Forum › Matazoro. discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks so much to tinybirdwords for sharing this with us! And their diligence getting in touch. Seems like a fun series!

joined Sep 10, 2021

Always like a three comedian trio, remind me of Nichijou and Asobi Asobase
It makes me thinking, we should have a tag for it

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 4:51PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So, what have we here? "Even Slower Start"?

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Nice and cute. Some pretty by the numbers slice of life 4-kome moebloblim but i think there's some spices in here. Koto has repeated a year for having no confidence, Tomoe for no motivation and Shiki no health but maybe this time they all can make it by supporting one another. Also one has to wonder who was the friend that kept waking Koto in the past and why it stoped.

And already shipping Koto x Shiki.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So, what have we here? "Even Slower Start"?

Slowest start

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Now I want one where a bunch of delinquents with even more rarely seen speech patterns have to retake the first year as 18 year olds.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

What's with the above-professional level SFX editing?!!

Edit: This manga is unusually hard to follow. Maybe I'm just not used to 4koma anymore

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 11:47PM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Strange... Baka-updates doesn't have this tagged as yuri, not even as soft gl or subtext. And they usually don't get it wrong when it comes to tags, even less so for series like Matazoro that's been around for 2 years already. As for the magazine, K-Carat isn't exactly known as a yuri venue.

I'll ask just out of dubiousness, are you all adamantly certain this is a yuri manga?

joined Mar 19, 2022

I mean, it doesn't need to be yuri to be on this site. Although I'd like it more if it were yuri.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I've rarely seen school life manga on the topic of repeating a grade, so that already has my attention. On top of that, I think the author has managed to weave ordinarily comedic or grim subjects like poor physical health, poor mental health, and general delinquency into the story without going full slapstick or creating a jarring tone shift (School Zone comes to mind). I find the pacing pretty pleasant too. I'm usually not big on 4koma, but in this case I don't think it really takes away from the manga. I look forward to any future chapters.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

I mean, it doesn't need to be yuri to be on this site. Although I'd like it more if it were yuri.
I think they're talking about how it's listed as Yuri here
It has the Yuri tag

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The choice of wording give these girls more personality, i like their speech patterns already

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Strange... Baka-updates doesn't have this tagged as yuri, not even as soft gl or subtext. And they usually don't get it wrong when it comes to tags, even less so for series like Matazoro that's been around for 2 years already. As for the magazine, K-Carat isn't exactly known as a yuri venue.

I'll ask just out of dubiousness, are you all adamantly certain this is a yuri manga?

No idea about future chapters but a subtext tag surely fits?

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

sol about a bunch of useless dumbasses maybe kinda trying to better themselves? i'm in

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

I think they're talking about how it's listed as Yuri here
It has the Yuri tag

Yes that surprised me too.

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Noice

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

H A U S posted:

Based on previous discussions I'd set the bar for "adamantly certain" at "getting steamy on set with all parties involved consenting fully." This is not that. MangaDex uses the Girls Love tag. The scanlator gave that tag a notable endorsement based on future events. If you're familiar with Slow Start, I would expect the tagging line to be rather similar. About all I have for now.

NARESH4444 posted:

Now I want one where a bunch of delinquents with even more rarely seen speech patterns have to retake the first year as 18 year olds.

I'm in.

last edited at Jul 15, 2022 7:21PM

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Oh frick, I sense Yuru Yuri vibes, but I think this is way better (no hate intended)

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Comedy? Are you kidding? This is terribly sad.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

Ohh yes, I've been waiting for this :)

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

The manga seems cute and I like 4 panel yuri mangas so this will be great.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

There something surprisingly dark and somber about this 4koma comedy.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

There something surprisingly dark and somber about this 4koma comedy.

I wonder how long before it takes a turn.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Comedy? Are you kidding? This is terribly sad.

I wouldn’t say it’s terribly sad. It deals with serious topics sure, but it’s light-hearted about them — I’d describe it as down-to-earth instead. And I really like the way it deals with the topics as well.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I think we can officially say that Koto is one of the most useless human beings alive... poor girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.