Forum › The Skirt Sings at the Landing discussion

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

loved the colours on the front page, oh and a nice touch with the credits

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Man I cant stand Shion... She just wont leave Kiki alone, even tho she's the one who broke it off in the first place. Put your fakeass feelings in the trash where you put Kiki and leave her alone, you manipulator. You dont get to act like you did all yhis bc you cared TOO much about her.

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 9:31AM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah I don’t get it- she likes her? So she wants to distance herself cause she assumes it’ll never happen? But still wants to be in her life? I mean it makes sense kinda. I thought the other girl would say “that’s really really stupid”

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Yeah I don’t get it- she likes her? So she wants to distance herself cause she assumes it’ll never happen? But still wants to be in her life? I mean it makes sense kinda. I thought the other girl would say “that’s really really stupid”

I think she did all this to punish Kiki for giving up being Shion's dance partner, the lead namely. I think she's trying to let Kiki fail on her own so she can swoop in with the I told you so's after the fact. I sincerely wish she had called her out on how dumb it is.

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

Shion is kinda annoying

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"You know that doesn't make any sense, right?"
Someone had to say it to her face honestly, come on girl this is all happening because you forced this.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

This better not end in some BS redemption for Shion where she ends up with Kiki at the end because the explanation gave on why she did everything is so stupid enough where your own partner calls you out on it. "I want to be by her side but not with her so let me screw up her life by throwing her to the side but also do every little thing I can to stay by her side as well". LIKE WHAT!? go on somewhere.

Michiru is great for Kiki and their date was very cute even if it was just hanging out. I love how blunt she is and how it seems to throw Kiki through a loop it really helps balance her whimsicalness. Even if she does hate the word cute and when we found out some reason is probably her shallow ass parents told her to just be cute and don't do anything on your own because you're a girl (ugh) I'm calling it now she will end up calling Kiki cute. We even got a little blush from Kiki when they were eating (progress? maybe?). Overall a fun chapter love this series always hate the month long wait for a new one.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I honestly think the hate Shion gets is undeserved and personally i find her pretty interesting as a character. The way she goes about things is honestly pretty suboptimal, even the characters point that out, but I do think that she has good intentions. She's just a hormonal teenager in love and we all know those are prone to erratic behavior xD

She's clearly in love with her best friend, so creating distance between them because she thinks they'd never get together anyway, yet also wanting to stay by her side is really not that novel of a concept in these types of stories.
How she created said distance was very hurtful to Kiki of course and some proper communication would've prevented that but it was to Kiki's benefit in the end, and a necessary step for Kiki to pursue what she actually wants (dancing as a follower). Because she never would've taken that step out of her comfort zone with Shion as her partner, never ever.

So despite how unfortunate the process was, breaking it off as dance partners was a good thing.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Quite a meandering story. Conversely, I had some hazelnut gelato in Italy; flipping amazing.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

It was pretty obvious this was Shion's reason why she's distancing herself, but yeah that doesn't make any sense. I'm rooting more and more now for Michiru. The two got great chemistry

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Giftnova posted:

I honestly think the hate Shion gets is undeserved and personally i find her pretty interesting as a character. The way she goes about things is honestly pretty suboptimal, even the characters point that out, but I do think that she has good intentions. She's just a hormonal teenager in love and we all know those are prone to erratic behavior xD

She's clearly in love with her best friend, so creating distance between them because she thinks they'd never get together anyway, yet also wanting to stay by her side is really not that novel of a concept in these types of stories.
How she created said distance was very hurtful to Kiki of course and some proper communication would've prevented that but it was to Kiki's benefit in the end, and a necessary step for Kiki to pursue what she actually wants (dancing as a follower). Because she never would've taken that step out of her comfort zone with Shion as her partner, never ever.

So despite how unfortunate the process was, breaking it off as dance partners was a good thing.

But you need to realize that Shion had no way to know about Michiru's arrival, in other words her plan was to leave her in despair in her own sorrow and confusion until she quits or something?, all while she still dances with someone else (who btw she found immediately after leaving Kiki so she was prepared) in the club. Teenagers do really stupid things I know but that was awful and completely thoughtless, there are some things that we can't defend just because they're young.

All in all, Kiki and Michiru are well and improving, I feel bad for Shion's partner dealing with all that BS because she's a really nice person but I don't feel bad for Shion at all.

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 1:02PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

But you need to realize that Shion had no way to know about Michiru's arrival, in other words her plan was to leave her in despair in her own sorrow and confusion until she quits or something?, all while she still dances with someone else (who btw she found immediately after leaving Kiki so she was prepared) in the club. Teenagers do really stupid things I know but that was awful and completely thoughtless, there are some things that we can't defend just because they're young.

All in all, Kiki and Michiru are well and improving, I feel bad for Shion's partner dealing with all that BS because she's a really nice person but I don't feel bad for Shion at all.

Oh i definitely don't mean that she's done nothing wrong. She totally has, girl fucked up. I'm just saying that she's not evil and that she's never done anything with the intention to purposefully hurt or punish Kiki, as some seem to think.
She's not a villain who needs to be "redeemed", she's a friend who needs to apologize and learn how to communicate instead of bottling up and think/talk before acting, is all~

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I love Mona and I'm curious to see where her relationship with Shion will go. I find the two of them more interesting than the main couple right now

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Oh i definitely don't mean that she's done nothing wrong. She totally has, girl fucked up. I'm just saying that she's not evil and that she's never done anything with the intention to purposefully hurt or punish Kiki, as some seem to think.
She's not a villain who needs to be "redeemed", she's a friend who needs to apologize and learn how to communicate instead of bottling up and think/talk before acting, is all~

I didn't say she's evil? She just doesn't really care about Kiki, she just wants an unreasonable measure of both control and aloofness over her. It is maipulative of her to abandon Kiki rather than just explain that their dance goals don't line up or whatever. Shion seems to get a lot of her own bad choices from her own controlling parents, and she is trying to both exert control over Kiki as well as abandon her in some kind of weird reflection of that. I would feel more sympathy for Shion if she stopped getting involved behind the scenes and sticking her nose in when she feels like it.

You can't just treat your friend like crap, then keep following her around and pining after her when you're the one who abandoned her first. And you definitely have no room to be jealous of someone like Michiru coming along and befriending Kiki. Shion needs to wake up and grow up, stop trying to have her cake (Kiki being alone by herself and discouraging her to follow her own dreams) and eat it too (Being able to go back to being friends with Kiki).

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 3:56PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Michiru is so cute!!!! Even though she dislikes the word, I’m going to use it.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I want the childhood friend ending

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I suspect Michiru's dislike for cutesy is the same as Kiki's dislike for being the leader at dance - they're essentially pigeonholed into their roles in life due to their respective height without concern for what interests them as people.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I still don't know what Shion's plan was supposed to be, but whatever it was, it was clearly a terrible plan. I guess maybe she doesn't even know.

joined Apr 3, 2021

“Halfie” is a really interesting way of translating “hafu.” It does a good job of making the reader go “hooo wow that’s not great” even when the speaker thinks it’s fine.

joined Jan 14, 2020

What is 'hafu'?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

rainbow8 posted:

What is 'hafu'?

That's how half is pronounced in Japanese, what they meant is someone who is half Japanese.

joined May 3, 2014

First of all, I'd suggest basing judgments on what school they're in on, you know, what they actually say, not on how tall you imagine they should be. Second of all, the average 17-year-old girl in Japan is 5'1". This is the weirdest and most baseless thing to complain about.

Japanese girls are on average about an inch shorter than their Western counterparts and those statistics are probably outdated. And that's a mean average. Based upon statistical distribution there should be a number of girls that are near the mc's height. It's a poorly executed conceit by the aurhor.

chill your taking this way to bloody serious

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

smh everybody missing on the REAL foreshadowing that Michiru is a 'nam veteran

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Mona already told Shion that what she wants (being around Kiki, but not too close) doesn't make sense. So I think the word that is cut off is that Shion's requests are unfair, or selfish. It's not totally clear why Mona is going along with the requests. Maybe she's just a pushover, or she might have a soft spot for Shion?

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 11:58AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Okay, so hear me out—idea for a manga:

There are these two girls, both of them cute, and they’re young—high school-age, say. And something brings them together—club, shared interest, whatever. And as they get closer they have emotions, lots and lots of emotions.

But here’s the kicker—they’re both lesbians in love with each other, but they don’t realize it!

So, possibilities there, maybe?

To reply you must either login or sign up.