss Sunflower." And then it was passed down to our Miss Sunflower.

Makes me wonder if, in the future, people will know the bookery as the home of Ms. and Mrs. Sunflower~

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 5:05PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Makes me wonder if, in the future, people will know the bookery as the home of Ms. and Mrs. Sunflower~

Seems like the obvious implication to me, considering the story going out of its way to compare Miss Sunflower and Matsuri to the original couple that ran the store.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Wow, it's over. How many years has it been? It was a lovely and very fitting ending. I'm going to miss this one.

joined Oct 16, 2013

On page 192 of the last chapter, is Ami turning down some guy right in front of Nanako?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

On page 192 of the last chapter, is Ami turning down some guy right in front of Nanako?

That's the guy from ch.99. Probably meant to be teasing her about something.

Frog
joined Oct 14, 2020

What now?

Mehsmoke2
joined Jun 24, 2013

Damn, I've been crying for the past few chapters, but knowing it's over makes me want to cry some more.
It's been over 10 years now, enough time for me to graduate high school and then university but seeing Matsuri graduate made me way more emotional than those two combined.
Really goes to show how a beautiful story can touch you.
I wish the author, Matsuri, Miss Sunflower and all the other characters only the best.

G_Xgtjus-yzxgtmkx
joined Oct 9, 2022

Oh boy it's really the end huh?

joined Feb 1, 2021

It's a little sad to say goodbye to something that's been quietly amazing in its own low-key way for years now. But I'm glad we got to spend so much time with these characters.

joined Apr 1, 2014

They didn’t fuck after over one hundred chapters. 4 / 10 nice art.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They didn’t fuck after over one hundred chapters. 4 / 10 nice art.

What fool ever thought they would “fuck”?

To reply you must either login or sign up.