Forum › The Moon on a Rainy Night discussion

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Kanon recognizes that Saki is sometimes uncomfortable and hiding something, and ignores it because Saki is somewhat pure ?

I'd say because she recognizes that it's something Saki directs toward her own self and not towards her, and she ignores it because there's no malice in that.

I didn't get that read at all. The special treatment thing was all regarding her disability and how people usually act towards her because of it. It didn't feel like Kanon had any expectations towards him in an emotional sense at all. Imo that fluster just came from her being torn between wanting to be treated like everyone else but also admitting to herself that getting special treatment is smth she's come to be used to so it threw her off

In ch6, the lil sister mentioned people who keep on misunderstanding her sister's facial expressions, I'm not sure if that's a call out to those readers from the author.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

that's some forced drama right there

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

that's some forced drama right there

I see the dramatic elements, but what makes you say it's forced?

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

in my mind the little sister just has the voice of five from the umbrella academy

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Gay hand holding

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I'm surprised this is an... intermission chapter? What would you call a .5 chapter?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I love it when the story reaches that realization moment

joined Apr 16, 2022

I'm surprised this is an... intermission chapter? What would you call a .5 chapter?

The meaning of the ".5" depends on the manga. In this case, it signifies that it's the "second half" of chapter 7. So it's not an intermission chapter at all.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Lesbians like hands

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So is that an indirect handholding with Saki's face? Wait, I mean . . .

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_moon_on_a_rainy_night_ch7_5#28

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Ohhhh man Kanon was blushin' like crazy there

But is it a "Oh I'm embarassed to hold hands" kinda thing or a "GAY GAY LESBIAN GAY" type thing

....I think we know how it is for Saki. That final page, whooee.

joined May 1, 2015

Now they can get married with Rinne's blessing.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Thank you for the update!

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Ohhhh man Kanon was blushin' like crazy there

But is it a "Oh I'm embarassed to hold hands" kinda thing or a "GAY GAY LESBIAN GAY" type thing

Yes.

More seriously though, I'd say it's a lot more about being embarrassed/hesitant/reluctant about having to rely on her to such a degree than anything else. I don't think she's in the butterflies stage just yet, though I do think that she definitely cares a lot for Saki.

On Saki's end, yeah, girl's way past the point of no return. I hope this goes somewhere. I'll be honest, I have some reservations about payoff in Kuzushiro's works, so I hope this time they go big rather than home.

In any case, about the chapter itself - man, Saki is a gem of a girl. Big fan of how things developed. Not sure about that 'feeling' lil' sis has, though, I thought she caught on to Saki since their first interaction, so what else could she be worried about? Also, her attitude's really growing on me.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

bro I love saki so much

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

With the amount of blush on Saki's face on that last page I'm really surprised she kept her composure the entire time they were looking for Rinne while holding her hand.

I assume Rinne's "feeling" she gets from Saki is she wants to be more then just a helper and friend with her sister yes? Because I don't think Saki has an evil bone in her precious body.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 1:09PM

Pat%20the%20sara
joined Apr 29, 2019

That hand ain't ever getting cleaned again

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright gay girl you certainly look over the moon about that handholding, I don't think it'll go that far but I do really like when a character is just like a little too in love and page 28 did give me that vibe if just a little. So go Saki sink deeper into that morass of love I'm rooting for you.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 1:40PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

What a beautiful couple...and hot. I think both of them have way passed the point of no return. The only thing left is to confess to each other. Come to think of it, it is more normal to see girls holding hands together, than girls try their best not to show affection (ie. Citrus). I have yet to read anything that devotes an entire chapter to hand holding. I wonder if the artist named Kanon as the name of the MC from Pachelbel Canon and Gigue.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What a beautiful couple...and hot. I think both of them have way passed the point of no return. The only thing left is to confess to each other. Come to think of it, it is more normal to see girls holding hands together, than girls try their best not to show affection (ie. Citrus). I have yet to read anything that devotes an entire chapter to hand holding. I wonder if the artist named Kanon as the name of the MC from Pachelbel Canon and Gigue.

I’ve seen the name before in manga, but I have no idea where.

Nor do I know how it’s written in Japanese in this case.

https://japanese-names.info/first_name/kanon-2/

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Kanon gives me vibes that she knows more about Saki's feelings for her, and she likes it.

Also I do wonder if it's that bad to be deaf and walk out at night in your own neighborhood--this would be akin to walking out while wearing noise cancelling headphones. I'd understand it more if they live in a neighborhood prone to crime or reckless driving though.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 2:06PM

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

Kanon gives me vibes that she knows more about Saki's feelings for her, and she likes it.

Also I do wonder if it's that bad to be deaf and walk out at night in your own neighborhood--this would be akin to walking out while wearing noise cancelling headphones. I'd understand it more if they live in a neighborhood prone to crime or reckless driving though.

i'm not deaf but i've got a fairly severe hearing loss, and for me it's less so that i can't hear what's going on, it's that i don't know where sound is coming from. being in the dark already puts most people on edge but if sounds are muffled/seem to be coming from random directions it just puts you in a state of animalistic dread. before i got hearing aids, i used to sprint home from my middle school to my house after band concerts (we lived very very closed to the school and i could just walk home, but the darkness freaked me out). it basically makes you feel like a prey animal, even if the surroundings are familiar

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I don't think Saki was relieved to see Rinne nearly as much as thankful to escape from the hand-holding with Kanon. It's like Saki was trapped and forced to illicitly steal warmth from her crush who seems to like men! Her emotions got stirred but they're not equally shared, so it's stimulating but feels a bit alienating. At least she applied that hand-holding feeling to the face for storage! How diligent.

Lacking ambient reference points and situational awareness in the dark is hazardous and can be exhausting, with many times the risk especially with some street layouts. Though I only know secondhand. Kanon is innocent but she could have just held Saki's sleeve like Rinne does. Hand-holding with someone she deeply trusts may be freeing for her but she dealt massive Damage-Over-Time to Saki. I wonder what she saw in Saki's nervous expression.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 4:16PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think Saki was relieved to see Rinne nearly as much as thankful to escape from the hand-holding with Kanon. It's like Saki was trapped and forced to illicitly steal warmth from her crush who seems to like men! Her emotions got stirred but they're not equally shared, so it's stimulating but feels a bit alienating. At least she applied that hand-holding feeling to the face for storage! How diligent.

There’s absolutely no textual support for the idea that Saki felt “trapped” or “thankful to escape” from holding hands with Kanon; in fact they kept holding hands until Rinne karate-chopped them apart. Saki basically just realized as she was walking home alone that she had been holding hands all that time with her crush.

Where the Kanon “seems to like men” comes from I do not know—Kanon just half-confessed when she told her sister she didn’t mind if Saki “used” or “deceived” her, which is why Rinne ran out in the first place.

And Rinne herself said that Saki “looked relieved” when the girls found her, which is why she now thinks Saki is a good person. So you’re saying that the actual character involved is incorrect about Saki’s reaction, while yours is correct based on exactly what in the text?

To reply you must either login or sign up.