joined Apr 4, 2014

I'm so impatient it seems like it's back to the beginning aahhhhhh

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Love me some Aya angst.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I have experienced being catfished by association (my friend was the one being deceived by her own roommate, I was introduced too). I know the anger of being deceived. I also tried pretending to be someone else so I can talk an old friend again. That friend knew all along that is was me. Both situation didn’t yield any good outcome. A lot of problems can be solved by being true to ourselves but where do we get the courage to come out? Can we find in ourselves to forgive and be forgiven?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

To be exact she used the term 愛情 which can mean love/affection. It contains the kanji for romantic love and the kanji for feelings. Since she opposes it to Yuri and in the same sentence talks about struggling in her sexuality in the past, I think she means that /in that specific manga/ she doesn't want to write a yuri romance, like, say, Hana ni Harashi, but about feelings of attraction/affection between girls. Ie, the confusion of feelings of a girl who's attracted to another girl but can't put a name on it.

Which means they may not become a couple and date, but may come to acknowledge their mutual attraction. And that will be the end of the manga

I'll just quote myself. Just in case. I think it's still valid.

In the meantime we had the "5 years later" page, so they may be dating in the future.

But I think the author won't prolong the main story beyond acknowledgement of their feelings. It'd become a slice of life and she doesn't necessarily want to write that. That's not her style.

joined Nov 9, 2019

The girl she thought was a guy works at a CD store...
A CD store... I'm so mad at how funny I find what almost certainly wasn't even an intentional joke. And that it didn't even hit me until this far in the story.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

I predict that Mitsuki and Jerkface will be doing committee work alone since Aya won’t be helping out anymore. Jerkface will ask why doesn’t she just tell Aya who she really is and we get a trauma backstory on Mitsuki’s insecurity of why she doesn’t feel like she can stand next to/confront Aya.

Bonus prediction: Mitsuki’s insecurities maybe come from the “childhood friend” we have yet to see, but that’s just my stab in the dark shrug

I kinda hope not and that she is just socially insecure and really introverted. Every time we get a situation like this, it always ends up with a dramatic backstory and childhood trauma involved - for once, I wish it was just a person's natural inclinations to be the cause instead of some freudian excuse.

I feel that. I guess I am in the opposition because I always find it interesting to see how characters will work through their issues/trauma and seeing them come out a better person because of it. That's just me wanting Mitsuki's internal issues to boil over and we get some more backstory on why she is the way she is.

But, re-reading the story again it seems that Mitsuki is socially insecure because the big thing is that she "doesn't want to stand out/have attention" on her. Mitsuki probably finds it socially draining, but when she was sick and alone in chapter 11. Her loneliness hits her hard all of a sudden because no one was there to take care of her. She doesn't have ANY close friends and the only relative that seems to truly care for her is her uncle.

Anyways, I get excited at the thought of Mitsuki and Aya (hopefully) working and talking through this awkward and frustrating stage they are in right now. Because they will pull out the best/true parts of themselves by being together, whether that be platonically or romantically.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

"Hey, that's the name of the series!"

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Calling it right now.

Aya is going to leave the committee and then get surprised during the cultural festival when Mistuki is on stage playing for her.

Bonus points if in the mean time Mistuki figures out what happened, but instead of reaching out to Aya like a good communicator(she's still a teen after all) she gets roped into going in stage by our favorite 'cool' guy.

Edit: Because our 'cool' guy seems like the type to take advice from fiction, and a big gesture like that is definitely something a cool guy in a movie would do and Mitsuki is a cool 'guy' so it makes perfect sense.

It's going to be so good. Ugh, I can't wait.

my money is on this comment ya'll! great detective work officer kiramman!

count me in on this too! Angsty Aya needs to be taken care of.

last edited at Sep 26, 2022 10:13PM

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

I have experienced being catfished by association (my friend was the one being deceived by her own roommate, I was introduced too). I know the anger of being deceived. I also tried pretending to be someone else so I can talk an old friend again. That friend knew all along that is was me. Both situation didn’t yield any good outcome. A lot of problems can be solved by being true to ourselves but where do we get the courage to come out? Can we find in ourselves to forgive and be forgiven?

This sort of thing is why I argue that while people have a right to safe places and their insecurities, we do not have a right to deceive and harm others to preserve that safe space or insecurity. This doesn't mean to condemn someone for doing so as such a response simply causes more harm, but this doesn't negate responsibility either nor saying what needs said even if it hurts.

I'm hoping that Mitsuki is the one to take the first step here, even if Semi-Jerkface* has to push her. Or at least if directly confronted doesn't still try to keep up the facade.

*I hope he gets a name at some point.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 12:12AM

394aa9da-06fd-4498-8303-13981e472a30
joined Sep 14, 2022

Hi! I wanted to find the music playlist this comic had but it got lost in between the threads and past discussions. Could anybody to that has it repost the link? Thank you in advance! :D

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Hi! I wanted to find the music playlist this comic had but it got lost in between the threads and past discussions. Could anybody to that has it repost the link? Thank you in advance! :D

You mean the fan-made one? There you go: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gOJ3LlDjf2OmZgzYURVZs?si=MdeHAT2qRzqa1PQEVnBhww

Musics, artists and albums mentioned so far.

A CD store... I'm so mad at how funny I find what almost certainly wasn't even an intentional joke. And that it didn't even hit me until this far in the story.

Care the explain the joke? I am confused.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 2:08AM

joined Jul 8, 2016

You mean the fan-made one? There you go: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gOJ3LlDjf2OmZgzYURVZs?si=MdeHAT2qRzqa1PQEVnBhww

Musics, artists and albums mentioned so far.

CD in this instance would stand for Cross Dressing/Dresser. It's funny because the CD store is being manned by a CD.

Also CD's nutz.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 2:24AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Roll Credits

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Roll Credits

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

You guys took this series way more serious than you should

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

CD in this instance would stand for Cross Dressing/Dresser. It's funny because the CD store is being manned by a CD.

Also CD's nutz.

If Mitsuki is a “crossdresser,” I personally know dozens of female-identified “crossdressers” who wear jeans, band/other merch T-shirts and Docs or Converse.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah, calling Mitsuki a cross-dresser might be going a bit far (^^) She's certainly not making any conscious effort to pass herself as a man, it's just how she dresses casually. Aya mistaking her for a man is more a case of her being young and in love and not all that observant than anything else IMO.

last edited at Sep 29, 2022 10:14AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Message from the author on Twitter:

The author is also moving right now and will be absent this week. The two of them have been having a lot of fuzzy feelings lately, but I'm really glad you're still reading. Thank you for everything, I love you all a lot!!

Also, the muffled speech is because of the toast. It was in the original too.

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 3:45AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Kirin-kun, just what the heck was Mitsuki supposed to be saying with that toast on her mouth??
Thanks for the quick update, as always.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kirin-kun, just what the heck was Mitsuki supposed to be saying with that toast on her mouth??

I'm not Kirin-kun, but my guess is "Want me to take over?"

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

"Want me to take over?"

OneEyedOthinus
Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

Also CD's nutz.

If Mitsuki is a “crossdresser,” I personally know dozens of female-identified “crossdressers” who wear jeans, band/other merch T-shirts and Docs or Converse.

Yeah, I wouldn't really call Jeans, Tshirts, and boots "cross dressing."
Hell, that's what I wear most of the time.

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 4:30AM

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I do like how the manga's not even over yet and the author just posts timeskip pictures anyway, like no shit this is where we're going.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Overalls with a sports bra hurray!!

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

no way they platonic in this timeskip if they matchy-matched in overalls, thats commitment

To reply you must either login or sign up.