Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

joined Apr 30, 2022

The real tragedy of this chapter is that it showed Shiho starting to grow out of this during her montage of Grave visits. She starts talking about not stressing over missed notes and having more fun and enjoying spending time with the band. She had decided to stop visiting the grave and living in Kyou's shadow. Then whatever it was between her and Aki happened and that all went away. She found out that Kyou thought her music was the best and started up her new band with everybody else who loved Kyou with the express purpose of being the best and living in the past.
So really there was a lot of character development in the chapter. It was just all erased in the same chapter. At least now we know that if Shiho isn't constantly reminded of Kyou she might eventually become a halfway decent person.

I agree with you. Many people couldn't understand why Shiho hates Aki and Yori just because she couldn't get Aki's love. Shiho got hurt by Kyou deeply in the past. When Shiho tried extremely to exceed Kyou, nobody agreed with her effort or told her to stop. If it were not for Aki gave her a hand, Shiho might be more distorted on that time.

Because of Aki, Shiho was starting to walk out Kyou's shadow. Finally Shiho can have more fun and enjoying spending time on band, she also fall in love with Aki. For Shiho, what makes her let go of the past is she expect her love will come true someday. However, Shiho found out Aki's love wasn't her. That just crush her belief and makes all the effort for walking out Kyou's shadow gone.

For a person who just get hope from a tragedy, the most cruel reality is that hope crumbled to dust, isn't it?

joined Feb 11, 2022

I thought the reveal was going to happen after the band competition, not before. But as other people here already said, the secret was pretty obvious to almost everyone who read the manga (it was hinted around 20 chapters ago and basically confirmed in the Extras of Volume 6), so it will be more interesting this way.

And it makes sense that Himari would be the first person to know about it.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

How many more volumes until this arc wraps itself up? I feel like I started reading one manga, a cutesy couple's life manga about a musician lacking confidence and her kouhai who helps spur her on to move forward with what she loves, but after about a volume or so the mangaka decided to turn it into a completely different one, except sometimes they write a chapter or two or even just a scene for that first manga. I thought the Shiho arc was gonna be like, a volume-long rivalry arc but it's just absolutely taken over this entire series and ruined a lot of the potential. Any time another major character is introduced I'll be rolling my eyes anticipating them taking over the show for several volumes and only giving me the manga I was initially promised once in a blue moon.

I just want the fucking manga that released in volume one back

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

How many more volumes until this arc wraps itself up? I feel like I started reading one manga, a cutesy couple's life manga about a musician lacking confidence and her kouhai who helps spur her on to move forward with what she loves, but after about a volume or so the mangaka decided to turn it into a completely different one, except sometimes they write a chapter or two or even just a scene for that first manga. I thought the Shiho arc was gonna be like, a volume-long rivalry arc but it's just absolutely taken over this entire series and ruined a lot of the potential. Any time another major character is introduced I'll be rolling my eyes anticipating them taking over the show for several volumes and only giving me the manga I was initially promised once in a blue moon.

I just want the fucking manga that released in volume one back

Yeah, kind of agree. I actually feel like the mangaka maybe really intended to write that first manga, only to discover partway in that she has a terrible time coming up with cutesy-couple-relationship material, and so she goes with the other stuff.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

"You can figure out the rest, right?"
"WTF you weren't supposed to figure out the rest!"

joined Mar 23, 2022

ow good the mouse is out of the bag now.
I can't believe hima manage to put the two and two together like bruhhhhh.
now make up you two and just be together since yori was already taken just confess already.

joined Mar 23, 2022

got a feeling she will do a god damn confession after the competition,she better be.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

got a feeling she will do a god damn confession after the competition,she better be.

... well it's literally what their bet is about now, isn't it? If they lose, she will have to.

I'll honestly refrain from commenting about whether this was obvious or not because this manga seems really bad about making me remember the details... maybe it was obvious somewhere near the beginning but there were enough distractions in the meantime that I probably forgot.

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 5:03AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Going off of the comments for awhile now I feel like 1 of maybe...5 people that are still reading this manga and enjoying it haha

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Shiho is being just adorable today.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Going off of the comments for awhile now I feel like 1 of maybe...5 people that are still reading this manga and enjoying it haha

I enjoy it, I just found Shiho's turnaround funny.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I enjoy it, I just found Shiho's turnaround funny.

That's fair. I think for me at least there was a point where I had frustrations, but I've been having fun with it again since the main couple talked out their issues, and various characters have been communicating more. It seems though that a lot of people still aren't liking it, and I just hope by the end of the series they're able to find some enjoyment from it again.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Everyone talking abot the love square, but I see few comments of how Hima finally grew a pair of ovaries and told Shiho to stop badmouthing her GF in front of her, instead of keep playing the "Oh, the misterious and cool and arrogant side character is allowed to freely be rude to everyone with no consequences" trope straight.
It was... distinctly refreshing.

joined Jul 24, 2022

I honestly already knew that shiho would be in love with aki. The way they interacted in the beginning of the manga seemed to easily catch my attention. Not to mention it was hinted during the volume 6 extras.

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 7:56AM

Fb_img_1662167993947
joined Sep 23, 2020

Oho wow, finally its confirmed all of my clues....
Finally thank goddess

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 7:58AM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Me holding the popcorn and seeing the drama unfold finally.
THIS GETTING GOOD

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Everyone talking abot the love square, but I see few comments of how Hima finally grew a pair of ovaries and told Shiho to stop badmouthing her GF in front of her, instead of keep playing the "Oh, the misterious and cool and arrogant side character is allowed to freely be rude to everyone with no consequences" trope straight.

This was the best part about the new chapter. It was getting annoying that she didn't want to talk about her feelings to anyone like COME ON there's someone who's willing to listen to the shit you went through just open up already.

Fb_img_1662167993947
joined Sep 23, 2020

Me holding the popcorn and seeing the drama unfold finally.
THIS GETTING GOOD

Give me some stole the popcorn

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

She actually told her off. Didn't expect that

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She actually told her off. Didn't expect that

And Shiho always backs off when someone stands up to her, she's not that unreasonable.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

erana posted:

This !!!!!!! I loved this a lot, I felt a lot of character growth from Hima and Shiho accepting she's in the wrong, apologizing and explaining things properly too (even the little bit at first where she was just joking).

I warming up to Shiho this time around but I also get the frustration that even in their fucking date, it was all about Shiho... except for maybe 2 pages.

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

the thought of having to read god knows how many chapters to actually get to some semblance of conflict in this manga makes me sick to my stomach but tuning in now (chapter 35), i'm kinda here for it lol

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't know why people are acting like this is some sort of revelation. It was plenty clear Shiho had a thing for a Aki.

But this doesn't change anything. If anything, it shows how pety Shiho is. If she doesn't want to be in the same band as Aki because her feelings aren't returned, that's perfectly reasonable. But going out of her way to be a bitch to Aki, and to Yori who is absolutely blameless in all this, well... I'm sorry but Shiho gets no sympathy from me.

All in all, I agree with the people who are getting tired of this arc. There's nothing interesting about it.

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 3:50PM

joined Aug 3, 2022

I knew it! From the very first time izumi came, i knew she had a thing with aki.

joined Feb 11, 2022

I think people need to understand that, whether we like it or not (I certainly do), Shiho is the most important character in the story. This Arc, which will culminate with the band competition, most likely represents the climax of the entire series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.