Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

By the last panel Xiaoen is sympathetically crying. I love the little touches in this story. The rereading bonus for this chapter is the peach magnet from chapter 8 losing the black magnet (pit) on its back when it fell during Xingyuan's intrusive negative thoughts (pg 4-5).

ChikyuuNeko posted:
Xingyuan feels hurt by seeing Xiaoen not just because of her repressed sexuality, but also (and I'd argue primarily) because seeing her move so smoothly through her own world makes Xingyuan feel all the more removed from it, she's awkward and uncomfortable with this world, she doesn't know or trust it and yet she still desires the person seemingly at its core, making her feel guilty and inadequate, further increasing the sense of distance to a person she wants to be close to.

Great catch. Xiaoen isn't running from her past in the same way, but given what we've now seen her reasons for losing motivation will likely reveal another set of contrasts. "Take what comes to you and don't go after what leaves" is a mantra that Xiaoen has used, and the antithesis of Xingyuan being unwilling to hold onto what she finds and unable to let go of what she left .

last edited at Oct 19, 2022 10:06PM

joined Nov 27, 2016

Just realized Xingyuan has a little planet tattoo on the back of her neck that sorta matches the other girls fingernails

last edited at Oct 19, 2022 10:05PM

Pfp6
joined Jun 8, 2022

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Xingyuan crossed the line that separated them

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

Xingyuan crossed the line that separated them

Also noticed how Xingyuan is stepping out of the shadow into the light with Xiaoen.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Maybe with this helping hand she'll be able to steady herself and manage her panic a little better. It definitely helps to know you're not alone.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Yep, this is still probably my favorite Manhua right now, each chapter keeps getting better T_T

Yep, this is still probably my favorite Manhua right now, each chapter keeps getting better T_T

This is literally the best story I've read this year, and maybe even one of the best in my entire life so far. I would straight up get a tattoo of a scene out of this series (and may eventually do so). Does anyone know a way to donate to the author for her work? Best I could find was a broken link to Bilibili on her twitter, and I'd rather give to her directly rather than a company anyways.

As for the chapter itself, my birthday is tomorrow, and I am soooo choosing to think of it as an early birthday present!! That hug was everything, and when I realized they were sharing earphones, I let out a large lesbian goose honk noise.

joined Apr 16, 2022

What really elevates this manhua to the next level is how the art -- aside from just being fantastic on a technical level -- is used to demonstrate the characters' emotions and development. For example, a lesser series would have Xingyuan exposit about how she fell in love with Xiaoen at first sight or whatever. This series gets across that idea with one image, that full-body shot of Xiaoen in chapter 8. We don't need her to tell us how she feels because the art shows us.

What's even more impressive, though, is how the art changes in accordance with the characters' changing mental states. There's a similar full-body shot of Xiaoen in this chapter, but it's qualitatively different from the earlier one. I can't put my finger on how, but this one is much hornier, and it shows how Xingyuan's crush has grown into full sexual desire.

I can't say this is the best story I've read this year since Subtraction Tautology exists, but it's probably the most artistically impressive story I've read this year.

last edited at Oct 21, 2022 10:33AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

It's been said before that this manhua is very cinematic and I honestly feel like it would make such a good movie. If I was rich I'd totally fund that :D

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's been said before that this manhua is very cinematic and I honestly feel like it would make such a good movie.

Afaic I have no doubts anymore that Tracy Hu pictures the story in her mind like a movie then draws it the way she would film it—with special attention to camera angles and narrative rhythm, in gorgeous watercolor-like art with amazing effects of light and shadow.

She even inserts THE SOUNDTRACK OF THE MOVIE between panels, for chrissake! (☉̃ₒ☉)

joined Sep 12, 2021

This is my favorite chapter in the story now

Y'all, it's my b-day, and if everything goes okay, I'm getting a tattoo based on this series—something tiny since it's my first. Should I get Shi's planet, or a peach?! Other suggestions welcome!!

joined Jul 6, 2020

Y'all, it's my b-day, and if everything goes okay, I'm getting a tattoo based on this series—something tiny since it's my first. Should I get Shi's planet, or a peach?! Other suggestions welcome!!

I feel like a peach would be the most fitting, but of course do whatever you want it’s your body

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

I feel like a peach would be the most fitting, but of course do whatever you want it’s your body

Happy birthday! I also think a peach would be the most fitting to represent the series and would look really good too, I personally would do it on my wrist (something like this: https://cdntattoofilter.com/tattoo/355056/l.jpg ). but tbh I'm such a sucker for the universe stuff that I might actually get the lil planet on my ankle at some point (like this one https://tatuagem.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/tatuagem-de-saturno-25-768x1024.jpg )

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 5:35PM

Happy birthday! I also think a peach would be the most fitting to represent the series and would look really good too, I personally would do it on my wrist (something like this: https://cdntattoofilter.com/tattoo/355056/l.jpg ). but tbh I'm such a sucker for the universe stuff that I might actually get the lil planet on my ankle at some point (like this one https://tatuagem.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/tatuagem-de-saturno-25-768x1024.jpg )

@Cornonthekopp @Barelo

Thank you guys for your suggestions, and apologies for getting back to you so late—I ended up in the ER literally right after I got my tattoo because my little brother is passing his first kidney stone. What a night!!

As for the tattoo, I took you guys' peach idea and added a saturn ring around it!! It's just the outline now, but when it's finished, I want it to be in water color style to pay even further tribute to this excellent series. If anyone wants a picture of it, let me know! Thanks for the suggestions, I friggin love it!!!

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

By the last panel Xiaoen is sympathetically crying. I love the little touches in this story. The rereading bonus for this chapter is the peach magnet from chapter 8 losing the black magnet (pit) on its back when it fell during Xingyuan's intrusive negative thoughts (pg 4-5).

It was ref magnet! I kept thinking where the hell it came from or if it was just some visual symbolism and not an actual physical object there, like the light bulbs that goes off in people's heads in anime (which totally wouldn't fit the manhwa's style at all). Goodness

joined Apr 16, 2022

Xiaoen is only 26 yet she already understands that the drive to maximize short-term profit often ends up undermining the potential for long-term growth.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Xiaoen chasing off the guy with the stick is iconic and smart

The Little Prince is one of my favorite stories. Since Xingyuan prefers foxes over roses, it seems she won't have to worry too much about 'helpful' snakes wanting to get her back to her original planet.

Also, I think this just became my new favorite chapter? It's so introspective on so many different subjects, and is just beautiful through and through.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Tossing the bike to the side, throwing off the flipflops, grabbing a stick. I feel like we need some Dark Souls boss music for this chapter haha

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

Need more women chasing off men with big sticks......

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

"Peachtown" sounds like an animal crossing save name

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Resisting the urge to reference Stardew Valley...

To reply you must either login or sign up.