Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

huh? I feel like I read the latest chapter before already? I am so confused XD

Probably on Mangadex

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Kozakura needs hugs. And better friends.

And true that, shes still traumatized and they dont give a shit

What page and chapter? I didn't notice in the manga. I'm pretty sure they haven't acknowledged each other as friends in this. In the later chapter they will. Volume 4 of the novel is when they're more friendly so maybe 50 more chapters to the manga?

If we're talking about Kozakura's friends, I'd still think Satsuki is worse.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Maybe you remember it from the anime? they switched some of the cases around and featured it right after the ninja cats one

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Kozakura needs hugs. And better friends.

And true that, shes still traumatized and they dont give a shit

Kozakura isn't exactly a great friend herself.
And she seemed to be kind of traumatised before they even met her, so it hasn't really made a huge difference in their relationship.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe you remember it from the anime? they switched some of the cases around and featured it right after the ninja cats one

Lilliwyt is right: this chapter has been up on Mangadex since 5 days ago.

last edited at Aug 28, 2022 9:42AM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Interesting!

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Sowaro is such a mood here XD

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

Sowaro is such a mood here XD

some good panels in this one

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 9:38PM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Akari patting Nat-Tsun head, halfway down the 11th page is really cute

joined Jun 20, 2022

Great series. Great characterization and an engaging plot. Even if characters often take on stereotypical personalities, they're treated with a degree of respect that gives them a satisfying depth.

The atmosphere is really well done. Even if, individually, the ghosts or otherworldly creatures aren't creepy, the context and way in which they're applied never fails to at least put me on edge. It's this eldritch form of horror that has a real soft spot in my heart.

I'm really fond of this series. Just binged the light novel source, too.

The little I have to say here is just apparent of how good this series is.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I love how these bitches are like "yeah we're still totally normal for going into the otherside as much as we do" and then they just like actively hallucinate, have blackouts on the regular, and are also physically changed vis a vis Sorawo and her eye, and Toriko with her hand. Like they really do think the otherside isn't getting to them...

joined May 29, 2021

I love how these bitches are like "yeah we're still totally normal for going into the otherside as much as we do" and then they just like actively hallucinate, have blackouts on the regular, and are also physically changed vis a vis Sorawo and her eye, and Toriko with her hand. Like they really do think the otherside isn't getting to them...

You gotta remember how weird both of them were even prior to the series starting. Toriko was already deep into Satsuki’s bullshit, and Sorawo was so disconnected from normal life she thought her story about her childhood being fucked up by a cult was normal.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

You gotta remember how weird both of them were even prior to the series starting. Toriko was already deep into Satsuki’s bullshit, and Sorawo was so disconnected from normal life she thought her story about her childhood being fucked up by a cult was normal.

yeah they weren't ever like actual normal people but they sure are both the kind of person to go "hey remember that one time we thought we were talking to each other normally but then Kozakura walked in and told us we were actually talking complete nonsense" just normal things. hee hoo

joined Mar 23, 2022

runa arc letsssss goooo

Eacb chapter is a reminder I need to dig into the novel asap

NamelessSentinel
Unnamed
joined Aug 26, 2021

[File 12 Spoilers] I always remember the part in volume 4 when they're exploring The Farm with Torchlight. Sorawo noticed that everyone else was starting to feel adverse effects from constant exposure to the Otherside, yet she and Toriko were perfectly fine. "When I saw a normal person’s reaction to the other world, it occurred to me that we should have been like that, too. Were we dense? Or just used to this? I didn’t like being used to it."

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Eacb chapter is a reminder I need to dig into the novel asap

I feel you, I have up to vol 5 and am only half way through vol 1. gotta get reading!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

yeah they weren't ever like actual normal people but they sure are both the kind of person to go "hey remember that one time we thought we were talking to each other normally but then Kozakura walked in and told us we were actually talking complete nonsense" just normal things. hee hoo

I don't think they believe at all that the otherside isn't affecting them. They know they have changed physically. Sorawo has said a lot though (even in this chapter), that she doesn't care as long as she gets to have her own little world though. To the two of them, the risks and the changes they undergo are acceptable to achieve their goals.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I mean, not that the otherside isn't affecting them, but could they stop going even if they wanted to? It seems to me like the otherside has taken an active interest in them. Even if they wanted to stop visiting I feel like they'd get drawn back in.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Sorawo's hair growth in pictures: https://imgur.com/a/cJUTWuf

Also, she's such a little imp

joined Jun 5, 2018

Im annoyed that the tall girl became such a plot point by sowaro just wanting to keep to herself. Always frustrating when conflicts arise in a story due to someone unnecessarily withholding information...

joined Jan 6, 2017

Moments like this are what make the manga worth reading even though I prefer the novels

Just look at that face!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yes, several great faces in this chapter...

It's also kind of funny that they spend the chapter worrying about the spooky video, and then boom! Sorawo gets thrown into a van.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Im annoyed that the tall girl became such a plot point by sowaro just wanting to keep to herself. Always frustrating when conflicts arise in a story due to someone unnecessarily withholding information...

Uruma Satsuki being there wouldn't stop being a plot point if Sorawo told them, the drama would just be different.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Uruma Satsuki being there wouldn't stop being a plot point if Sorawo told them, the drama would just be different.

The bit about Sorawo keeping quiet about the twisted echo of Uruma Satsuki stalking them from the other side hasn't really been an external plot point so much as it has been a character-building exercise and source of internal conflict for Sorawo.

I'm not sure I would describe her actions as completely unnecessary either. We've seen just how dangerously fixated or even outright obsessed both of her partners are with Uruma Satsuki so there are some solid arguments for why it might be dangerous to throw fuel on that particular supernatural and emotional fire. It's true some of Sorawo's motives are a bit selfish and jealousy driven and this decision could eventually come back to bite her in the ass, but spilling the beans could have been even messier and more problematic.

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 2:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.