Forum › The Big Stepsis Who Wants to Be a Big Sister vs. The Little Stepsis Who Wants to Be Yuri discussion

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Now this is something I like

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Not a fan of Pseudo-incest setups, but this one has good comedy potential.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Heh, the premise of this reminds me of an argument I had a while back with someone who thinks relationships between step siblings are wrong regardless of the context around the relationship. This premise was basically a "what if" example I came up with and they still considered it wrong.

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 2:15PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

i'm not gonna expect any kind of elaborate depth form a manga that gets its whole premise and setup done in a single page but i'm def down with the shenanigans that are undoubtedly gonna ensue :D

Side note: Who tf names their daughter kafka

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 2:18PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

this can only end in tears

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

A Final Fantasy VI fan with Dyslexia?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

That got a good chuckle out of me, thanks for that xD

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

You're very welcome. Any day my stupid sense humor can make someone laugh is a good day.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Btw, if there's anyone around here who obsessively saves RAWs of Comic Pixiv series and happened to download the RAWs for chapter 4 before it went out of circulation (or whatever you call it when time-limited web chapters go offline), do let us know.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I expect their relationship will undergo some type of metamorphosis

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

At the risk of looking like Gogo the Mime, I follow Giftnova's lead and chuckle as well.

The last time I read about a main character being named after Kafka, it was Kafuka Fuura (Akagi An) from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. If this ends up being a third of the mindfuck that turned out to be in the end, we're in trouble. Authors don't go around naming characters after that man, willynilly.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Why are good stuffs always so short

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Heh, the premise of this reminds me of an argument I had a while back with someone who thinks relationships between step siblings are wrong regardless of the context around the relationship. This premise was basically a "what if" example I came up with and they still considered it wrong.

“Incest” is a pretty fuzzily defined term, it’s interesting how different people have totally different interpretations of it — personally I would only say step siblings counts as incest if they’ve been living together since a young age. On the converse this also means I would also count many things other people wouldn’t as incest, such as Catra x Adora (since they share parental figures and lived together from a young age).

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

“Incest” is a pretty fuzzily defined term, it’s interesting how different people have totally different interpretations of it — personally I would only say step siblings counts as incest if they’ve been living together since a young age. On the converse this also means I would also count many things other people wouldn’t as incest, such as Catra x Adora (since they share parental figures and lived together from a young age).

Oh absolutely, when it comes to non blood related siblings it's entirely up to personal opinion. I just take issue with someone like before who just universally considers it all wrong with no regard whatsoever for the context around it.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

So this is basically Citrus but if stuff actually happened. Got it.

joined Apr 16, 2022

You should've asked them what if two (unrelated) people get married, and then their parents get married afterwards. Are they now morally required to divorce?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

My personal take is: we should make the definition as wide as possible! If there's even a slim chance of it, then it's incest. Let's make everything and their uncle incestuous!

This, of course, because of the kinky taboo associated with incest. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) The more taboo and forbidden a relationship, the better! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

You should've asked them what if two (unrelated) people get married, and then their parents get married afterwards. Are they now morally required to divorce?

I'd rather not find myself in that type of argument again, but if I do I'll keep this example in mind.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

My personal take is: we should make the definition as wide as possible! If there's even a slim chance of it, then it's incest. Let's make everything and their uncle incestuous!

This, of course, because of the kinky taboo associated with incest. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) The more taboo and forbidden a relationship, the better! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

You made me recall a girl in a French series who had a huge crush on her cousin who was a studly, hunky pastry chef. She told her bestie about her feelings for her cousin, and then went into a big dramatic spiel about the societal taboo on incest and how she didn't care about it: even if the powers that be wanted to quash her forbidden love, she was going to fight the system and win! Love would triumph in the end!

Bestie: "You know, here in France cousins can marry. You know, right? It's 100% legal!"
MC: (covering her ears) "It's forbidden love!"
Bestie: "No, but listen, everyone's okay with it and..."
MC: "IT'S FORBIDDEN LOVE!"

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Honestly, my stance on incest is that it's fine as long as there's not a significant age gap involved (like a parent/child situation) at which point it would also be pedophilia and thus actually a problem. But like, incest between siblings or cousins or whatever doesn't really bother me inherently; at that point it's just down to whether or not the actual relationship dynamics are healthy, just like any other couple. Thus why I really dislike Mei and Yuzu from Citrus, but some of the like, actually biologically related sibling ships out there don't bother me in the slightest, because the way they're actually written is healthy and wholesome.

Anyway, that whole discussion aside, this seems pretty fun. Part of me is kinda hoping that at some point it'll progress past this initial round of misunderstandings and develop the actual relationship, because Shio's sort of like, oppositional mindset and evident inferiority complex feels like it could go from funny to kinda grating if it gets dragged out too long, but at least at the moment I'm enjoying seeing this play out.

Kafka's definitely an interesting name for the other girl. Makes me think of Kafka from Arknights, though personality-wise she's very very different.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

What a kafkaesk name lol.
Really not a fan of anything to do with incest, but the premise is kind of funny.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hahaha it really is like "Oh man, I want to do something like citrus but I don't want drama or anything complicated, just the cute things" and you know? I dig it

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Waiting for that idiot couple tag to show up one day. I'm digging this so much. I love these types of misunderstanding set ups and the pseudo incest is just the cherry on top!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Everyone out here having a serious convo about incest.. I just wanted to come and say this is cute and I def want more of the awkwardness between these two as one thinks the other is looking down on them while the other is trying to woo her lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.