Forum › Liberty discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Imagine confusing "being coerced into having sex while drunk" with "willfully deciding to cheat on your partner." Couldn't be me.

“Coerced” is doing a lot of unjustified work here; we see Liz barely put up token resistance to her ex’s advances. There’s no textual evidence of blackmail or extreme physical force—the ex grabs her and kisses her.

Liz is in a relationship with Maki. She has sex with the ex-girlfriend she’s been pining for. Handwaving that away is basically saying that Liz has no personal agency.

By all means, anyone who has tried the explanation, “I went out with my former girlfriend and we had sex, but we drank and she came on strong, so it’s not cheating,” please tell us how that went over.

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

I just discovered this sht today and lemme tell u, I fcking love it ~ I thrived from this sht of a train wreck. It makes me feel alive.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

well cant say ive ever seen a confession get brushed off so fast. why was that even included at all?

Good question--as evidence that Maki is an oblivious idiot? That Liz's narcissism has rubbed off on her? That Tsucchi is not a real character, but just a comic relief chew-toy?

I stumbled upon the raws of chapter 20 and this translation is whack.

Tsucchi isn't confessing to Maki at all. She tells Maki that even though she's (Maki) genuinely in love and even though she didn't do anything wrong, she's getting hurt. So she just empathize with her friend.

Translator fumbled big times.

joined Dec 21, 2016

well cant say ive ever seen a confession get brushed off so fast. why was that even included at all?

Good question--as evidence that Maki is an oblivious idiot? That Liz's narcissism has rubbed off on her? That Tsucchi is not a real character, but just a comic relief chew-toy?

I stumbled upon the raws of chapter 20 and this translation is whack.

Tsucchi isn't confessing to Maki at all. She tells Maki that even though she's (Maki) genuinely in love and even though she didn't do anything wrong, she's getting hurt. So she just empathize with her friend.

Translator fumbled big times.

Huh.
I must admit that such interpretation never crossed my mind, not even once. In retrospect, the scene makes much more sense now. I guess my own biases (I like Tsucchi) led me to a wrong interpretation. I should give more attention to the context...
Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I'll fix the scene with the next release, which should be in August.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I read both of their twitters and it seems like Kitta Izumi came back to Japan. Graduated and finished school and came back home? Husband tagged along or long distance relationship? Quickie divorce? Who knows. One way or another it is more than understandable that she needs a break. Think about this. She could have handed in her scripts for November 2021 and February 2022 as early as August 2021, if she has seen (the marriage) coming. This can mean not writing for close to a year. She does look happy though. Galette is a doujin, so nobody is obligated to draw an episode in every issue...
No, I am not a seiyuu fan, even though I am an old friend of probably the biggest internet seiyuu fan ever (I will not name names other than the fan loves baseball) I am just trying to figure out how come Liberty is not in Issue 22, and whether it will also be missing in 23. No sign from both their twitters about issue 23. Not even a tease. Just posting about tankoubon #2 (i do love the cover). Well, we have less than a month away from 23 coming out....

This reminds me to ask the person what is up with Kitta Izumi. Maybe the person has more info than the official news.

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 2:38AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I reread Yuunagi Marbled and wanted to go back and reread some other stuff by author and got into this and started to remember a few chapters in about how shitty of a character Liz was. Once a cheater always a cheater it kinda makes me sad that Maki might never even find out she did it as well. And if she does Maki is an idiot and I have a feeling she's just gonna brush it to the side like nothing happened and be fine with it. When she saw the out of context hug from the rando from work I really hope it crushed every bit of her heart and I would be okay if the series just ends right there knowing Liz is a piece of garbage that can just go back to her shitty exGF and continue to be manipulated until the shitty senpai throws her away once again.

Sorry for the rant I forgot how much this series pissed me off before it went away or what not haha.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I reread Yuunagi Marbled and wanted to go back and reread some other stuff by author

Just correcting but Momono Moto isn't the author for Liberty, she is just the artist.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I reread Yuunagi Marbled and wanted to go back and reread some other stuff by author

Just correcting but Momono Moto isn't the author for Liberty, she is just the artist.

ah that's more what I mean I love Moto's art is what made me want to reread some of the other stuff my apologies.

joined Aug 21, 2015

When is the next chapter coming out

joined Dec 21, 2016

When is the next chapter coming out

Today, I don't know when I'll be able to release it.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Already saw ch21. Feels like it will end at ch25. Hopefully liz learned from her mistakes and will never see that woman again. Still kinda dislike liz for deceiving maki by "cheating" behind her back. Hopefully they can become girlfriends in the end who knows

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Chapter 20 has been updated (as the first page says). Please clear your browser's cache or go to the chapter itself and then click ctrl + f5 to see the updated version!

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 11:50AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So an undetermined amount of time has passed since Liz saw (and of course misunderstood) the hug between Maki and her drunk co-worker, but in any case, judging by the luggage, we are to assume that Liz has been living with Sumire ever since?

Suffering all the while, no doubt.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'm confused on the time here. If Maki has released a book, has a lot of time passed between the beginning of the chapter and the end?

joined Dec 21, 2016

The passage of time isn't exactly clear and it confused me as well. In chapter 18 it was snowing, yet in chapter 20 Maki and Tsucchi are sitting in the park, eating an ice cream and they aren't wearing coats or scarves, so we can assume it's relatively warm during the day but not at night as Maki's colleague is wearing a coat and a scarf (ch.18 and 20). Liz leaves Sumire's apartment probably the night after finding out the truth (no heavy clothing, it's still relatively warm...for some reason). The Liberty's concert probably happened a few weeks later, in the meanwhile Maki has won the competition for emerging writes and gets her book published. In my opinion, less than a month passed between the first half and the second half of this chapter. 2 or 3 weeks at best.

joined Apr 16, 2022

A chapter or Liberty that doesn't contain misunderstanding-fueled drama...it makes me nostalgic for the time I liked this manga lol. We all know Liz and Maki are going to end up together, but I would honestly prefer if they didn't, and instead grew and found happiness separately (like in this chapter). But I guess if that happened this wouldn't be a romance.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm confused on the time here. If Maki has released a book, has a lot of time passed between the beginning of the chapter and the end?

The people at her office were celebrating the potential acceptance of her manuscript in the previous chapter (hence the drunken co-worker hug). So however long it took for the book to get published is how much time has passed.

That's what I was asking about: as far as we know, Liz was not living with Sumire when she saw that hug and then ran away in Chapter 20--which is actually a replay of the end of Chapter 19. Now she's leaving Sumire's hotel with luggage, implying that she moved some stuff from her own apartment after that.

Liz leaves Sumire's apartment probably the night after finding out the truth (no heavy clothing, it's still relatively warm...for some reason).

I don't think so--Liz leaves Sumire's wearing shorts and a light jacket, and a number of the people in the street are in shirt sleeves at night. A considerable period of time must have passed since the end of Chapter 20, and Liz has been living with Sumire for that period--hence the luggage.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 2:18PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I wouldn't analyze Liz leaving Sumire's apparent too deeply. We don't know if she was living there or just had some stuff there and went to pick them up. Plus the significance of that scene was Liz growing enough of a pair to brush off Sumire's advances anyway, the rest doesn't really matter imo.

Also, I know Maki and Liz getting together is pretty much a given but I hope it doesn't happen right away. There are quite a few chapters left to fill up volume 3 so I think they can afford to have Maki reject Liz at first, prompting Liz to actually make some effort to redeem herself and regain Maki's trust. Otherwise the happy ending wouldn't feel earned.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 2:54PM

joined Dec 8, 2019

It's hilarious that Tsucchi's "confession" last chapter was actually just a translation error, but we were all like, "yes that tracks for this car-crash of a story."

joined Feb 10, 2022

So an undetermined amount of time has passed since Liz saw (and of course misunderstood) the hug between Maki and her drunk co-worker, but in any case, judging by the luggage, we are to assume that Liz has been living with Sumire ever since?

They stayed in the hotel. I assumed this is the day after that woman told Liz about having a husband and a kid(talking about liz's farewell). Then we have some kind of a time skip seeing liz at her concerts until she saw the info about Maki's book

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 4:04PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Is it wrong that I don't feel bad for Liz at all for being alone when she brought this on herself because she's a scummy dirty cheater? And that Honjo should tell her to kick rocks and piss off and leave her to be sad and alone all by herself because Liz doesn't deserve someone as sweet as her?

I really hate those stories where someone cheats and then feels bad about it and goes back to the person they cheated on and they're just forgiven instantly. I guess I just hold grudges too much and would honestly never want to talk to that person again. This trope is as annoying as the random EX from the past shows up and for some reason no matter how badly they hurt the MC the MC instantly wants to ruin whatever relationship they're in now just to go back to that person... OH WAIT THAT HAPPENED IN THIS SERIES AS WELL.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 4:11PM

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Chapter 20 has been updated (as the first page says). Please clear your browser's cache or go to the chapter itself and then click ctrl + f5 to see the updated version!

More accurately, the mistake they corrected was in page 6.

It was a pretty big mistake too.... when I read the uncorrected version and reached that part I screamed in horror.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Don't you fucking dare you POS.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They stayed in the hotel. I assumed this is the day after that woman told Liz about having a husband and a kid(talking about liz's farewell). Then we have some kind of a time skip seeing liz at her concerts until she saw the info about Maki's book

No, it's most likely not that day at all. In this story, days go over multiple chapters, and one chapter backtracks over the previous one so that both end at the scene of Maki hugging the co-worker. Here is the timeline, and everything up to and including Day 6 are definite:

• Day 1: Liz discovers that the person who wants to do an ad campaign is really “Senpai”

• Day 2: Meeting in Shibuya, makeover, Liz & Senpai have sex

• Day 3: Liz goes home, feels guilty

• Day 4: Debut celebration party, Sumire tells Maki to break up with Liz, Maki goes to her own apartment

• Day 5: Jasmine tells Liz to apologize to Maki, Tsucchi tells Maki to get in touch with Liz. Sumire (unannounced) picks up Liz in front of Liz’s apartment. Maki & Tsucchi confront Liz & Sumire in front of Liz’s apartment. (It’s snowing.)

• Day 6: Story of alleged Liz & Sumire relationship breaks in the media. Sumire invites Liz to another party, hears of Sumire’s “family” in England. On the way back from the party, Liz learns that Sumire is married and has a child. Liz jumps out of the car, goes to the office, gets scolded by Jasmine, sees Maki hugging co-worker. (It's cold, Liz is in her sleeveless party dress but has somehow gotten a hoodie; other people are in hoodies and scarves.)

• Day ?: Liz leaves Sumire’s apartment with a rolling, full-size carry-on piece of luggage. She is wearing a light jacket and shorts. (People on the street are in light jackets or shirt sleeves.)

Liz has had no reason or opportunity to bring "a few things" to Sumire's apartment until after her abortive attempt to see Maki. Prior to that she clearly was staying in her own apartment.

I'm tempted to say that the writer is simply inattentive about details, but things like luggage, clothing, and time of season are the artist's responsibility, and Momono Moto has never been a notably sloppy artist.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm tempted to say that the writer is simply inattentive about details, but things like luggage, clothing, and time of season are the artist's responsibility, and Momono Moto has never been a notably sloppy artist.

That could probably be it. Moto might be the artist, but this is Izumi's manga. I think if the script said that Liz was leaving from Sumire's apartment and whatnot, Moto would probably just draw it that way regardless of inconsistencies.

Then again, I don' think it really matters.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 5:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.