Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

^It isn't. Black-haired girl dropped her pen and vice prez handed it back.

I never like it when the cheery/energetic character cries or becomes sad, because it always hits harder...my baby Uda (╥﹏╥)

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah I really like when a story has side couples because they do serve a narrative purpose. Something that you'll notice is that side couples tend to develop at opposite speed to the main couple.

So in a story where the main couple gets together quickly the side couple takes more time, and in stories where the main couple takes a long time to figure themselves out the side couple will come in quick and give you something to look forward to in the middle while the main couple is still full of drama.

In much the same way in this story the main couple gets a lot of development early on, and even gets together pretty quickly so now that the main couple is mostly free of the drama that makes a story the side couple steps up to give the story something to do while also allowing for the main couple to be together without needing to end immediately.

joined Jan 14, 2020

^It isn't. Black-haired girl dropped her pen and vice prez handed it back.

Ah, I'd missed the pen; makes sense now, thanks. Also had been misled by Riri seeming to be looking at Uda, not the pen.

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 1:17PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I think it'll be interesting when Riri has the situation flipped back on her: now she's the one choosing an impossible one-sided love over someone close that cares about her.

Is it really a choice? If love was a choice none of this would be happening.

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 2:07PM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

ah yes, one of the classic love triangles

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 2:16PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I like Uda x Riri as a ship and it was obvious this was the route for Uda, but I feel the author didn't really do a good job setting up their chemistry for me. We are told Uda crushes on Riri, but I don't think there was enough set up yet to really convince me why Uda likes Riri. So far it feels pretty forced and thus awkwardly paced to me even though I am looking forward to where this side pair will go.

ClockworkRaven
Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

Why you do this to our precious Uda bean?!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh yes, such a good way to start a relationship: “badger your crush until you wear them down enough to just accept your proposal cause they are tired of your confessions.”

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 6:34PM

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I like Uda x Riri as a ship and it was obvious this was the route for Uda, but I feel the author didn't really do a good job setting up their chemistry for me. We are told Uda crushes on Riri, but I don't think there was enough set up yet to really convince me why Uda likes Riri. So far it feels pretty forced and thus awkwardly paced to me even though I am looking forward to where this side pair will go.

Yeah there's just a few chapters of the pair and then immediately after that Uda just has a crush on riri.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I dislike Uda and the twins. They are also drawn with the same style...

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I feel like it’s unusual for the “cheerful friend” character to end up dating someone (e.g. Anokiss’ Ai, Lonely Girl’s Honami) so I’m very happy to see this ship play out. Really I’d like anything from this series, the drawings are just so beautiful.

joined May 3, 2014

sorry not sorry they aren’t main couples so you get what you get or don’t.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

sorry not sorry they aren’t main couples so you get what you get or don’t.

Lol there are plenty of series where the side couple get better development than the main couple

last edited at Jul 29, 2022 2:41PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I think it's been fine so far. Uda isn't the kind of person to wrack her brain about the nature of her feelings like Nagisa is. She has fun being with Riri and by reflecting on the relationship between Nagisa and Mashiro, she's coming to realize she likes her. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that for her, though for Riri it definitely will be.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

It's like one of those chains of unrequited love. Eventually someone has to let go of their first love and settle for the person who likes them. I can't say I'm a fan of this setup but hopefully it'll be done right in this story.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

She really can draw characters that you hate...such as the annoying twins.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Actually curious: Has there ever been a school council vice-president in the history of the yuri genre who wasn't at the very least crushing on the (current, former) president? Cannot think of any off the top of my head. :-/

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Why does there need to be a reason for it not to feel forced?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

It just dawn to me that this manga has quite a lot of scenes, especially kissing, that lilies are drawn inside a panel. This used to be standard (hence Yuri), now it is getting rarer and rarer, as if we have a time machine that can go back 20 years ago when it was common to draw lilies all the time.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Agh! So cute and adorable! <3 I'm getting diabetes!

last edited at Aug 24, 2022 10:31AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Aww, love seeing them being cute together!

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Mha hart
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Mah sole

last edited at Aug 24, 2022 11:20AM

joined Feb 1, 2021

This chapter was both cute and lewd (by this series' standards, at least.) The fashion club girl was hilarious - no boys! Only girls! Speaking for both the author and the readers, I think. :P

Also while Uda was very considerate about not revealing Nagisa and Mashiro's relationship earlier, it really seems like the whole school is on the way to finding out anyhow.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

30 minutes later, still no measurements taken

Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

Too. Fucking. CUTE! I'm gonna die. I've died from excessive cute. Sakuragi Sensei has killed me. Just leave a laptop on my grave so I can keep reading this warm, fuzzy goodness as a ghost.

To reply you must either login or sign up.