Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! (novel ver.) discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And there she falls. ^_^

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow, the novel sure is a lot more direct isn't it. Elsa hasn't just practically confessed here she just straight up did.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I wonder why, in the manga, in the episode where Elsa is possessed by a mare and almost jumps off a roof, they changed the orders of the Villainess system.

In the novel, it's plain and clear that the system is malfunctioning. Heck, Yvonne says it out loud, just in case we the readers didn't get it! In the manga, it would seem they are trying to hide it.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Would a wizard who trained under Oz be called a "Wizard of Oz"?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I swear, the moment I read "designated castle", my brain immediately went "I'm sorry, Mario..." :D

wow, the novel sure is a lot more direct isn't it. Elsa hasn't just practically confessed here she just straight up did.

I have no idea how Evie has managed to keep up her denial about Elsa's feelings all this time after being told in no uncertain terms that she's considering her her Destined Soulmate... Shimamura at least had the advantage of not being literally confessed to...

I wonder why, in the manga, in the episode where Elsa is possessed by a mare and almost jumps off a roof, they changed the orders of the Villainess system.

In the novel, it's plain and clear that the system is malfunctioning. Heck, Yvonne says it out loud, just in case we the readers didn't get it! In the manga, it would seem they are trying to hide it.

Probably thought things over and decided to actually give a choice of some kind in the manga. Regardless of Evie's thoughts on this, it's unlikely to be actually malfunctioning, though - there's hardly any other villainous actions to take in this situation, and the system wants to make really sure she does it.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

I love the little differences between the light novel and the manga.

-In the manga, past-Elsa was far more hesitant about Yvonne and thought she was just other rich girl bullying her for fun. They do tease about them meeting a long time ago, but nothing as direct as in the light novel. Also in the light novel it seems Elsa's was trying to meet Evie again since she was still a kid in the orphanage.

-The whole "treason" thing it's also explained more in depth during this chapter in the light novel. The manga gloss over lots of details about the Demon King (we do learn that he's a cute love interest, though), Oz, etc... I also thought it was pretty interesting how in the manga we learn the family is found to be guilty of the charges of treason, while in the light novel Yvonne it's actually proven to be innocent.

-Not even gonna mention the whole Villainess System thing:

Thank you for the translation!!

last edited at Jun 29, 2022 8:48AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This is because the beginning chapters of the manhua used an old version of the WN, where there were two villainess system options, but most importantly not a third zero-point option. In the updated, most current version of the WN, it was changed to what it is now.

-In the manga, past-Elsa was far more hesitant about Yvonne and thought she was just other rich girl bullying her for fun.

I'd say the WN and manhua are actually consistent in that regard. They use the same scene, where Elsa thinks that Yvonne's just another noble bullying her just because, and then begins to think that Yvonne might be different after she stands up for her.

This chapter is great overall. I did greatly enjoy the greater elaboration of plot details too.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is because the beginning chapters of the manhua used an old version of the WN, where there were two villainess system options, but most importantly not a third zero-point option. In the updated, most current version of the WN, it was changed to what it is now.

Oh I get it now. So in the new version the VS has basically stopped working right and tried to force the death of Elsa with no way out... Interesting. I wonder if it's going to be a plot point later.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Oh I get it now. So in the new version the VS has basically stopped working right and tried to force the death of Elsa with no way out... Interesting. I wonder if it's going to be a plot point later.

I'd question if that is it not working "right" but it certainly does seem something tried to force Elsa's death.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

-In the manga, past-Elsa was far more hesitant about Yvonne and thought she was just other rich girl bullying her for fun.

I'd say the WN and manhua are actually consistent in that regard. They use the same scene, where Elsa thinks that Yvonne's just another noble bullying her just because, and then begins to think that Yvonne might be different after she stands up for her.

This chapter is great overall. I did greatly enjoy the greater elaboration of plot details too.

Really cool, I didn't notice there was an older version of the web novel. Thanks!

last edited at Jun 29, 2022 1:02PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm wondering if there's an extra wrinkle here. Consider: In point of fact, Elsa was about to jump off the roof all by herself. Yvonne wouldn't have been there to save her if the Villainess system hadn't practically dragged her up there by the nose. So in a bizarre way, in appearing to endanger Elsa, the Villainess system actually saved her.

But if someone or something is actually manipulating the Villainess system to get them together, they must be operating under major constraints.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

. . . The great wizard Oz. Really. He sounds Wonderful. Someone should go off to see him.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Oh lord we’re back with the piss chapter again

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And it's still hilarious.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

And it's still hilarious.

And hot

joined Jul 6, 2020

Well, now that this chapter is finished it seems that the floodgates will be opened (for new chapters). We'll be going from a trickle to a steady stream (of content) in the future.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This was ten times more embarrassing a read than the manhua.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

My god, if the original manwha is already gay the light novel is gay²

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Well, now that this chapter is finished it seems that the floodgates will be opened (for new chapters). We'll be going from a trickle to a steady stream (of content) in the future.

You don't exactly have a dry sense of humor, do you? I approve.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Today's Instructional Diary:

joined Aug 8, 2022

Is novel already completed?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Nope. The raw is slowly moving towards a conclusion.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Looking for roommate:

I will bully you and you can do the chores around the house/cook

Please contact me as soon as possible

Requirements: Be Cute

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That's how I make my eggs, but they never turn out like that :'(
How do you get them to not be oily when you cook them in bacon grease?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Elsa you glutton.

To reply you must either login or sign up.