Forum › Constable Sakuma and Constable Hanaoka Started Dating discussion

joined Nov 21, 2018

Didn't really expect that people would wanna apply ACAB to other countries. These two are definitely Public Safety though, and unlike their closest American equivalents, they don't make traffic stops or investigate serious crimes, so I highly doubt we're going to get any actual action with lives on the line.

While there is more I could say about the differences between the Japanese police we see here and American beat cops, I don't think any of it is really relevant to the story. I'm gonna sit back and relax while enjoying cute yuri hijinks.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

A fine adition to the "cute girls doing something" subgenre. Hope to see more!

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Part of me would be curious to see this premise handled a tad more seriously, but I can live with a light comedy about cute bubblehead cops too. Happy slice of life stuff with a yuri angle always makes for a fun read in my book, I'll never get tired of that, even if it's not aiming all that high.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 9:12AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Part of me would be curious to see this premise handled a tad more seriously, but I can live with a light comedy about cute bubblehead cops too. Happy slice of life stuff with a yuri angle always makes for a fun read in my book, I'll never get tired of that, even if it's not aiming all that high.

If you're willing to trade off yuri in favor of slightly more seriousness, there's always Police in a Pod, which leans a little more into the "this job is a bit shit innit" aspect of being a koban policewoman.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

If you're willing to trade off yuri in favor of slightly more seriousness, there's always Police in a Pod, which leans a little more into the "this job is a bit shit innit" aspect of being a koban policewoman.

Yuri is non negotiable for me, sorry :P

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Damn those fudging idiots who keep losing wallets in the streets around that police box!

THEY'RE ENEMIES OF YURI!!!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

These two are too much.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Meanwhile as these two go at it ,
on the mean streets of Akihabara , there's been 3 robberies, 2 assaults and a Partridge stuck in a pear tree.

joined Sep 13, 2022

This is great, but I'd recommend using "koban" instead of "police box". "Police box" carries a different connotation from koban, one more mobile...and deep blue.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This is great, but I'd recommend using "koban" instead of "police box". "Police box" carries a different connotation from koban, one more mobile...and deep blue.

I'd like to think most of our readers can tell the difference between a smaller-scale police station and a Tardis.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I'd like to think most of our readers can tell the difference between a smaller-scale police station and a Tardis.

Lol I was about to write something on police boxes not being as spacious as the station where our two constables work... but then I recalled the Tardis is (wait for it) bigger on the inside!

joined Sep 13, 2022

If the Doctor could get the bloody Chameleon Circuit fixed, that would be much more difficult.

The TARDIS part was a joke. It's just that 'police box' and 'koban' are two different concepts (though they do serve some of the same functions).

Police Boxes were used by the public to call police stations back when mobile phones weren't really a thing. They were also used to alert nearby police officers (via the light on top), who I would then presume call in. Again, before cell phones and handheld radios. Apparently they were also used to hold criminals, hence the lock, but I've yet to find a case where this actually happened. More often, they were used as benches for police officers to rest. They fell out of use during the mid-late 60's. They were also all uniform in design (mostly, there are ~4 'marks' of design and each box differed slightly, and the police boxes pre-1929 were all of their own wacky designs). Police boxes were not staffed at all.

Kobans are, as you said, mini-police stations. They're fully staffed and (i presume) equipped. They're buildings, too. They just sort of feel like sufficiently different concepts.

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 6:52AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Damn those fudging idiots who keep losing wallets in the streets around that police box!

THEY'RE ENEMIES OF YURI!!!

Agreed. Their circuitous attempts to keep these two from a cavity search is reprehensible.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Will these two ever get to kiss?... Tune in to the next episode to find out ;)

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Why does that girls hat keep disappearing?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

These two are just never gonna get their kiss are they smh.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Why does that girls hat keep disappearing?

From what I can tell, outside of when they literally come off for story reasons, they disappear whenever they're in the yuri void (pay attention to the background). Basically the yuri version of when Mortal Kombat games remove masks and stuff during X-ray attacks and fatalities.

joined Apr 16, 2022

this chapter has completely sold me on this premise. i hope we get romcom shenanigans while they're tracking a kidnapper or something

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Is that Atsumi Munakata in the first page?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Is that Atsumi Munakata in the first page?

If I had to guess, I'd say no. The small image has, in addition to the two meatballs, got an antenna, which Munakata doesn't, and I think a slightly rounder face. Antennas are usually a persistent character design feature, so.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

This is the type of manga I try to read half asleep and just stop after a few panels. Probably will try again another time.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think there is a good point made about managing the amount of time you spend together as a couple versus on your own, but calling someone a cheater for their hobby is pretty fucking stupid, and also obviously toxic.

joined May 29, 2021

I think there is a good point made about managing the amount of time you spend together as a couple versus on your own, but calling someone a cheater for their hobby is pretty fucking stupid, and also obviously toxic.

That exchange did give me this very useful image though.

joined Apr 14, 2022

but calling someone a cheater for their hobby is pretty fucking stupid, and also obviously toxic.

What if your hobby is having sex with other people? Okay, great, we've established hobbies can be cheating. So how about fantasising about having sex with other people? It's not literally cheating, but it's cheating-adjacent, I'd say. Or perhaps just "emotionally cheating". Even if it's a fictional character, it feels pretty messed up to be devoting that kind of emotional energy to the point of buying sex dolls while in a relationship. Obviously if your partner is okay with it go for it, but calling the mere idea of someone being uncomfortable with it "fucking stupid" is the real toxic take here.

Never forget the golden rule: more than one waifu will ruin your laifu.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think you can say that emotionally neglecting your partner is bad without calling it literally cheating

To reply you must either login or sign up.