Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Get your princess.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Did Aya just get friendzoned?

She did. And that’s why her face screams “IS THIS BITCH FOR REAL?” at the end of the chapter

Also, the “once you’ve heard it, you’ll crave for more” just screams that she wants more to this relationship imo.

A breakdown nobody asked for, to make my point clear:

(1) Music can be so cruel
-> Music is what links the two of them. It’s what hurt her on Chapter 18 (“This is the first time my beloved music is trying to kill me”). To me it serves as a representative to their relationship.
Music is what has been guiding her relationship with her crush. It’s what nade her find out she was deceived and is what made her dumbstruck when hearing Mitsuki perform. (Call it a ‘kyaaa’ moment if you wanna see it through that lens)

(2) because once you’ve heard it
-> Now that Mitsuki is addressing the issue upfront, now that her (former?) crush wants to make amends, now that “Onii-san” is seeking for forgiveness. Now that music finally served as a way to comfort her (regarding her crush) once again, instead of bringing the pain it did on the 18th chapter

(3) you’ll crave for more.
-> She wants more of this music. She wants to be close to her (former?) crush. The music represents them, she wants more to it.

Imo you don’t show a character absolutely at a loss for words and say “you’ll crave for more”, specially given the context (so far Aya has been attracted to Mitsuki — in her job persona —, and we haven’t got any confirmation that she is over it now that she knows it’s a girl)

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 12:45PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

About time! :D

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Will you be my roommate

joined Mar 23, 2022

fucking finally!
I kinda expected a lot from her song or you know I thought she will pull some dramatic confession of a lyrics but Well it's still good, I guess being a friend is a good start. also when she said " she will crave for more" my mind went from straight west to south gay.*v*
friend >>>>girlfriend letssss gooo.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

People keep talking about her being friend zoned not realizing that they don't know each other yet to be lovers. Do people really think 2 characters that spent days trying to figure out how they feel for each other would suddenly just start dating?

joined Dec 30, 2018

Ah yes Radiohead im sure nobody else knows who they are

Jokes aside im loving this series so much

On one side i want it to end already and on the other i know I'll be saf once it ends

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Just noticed she blushed straight through to her ears. The universal manga sign of FEELINGS. YEARNING.

Momose%20nice
joined Aug 7, 2022

Welp, we're in for the long haul.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

And just like that, boom they're married

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Okay well it's a first step I guess...

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Time for the historian arc.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Did Aya just get friendzoned?

To be fair Mitsuki is basically an introvert with little to no friends who has probably never had actual feelings for someone. Even though she clearly does for Aya or she wouldn't have went through everything she has just to finally explain everything to her. They weren't even actual friends before all of this went down so they start from there and let their relationship grow. I think this is going to be one of those things where Aya who is very clear of her feelings is going to have a hard time being around Mitsuki who is more on the clueless side and will be for a bit. But every good relationship gotta start somewhere.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

I'm crying holy shit

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

It seemed pretty obvious that Aya is and will continue to be aware of her feelings more than Mistuki. It's ok Mitsuki, take your time figuring out the gay.

I want Aya to be do blatantly obvious about her still having a crush on Mitsuki that we get to see gloomy girl panicking.

joined Feb 4, 2019

I instinctually facepalmed really hard and hurt my forehead a lil bit but then realised WAIT THAT MEANS MORE OF THIS AND NOW WE GET TO SAVOUR A DELICIOUS SLOW BURN AND THAT'S THE IMPORTANT THING.

Gonna just enjoy the one-sided pining on Aya's part tho cuz she's obvs more self-aware!

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

"I'm a creep" has never been more ironically used!

joined Jan 10, 2022

I wonder if it is 'Creep' Mitsuki played since chord is simple and can be played solo?That will be nice, I suggested the song before hahaha

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Y'all get panicky too much. Koga doesn't have a concept of love yet and is really socially awkward.

While on the flip we just watched someone's full blown gay awakening lol

This whole series has just been a gyaru’s gay awakening. We love to see it.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Also she 100% played Creep lmao

"I can't look you in the eye. You're just like an angel."

Bold move to play Creep to your crush. Been waiting for the radiohead appearance!

She could be playing anything from guitar era radiohead, or even a bunch off of in rainbows. Heck, even the I Might Be Wrong live set. Particularly since it doesn't appear to be a love song.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 11:45AM

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Friendzoned...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Still don't get the appeal of Radiohead. I think they're pretty mid, tbh.

And now Aya walks through the valley of the shadow of friendzone. That one dude is going to be slamming his head into a concrete pillar repeatedly when he hears what an idiot Mitsuki is.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

"CAUSE I'M A CREEP"

"omg she's so dreamy"

Yeah I dunno if she just wants to be "friends", hun. It's okay. Y'all will get there in the end.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

The art continues to impress in this series. Check our her eyes in the last panel!

Nauticalstar
joined Sep 25, 2022

Yes! This series is soo lovely, art and story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.