Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

oh dear,she's quite popular with the kids

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

This manga brings me nothing but disgust and disdain. It's a story revolving around an adult being attracted to a 10 year old, but it's loosely "justified" for some reason because she has the big booba. It's just as bullshit as the "I'm actually 3000 years old I just look like a child" excuse. You're all pedophiles. Adults being attracted to 10 year olds is fucked no matter how they look.

excuse me sir/ma'am,i'm a freaking middle schooler here,and i can't handle kids younger than me

can you still call me a pedo?

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Her potentially acknowledging that her feelings are reciprocal (and I agree it's hard to imagine she's not aware of that on some level)...

I'd definitely like to see Mai's perspective explored first. I feel that would be incredibly amusing in itself, especially if her seductress tendencies only get more pronounced and intentional post-realization, and I think that would also be a way to connect it to Tae realizing what's going on and all.

As for Yuki's role...

That'd definitely be very amusing, but the whole "onee-sama" thing is also the cliche from all the rich-girl school stories and stuff, that very clearly symbolizes intense camaraderie wink-wink-nudge-nudge. It's still something that we're going to see develop. I'm definitely not thinking there'll be a "serious" love triangle here, but if played well it could be immensely amusing.

I actually find it really impressive how this seemingly bizarre and utterly nonsensical comedy has incorporated so many ways for it actually evolve as a story, like, I really do feel that this is a pretty well-written story overall.

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 7:20AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That backfired in an entirely unexpected way... :D

Hmm?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????

hmmmmmm.jpg

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 9:49AM

joined May 1, 2015

This manga brings me nothing but disgust and disdain. It's a story revolving around an adult being attracted to a 10 year old, but it's loosely "justified" for some reason because she has the big booba. It's just as bullshit as the "I'm actually 3000 years old I just look like a child" excuse. You're all pedophiles. Adults being attracted to 10 year olds is fucked no matter how they look.

Sees tags, ignores them, starts a fight.
Yeah, learn to read.
See rules.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Hi, police?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That'd definitely be very amusing, but the whole "onee-sama" thing is also the cliche from all the rich-girl school stories and stuff, that very clearly symbolizes intense camaraderie wink-wink-nudge-nudge. It's still something that we're going to see develop. I'm definitely not thinking there'll be a "serious" love triangle here, but if played well it could be immensely amusing.

That's true, but that's not the only connotation of "onee-sama" in manga--sometimes it really does mean "highly respected big sister/mother surrogate," and I wouldn't be surprised to see that meaning activated here.

There's an incredibly cute het series, Taishō Otome Otogibanashi, where the MC's younger sister starts out being extremely bratty, domineering, and manipulative (i.e., just like Yuki except older and exponentially worse), and then she is turned around by the kindness and selflessness of the wife, who she always refers to afterwards as "Onee-sama."

I'm sure the two schoolgirls will be competing for Tae's attention, but not necessarily for her romantic affection.

joined Oct 14, 2016

Mission to get friend failed successfully got a harem instead

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

CallieWallie posted:

CallieWallie, banned for a month. Next time will be permanent. In the future, you're welcome to avoid interacting with work that offends you. Thank you, take care.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Thanks as always, OrangePekoe, for taking care of us.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

excuse me sir/ma'am, i'm a freaking middle schooler here

Oh my. (Makes a note: never talk about ecchi things with Reika-chan.)

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

lol at the alarm on the inner cover

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

lol at the alarm on the inner cover

Protect the children.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

The latest chapter was super cute. I'm glad everything was solved, it's all thanks to Tae's maturity. Children are inexperienced and don't often know how to act, so they need the guidance of adults to help them. Yuki, who was often ignored by the adults in her life finally found it in Tae.

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

everyone laugh at the american.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

excuse me sir/ma'am,i'm a freaking middle schooler here,and i can't handle kids younger than me

It'd woulnt surprise me honestly, people like this usually are lacking in common sense, what actually surprise me is the fact that they bother to read till this point usually they leave after the first 5 chapter after the mods warn them about being weirdos

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It'd woulnt surprise me honestly, people like this usually are lacking in common sense, what actually surprise me is the fact that they bother to read till this point usually they leave after the first 5 chapter after the mods warn them about being weirdos

There was another person who just deleted their account because they didn’t want to be associated with a place where so many people “defended pedophilia.” The idea that reading about behavior constitutes an endorsement of that behavior in real life strikes me personally as totally bizarre, as if mystery or horror readers are all a bunch of would-be serial killers. I really do not get it.

And in the case of this series, all we see are the MC’s consistent and strenuous efforts to not do anything inappropriate, no matter what awkward situations the author puts her in.

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 9:25PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I thought this was going to end up as a harem for Mai…not Tae lol I was shook

200124035842-812n
joined Aug 24, 2016

Tae got loli 1ea lol

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

There was another person who just deleted their account because they didn’t want to be associated with a place where so many people “defended pedophilia.” The idea that reading about behavior constitutes an endorsement of that behavior in real life strikes me personally as totally bizarre, as if mystery or horror readers are all a bunch of would-be serial killers. I really do not get it.

And in the case of this series, all we see are the MC’s consistent and strenuous efforts to not do anything inappropriate, no matter what awkward situations the author puts her in.

I think this point is deeply poignant about reading something doesn't mean condoning it in any way. Do I believe Teacher/Student relationships are good? Nope, but enjoyed "I want to spoil Yoroizuka-san". Do I think I'll ever participate in bdsm? Most likely not, but "Bondage Play" was a fascinating read. Do I find the concept of dehumanization as a "fetish" compelling in my life? No, but "Her Pet" was really engaging.

But the same is true for people that commit murders, do psychedelics, etc in stories. I have no interest in those things in real life, but I can find stories about them engaging and entertaining. And not everyone is ok with every subject and that's fine. That's what trigger warnings and content tags are for.

Just real strange to see people pop in to act high and mighty without reading a story like this which actively engages with the concept of "oh shit the person I thought was cute is a minor" in a way that is well written for the most part and actively works to recognize why pursuing that relationship would be wrong.

joined Aug 29, 2019

... works to recognize why pursuing that relationship would be wrong.

Yep, and some even provide a humorous "solution" to the dilemma.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

... works to recognize why pursuing that relationship would be wrong.

Yep, and some even provide a humorous "solution" to the dilemma.

It’s not often you find “wholesome” grazing with that particular herd of tags

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am still rooting for Mai/Tae [couple name Mai-Tai] but I think the biggest obstacle might be that Tae is Mai's first love, and they don't always last. Although Mai might be Tae's first love too.

KenshiroEverydayLifeIsFun
joined Dec 22, 2021

I thought this was going to end up as a harem for Mai…not Tae lol I was shook

I thought the same thing! At first she didn't want Tae to get close to Mai, so maybe she had hidden feeling for Mai or something. But look at now... I like where this is going.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

When I look at the tags, romance + lolicon + swimsuit I was thinking about something else but turn out it’s really cute series. The younger than she look + older than she look balance the weird so well

To reply you must either login or sign up.