Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I think Yuzu is being portrayed as someone who isn't super self-aware about her feelings. I think she does love Minami, but she's basically already in "life partners" mode and so hasn't had the romantic awakening that Minami has. That's why she seems so unaware about "couple stuff." But the end of the chapter implies that might be changing a little.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I hate the cliché scene "confession interrupted". aaAAAAA just, I don't know, think of something new but really, every time this happens in a manga is like, okey, you could perfectly do it like in 5 minutes after the interruption ends. And don't use the "moment" excuse because if you're going to confess, that doesn't matter so much. If the other person likes you, likes you, if no, no. I'm sorry, but it's true. And it's sad but a good atmosphere doesn't change that.

joined Aug 29, 2019

the greatest Yuri opus to date (fite me)

Counterpoint: Madoka Magica

Hmm... I mean I really liked it, but it didn't nearly reach that level for me. I was watching it less as Yuri and more as Maho Shojo though and I haven't watched the movies (or read the Manga adaptation), only the original TV Anime.

For some reason I actually didn't read YagaKimi until quite late, I think well into 2020 or maybe it was even 2021. I prefer ロンガル because it gives me more diabetes, though. I'm a sucker for low-drama wholesome gays. I see where you're coming from now, at least. The variety of human perspective sure is interesting~

That makes complete sense to me. I'm a sucker for drama, sometimes YagaKimi style where you're kinda suffering with the characters and are pining for a happy ending, other times Warikan style where I beam with glee as the characters' awful actions and attributes come back to bite them in the ass and make them miserable.

Still, I get the appeal of wholesome, low-drama series. I'd probably count Beauty and the Beast Girl as part of that category, which I like almost as much as YagaKimi.

Too bad ロンガル seems to be ending so soon.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to what these two dorks here are gonna do next month.

joined Apr 14, 2022

I was watching it less as Yuri and more as Maho Shojo though and I haven't watched the movies

The yuri is definitely secondary in Madoka, it's no romance story, but even with that it's still so perfect in every regard I can't not consider it a magnum opus. I'd strongly recommend watching the movie if you get a chance, it's super good and really elevated the level of gayness too~

Too bad ロンガル seems to be ending so soon.

The good die young T_T

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to what these two dorks here are gonna do next month.

To redeem this chapter, I'm going to need some best friend kisses, at minimum. Just besties being besties, you know, totally normal.

joined Aug 29, 2019

To redeem this chapter, I'm going to need some best friend kisses, at minimum. Just besties being besties, you know, totally normal.

Yes, just normal, naturally.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

This story makes my heart feel so fluffy

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

why chapter 5 got chapter 4 in it?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Uh yeah, Chapter 5 got replaced with chapter 4. I'mma ask in the feedback thread and maybe on discord.

joined Aug 26, 2022

Rip.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Heh next chap seems fun

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

She said "interested", a misunderstanding

wholesomereader39
joined Jul 11, 2022

Yuzu probably has a normal explanation for her answer, but it had to be a cliffhanger for the impact.

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Yuzu probably has a normal explanation for her answer, but it had to be a cliffhanger for the impact.

Wouldn’t this just be a white knuckle twist though? I want a struggle like this, but at the same time I don’t know if I can handle it.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Tatsumi went from being a sixth wheel to being a potential love rival.

My bet is that Yuzu, dense as she is, didn't think about it romantically and the follow-up will be "she's the one in our group I know the least about".

Tatsumi should get a girl tho. She's supporting 4 dumb lesbians. She deserves it.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 12:55AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Do not worry, the Council of Gay is here to help you with your Gay

joined Apr 26, 2022

I smell drama and love triangle incoming.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I want to see a direction where Yuzu's interest isn't clarified to MC.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I do like how well the author is writing Yuzu's lines so they could be interpreted either way. They're just flirty enough to be suspicious, but not flirty enough to be definitely not just friends.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

Tatsumi went from being a sixth wheel to being a potential love rival.

My bet is that Yuzu, dense as she is, didn't think about it romantically and the follow-up will be "she's the one in our group I know the least about".

Tatsumi should get a girl tho. She's supporting 4 dumb lesbians. She deserves it.

facts, everything you said

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Cheap emotion pulling from the author here leaves a horrible after-taste in my mouth. At the start, I was enjoying this alongside 'I Was Rejected In A Dream?!', then the red flags happened. The story seems to me like it's kicking its foot into a brick wall for no reason, against it's own initial tones for no reason.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 3:57AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Wake me up when best girl Tatsumi get a love interest.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Cheap emotion pulling from the author here leaves a horrible after-taste in my mouth. At the start, I was enjoying this alongside 'I Was Rejected In A Dream?!', then the red flags happened. The story is kicking its foot into a brick wall for no reason, against it's own initial tones for no reason.

Mind elaborating on that? Oh, and I seriously mean it, I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm personally not sure how I feel about this manga yet.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

hm?

joined Aug 6, 2021

Knowing her she probably meant that she just finds her interesting. This feels like a bunch of unnecessary conflict

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Poor Minami is just on a daily emotional roller coaster already then Yuzu keeps throwing curveballs like this

To reply you must either login or sign up.