Forum › Liberty discussion

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

No bish, leave her alone.

joined Sep 9, 2022

Man I somehow hope her fans will find out that the encouragement they got was coming from nothing but betrayal and cheating that coated with sugar, and what they thought the "couple" that has great love stories was merely just drive by heat and have a one night stand and doesn't really feel guilty about it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm tempted to say that the writer is simply inattentive about details, but things like luggage, clothing, and time of season are the artist's responsibility, and Momono Moto has never been a notably sloppy artist.

That could probably be it. Moto might be the artist, but this is Izumi's manga. I think if the script said that Liz was leaving from Sumire's apartment and whatnot, Moto would probably just draw it that way regardless of inconsistencies.

Then again, I don' think it really matters.

Well, it matters in that at the end of both chapters 19 and 20, Liz runs off into the darkness thinking that her attempt to reconcile with Maki is a no-go. Even so, there's no reason for her to run to Sumire's place--she's just decided that Sumire has been manipulating her and has caused her to lose her true love. (Pause here for snickering and smirking among the reading audience.)

As you suggest, we can't totally rule out the possibility that the creators have totally lost track of what the fuck is going on.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It's going to be real disappointing when this car crash of a series has a boring typical ending

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 8:32PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's going to be real disappointing when this car crash of a series has a boring typical ending

Heard that. I can't believe that I previously missed the part in Chapter 9 where Liz gets totally down that she gave an interview and the writer edited out all her pretentious bullshit about saving the world via "Liberty!," and she's so bummed that she wants to just give up and go home but Maki gives her the old, "You're Liz! Everybody's here to see you!" pep talk so Liz gets a renewed fighting spirit and goes off to do her thing.

But first she punches the shit out of Maki. In gratitude, I guess:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch09#11

So I suppose for the ending she's going to go find Maki in Osaka and apologize for cheating on her and beg her to take her back, and even though Tsucchi warns her not to fall into the same old trap Maki realizes that Liz really does love her and needs her, so the two of them reconcile.

Then Liz sets Maki on fire.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

No you cheating bisch leave her alone

joined Apr 6, 2021

AGHHHHHHHH JUST LEAVE HER ALONE YOU FUCKING GARBAGE PERSON

joined Sep 9, 2022

Don't she feel ashamed when her fans said they got encouragement from her cheating relationship with senpai?......although the fans don't know

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

this bithc has som e nerves

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

We must lie back and think of Momono Moto. For her, liberty is at the end of Liberty.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 3:24PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

"I'll keep fighting! Liberty! So that everyone can live as they are!"

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ You do realize that's a pic from the time when they were happy, before the shit hit the fan and everything went down the drain... right?

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

^ You do realize that's a pic from the time when they were happy, before the shit hit the fan and everything went down the drain... right?

I do believe that's the point they're making. The high point in their relationship was Maki being walked all over, figuratively and literally.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Heard that. I can't believe that I previously missed the part in Chapter 9 where Liz gets totally down that she gave an interview and the writer edited out all her pretentious bullshit about saving the world via "Liberty!," and she's so bummed that she wants to just give up and go home but Maki gives her the old, "You're Liz! Everybody's here to see you!" pep talk so Liz gets a renewed fighting spirit and goes off to do her thing.

But first she punches the shit out of Maki. In gratitude, I guess:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch09#11

So I suppose for the ending she's going to go find Maki in Osaka and apologize for cheating on her and beg her to take her back, and even though Tsucchi warns her not to fall into the same old trap Maki realizes that Liz really does love her and needs her, so the two of them reconcile.

Then Liz sets Maki on fire.

Non non non, friend. You've got it backwards. Liz is going to find Maki so that Maki can apologize to Liz, and beg her to get back together. And THEN get set on fire.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 7:45PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Also that non-Black person having those braids sure is...something.

No, he is the only adult of the series. He clearly is a veteran of the industry. He probably knows everything that is going on, but decides to give as little comment or advice as possible. Completely separate artistry and business. He clearly does not want to get involved with drama, because as the leader it is a very tempting idea to get involved, plus he looks like he is the oldest of them all.

He is a real professional. He was probably the one managing the band up until it is the time to get out from the underground, and knows that his understanding of music management is not up to par and needed a professional management and agency.

As for the misinterpretation of chapter 20, yeah, but I thought we all knew what was translated wrong, IIRC this has been discussed about for a long time ago. It definitely would screw everything up if not corrected. So good job for correcting it.

This manga is a mess when it comes to the story itself. This is not the mangaka's fault. Actually chapter 21 gets me even more confused. 24 pages of writing for 6 months. Only publishing it at Galette, a quarterly "doujin-anthology" publication that mainly survives with private subscription can one get away with that. Since this manga is now the only one that is still on-going from day 1 of Galette, it is hard for people to stop after subscribing for 5+ years.

Thank goodness I did not subscribe.

Oh, I do find it amusing that the first page (cover) is a long black hair girl with a big teddy bear full of seams lines....

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 10:56PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Non non non, friend. You've got it backwards. Liz is going to find Maki so that Maki can apologize to Liz, and beg her to get back together. And THEN get set on fire.

This certainly has the ring of truth.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah, and that apparently includes Liz riding Maki like a pack animal while holding a whip and demanding to be taken to the toilet.

If you consider that normal relationship behavior then...you do you girlfriend?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Yeah, and that apparently includes Liz riding Maki like a pack animal while holding a whip and demanding to be taken to the toilet.

Some forumites don't seem to appreciate dom x sub games...

Thx god Liz and Maki didn't went full bdsm, otherwise minds would have been blown...

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Since this manga is now the only one that is still on-going from day 1 of Galette, it is hard for people to stop after subscribing for 5+ years.
Thank goodness I did not subscribe.

Your loss. I don't think people support the second-longest-running yuri anthology ever because they're coercively locked into the story of Liberty. Although you're correct that this is what total creative freedom with no input from seasoned editors looks like.

And it's kind of glorious.

this series gives me such Nana vibes.

Kimi Koi no Limit by Momono Moto also has extreme Nana vibes. Two of the MCs are basically copies of Nana and Hachi, so I'm thinking it might be a big influence on her work.

last edited at Sep 13, 2022 1:30PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Some forumites don't seem to appreciate dom x sub games...

Thx god Liz and Maki didn't went full bdsm, otherwise minds would have been blown...

Except for that one ridiculous panel, this really isn’t actual dom x sub games, although it would have been better if it were—just random slapping, punching, and thoughtless humiliations.

Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Honestly, if Maki doesn't accept Liz back I wouldn't be surprised.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

this series gives me such Nana vibes.

Kimi Koi no Limit by Momono Moto also has extreme Nana vibes. Two of the MCs are basically copies of Nana and Hachi, so I'm thinking it might be a big influence on her work.

The role of Ai Yazawa's Nana in shaping modern yuri should be recognized more. A lot of people learned how to do yuri pairings from Nana & Hachi.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Honestly, if Maki doesn't accept Liz back I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be very surprised if that happened. Maki already expressed that she hoped she'll be "worthy" of Liz some day, if the translation is accurate. This was post-cheating mind you. I'm a bit conflicted, because on the one hand it would be really, really cathartic to see Liz experience some kind of consequence from her actions and to see Maki actually stand up for herself. On the other hand, this will be cemented as a 9/10 comedy for me if everything gets handwaved in a generic ending. Either way, it'll be great! I can't believe I doubted this work in the beginning.

joined Apr 16, 2022

10/10 comedy if it ends in a threesome with Liv, Maki, and Liv's senpai

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I have't read the series in a long time so I randomly clicked on this chapter, I couldn't remember what this series reminded me of and now I got it, this series gives me such Nana vibes.
Also that non-Black person having those braids sure is...something.

The earliest known depictions of such hairstyles are Greek but yeah, really weird for a non-black person to have them...

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 7:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.