Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Page 69. Nice.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can't help but read this scenario and just picture any other identity issue being replaced here and it reading completely differently to people.

I think we are in agreement that if the story were different than it is, it would read differently than it does.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

homumikos posted:

I came here hoping to find discussions about the place we're at in the story, but once again I find only discourse... why can't we have a normal comments section...

Hi. You can actually find a great deal of discussion of chapter 18, starting back here, and more of it is always welcome. The "discourse" takes up perhaps 1 page out of 6, by my count.

Illustration13111
joined Jun 29, 2022

I just realized this series has more than 1700 comments, holyfuck

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Page 69. Nice.

Damn, beat me to it, lol.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Page 69. Nice.

Next milestone would be 100 posts per chapter.
I'm doing my part.

I mean, obviously some popular manga like Bloom Into You (<3) have way more than 100 posts per chapter, but they're also about 30 pages per chapter and not four.

last edited at Aug 25, 2022 4:35PM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I'll say again that I appreciated the discourse. Mitsuki is being totally chill about this and giving plenty of consideration to Aya; I like that mindset just fine. Aya isn't seeming insulted though so I can't wait to see her views on events!

It's fine to extrapolate arguments from examples and metaphors. That's part of the fun of literary criticism! Though that's not fun for all. The more angry and dismissive comments creeped me out sometimes, a first for this site. Forgiveness and no grudges but like... myself and people I know lived similar stuff to the story at times, it's very common, very mood for butch folks and trans folks. Lived experience: every extended misunderstanding (say on gender or sexuality) has different nuance for logic, decency, and safety. Mitsuki's familiar worry is gratifying, heartwarming in a way. Disagreeing with her is fine too (edit: she's kind of a coward). Please remember there's all kinds of folks and experiences relevant to enjoying or talking about a story that may not be obvious from our own experiences. I love that about fiction; parallels and disagreements highlight parts, additively.

It's really cool to see this portrayal of something familiar, and the premise (and art!) resonates widely enough for 69 pages of comments. Wow.

last edited at Aug 25, 2022 8:36PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I would like to apologize if I was overly aggressive or dismissive; I wasn't in a good mood these past few days and shouldn't have gotten into an argument about sensitive issues while I was in that mental state. I haven't changed my position, but I really don't want to argue about it anymore lol, and I regret the role I played in causing drama in this thread. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

All's well, you have a good weekend too.

I will simply repeat my previous conclusion. Different users are interested in different discussions. If a user does not see merit in a given discussion being had, they would do better to avoid it rather than engaging in unproductive behaviours like mockery or dismissal. This particular thread covers a vast range of topics related to the manga, surely there's no need to lament one small conversation taking place within it.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I present you all the best analysis of this chapter:

Thanks Jerkface for making the story move! Youre indeed the besto character of this manga and i hope he gets some bches

last edited at Aug 25, 2022 8:48PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

NOOOO PLS DONT FALL OUT OF LOVE

joined Dec 13, 2019

No chapter this week, seems like Agu wants us to teeter on the cliffhanger for a bit longer.

joined Sep 23, 2019

No chapter this week, seems like Agu wants us to teeter on the cliffhanger for a bit longer.

I actually sincerely dont think its a cliff hanger, and i dunno if it was already discussed on here but they mention being in hiding, i dont really understand what that means, like maybe just hiding on twitter. But the whole post today about hoping to finish the comic and saying thanks for watching ofer the characters makes it sound like something behind the scenes is going wrong.
Like posting a 5 years from now drawing before a comment like that seems kinda foreboding, am i the only one worried.

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

I actually sincerely dont think its a cliff hanger, and i dunno if it was already discussed on here but they mention being in hiding, i dont really understand what that means, like maybe just hiding on twitter. But the whole post today about hoping to finish the comic and saying thanks for watching ofer the characters makes it sound like something behind the scenes is going wrong.
Like posting a 5 years from now drawing before a comment like that seems kinda foreboding, am i the only one worried.

Something behind the scenes like what? Personal stuff? Social stuff? Sumiko has over 500k followers because of her recent work. I understand Japan is conservative when it comes to LGBTQ issues, but hopefully not to the point where she needs to go into hiding?

joined Apr 16, 2022

She didn't say she "hopes" to finish the comic. She just said she's taking a week break, thanked & apologized to the fans, and posted the 5 years from now comic to give people at least a little bit of content. It's not the first time she's taken a break, either. There's no reason to be worried other than the "how much longer is she going to spend making a manga she gets no money from" concern which has been there since the beginning.

Also we all know the real reason she's taking a break: to give this thread a chance to cool off and settle down. Thank you, Arai-sensei.

joined Feb 5, 2020

(Hopefully) yes I will keep my hopes up. I hope Arai-sensei is doing well

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It doesn't preclude a "good friendship" ending, while hinting at a couple ending.

Well done Sumiko.

Alice Nightrose
1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

Moar !!!!!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Does it seem like Aya has more piercings? That means Mitsuki's had some influence on her. Or, you know, girlfriend stuff.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Aya’s outfit is so cute

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Author confirmed to be a horrible tease. :D

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

"But you've become somebody else 'round everyone else... Dressed up like you're something else. The way you're actin' like somebody else gets me frustrated... You fall, and you crawl, and you break and you take what you get, and you turn it into honesty and promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it" Avril Lavigne - Complicated

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 8:17AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Does it seem like Aya has more piercings? That means Mitsuki's had some influence on her. Or, you know, girlfriend stuff.

The ambiguity… Sumiko is mean

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Ah this fills me with hope. (Hopefully)

joined Jan 13, 2019

lmao the author saw everyone panicking and was like "oh shit oh god hold on dont worry i got you"

To reply you must either login or sign up.