Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined Aug 7, 2021

@wlftchtr82 the manga is being released on GANMA!, there you can even see an image preview for the next chapter and the dates. I think ch. 28-1 has already been released but only for GANMA! subscribers.
Its schedule is once every 2 weeks.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Ya, not the last we'll see of that lil psycho I'm sure lol

joined May 24, 2014

Why was she planning to murder someone at a playground in the suburbs? Weird choice of murder venue.

Because she's insane in the membrane.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Why did Maron grab Rina's arm but not try to remove the box cutter?

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Damn a true yandere.....although why did Makino go alone even though she knows how crazy Rina is already....but lmao in true Makino fashion all she can focus on are the lewd acts with Maron. Not even phased she was almost murdered

Makino after some crazy bitch tried to murder her: I sleep

Makino when she can't hire them prostitutes: real shit?

God bless her heart

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 8:45PM

joined Apr 28, 2022

I sure hope that isn't the last we see of her cuz dang that resolution felt anticlimactic lol

I want the scumbags to realize they're not so different and become allies and friends in scimbaggery

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I sure hope that isn't the last we see of her cuz dang that resolution felt anticlimactic lol

I want the scumbags to realize they're not so different and become allies and friends in scimbaggery

The MC is scummy but she's also not trying to murder people with a boxcutter lol

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I know it's in the title and all but I don't really find Makino to be that scummy outside of getting a prostitute, kinda stalking said prostitute, and then falling in love with said prostitute. Maron just seems to be a hooker with a heart of gold and puts up with all of the other stuff it seems because she can't be that oblivious about the stalking part at last lol. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

I know it's in the title and all but I don't really find Makino to be that scummy outside of getting a prostitute, kinda stalking said prostitute, and then falling in love with said prostitute. Maron just seems to be a hooker with a heart of gold and puts up with all of the other stuff it seems because she can't be that oblivious about the stalking part at last lol. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I mean she extorted her sister for money to pay said prostitute and also spends all her money on prostitutes (including lying to her parents to get money for the prostitute) so like
I mean she's also like really lazy and bad at school but those are kinda smaller and less scumbaggy

joined Jan 14, 2020

IIRC the sister 'volunteered' the money, rather than Makino setting out to extort anything.

And there's a huge difference between spending your allowance on sex and, murder.

Rina has moved far beyond scumminess.

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 11:06PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Spending your money on Sex workers by itself is only "scummy" if you think Sex work is inherently immoral, which is isn't so no problem there

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Beware of Gothic Lolita. Best sex and then killing you softly with a box cutter. Officially I am now hopelessly in love with Rinarina. She will be my perfect girlfriend, even though she definitely lack of a few departments...

As to why she chose the playground...the majority of goths usually still love things even when they become adults, and behave so. This is not nostalgia, but genuine interests that never go away as they grow up. Gothic Lolita is just a branch of the subculture. Hence they dress like dolls. A lot of them are also into creepy things such as horror movies, and of course the Addams Family.

I still play with my Barbie dolls to this day, I have a good collection, I am not doing this for anyone else, it is for me myself to have fun.
I hardly wear anything other than black. I used to read Gothic Lolita magazines, starting from Volume one, that was slightly more than 20 years ago, and hard to believe, I still have the figure. My friends and I were actually dressing up like this before the Japanese did, so it was the Japanese who brought the style into main stream. For us, we have to make our own patterns from scratch. Most of us know how to sew. I don't, but I use the serger (Evil Grin).

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 12:40AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

YIKES

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Hell no

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Spending your money on Sex workers by itself is only "scummy" if you think Sex work is inherently immoral, which is isn't so no problem there

Yeah I don't think the MC is scummy because she pays for a sex worker, I think sex work is fine. I just think her personality with how she lies and does so while spending money, the way she accepted her sister's hush money, things like that. Yes her sister offered, but accepting it still feels like a pretty iffy thing to do in my opinion. Of course I know some people here disagree with me, and they think the MC is fine. I just don't agree personally haha

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 2:09AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Why did Maron grab Rina's arm but not try to remove the box cutter?

Don't really want to be fondling a sharp object, and being that aggressive might make Rina lash out in panic

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

damn i was really hoping that was a booty call

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Um ... threatening someone with a weapon and then leaving with a threat ... that's kind of when you call the police...

On a side note, looking at 110, I momentarily forgot my own emergency number - so many countries numbers to remember.

Relopokilolo
Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Usually, when cutesy manga have a moe art style and then do dark stuff there's subtle things drawn differently to make the scene feel serious

Its very jarring seeing rinarina threaten to stab our mc with no changes to the moe blob style lol

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I mean she extorted her sister for money to pay said prostitute and also spends all her money on prostitutes (including lying to her parents to get money for the prostitute) so like
I mean she's also like really lazy and bad at school but those are kinda smaller and less scumbaggy

She did not extort her sister, she has at no point shown any intent to hurt her on any way, bis sis offered a sibling bribe out of nowhere

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

She did not extort her sister, she has at no point shown any intent to hurt her on any way, bis sis offered a sibling bribe out of nowhere

accepting the bribe is still a reprimendable attitude, she could just say “lol sis i won’t say anything anyways, but I do accept the money”

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Bitch tried to hurt my darling baby Makino.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Um ... threatening someone with a weapon and then leaving with a threat ... that's kind of when you call the police...

She can't, because that would get Maron (and the rest of the brothel) in trouble too.

last edited at Jul 9, 2022 1:14AM

joined Feb 10, 2022

What does *** and ****** mean? Im kinda curious

joined Aug 29, 2019

What does *** and ****** mean? Im kinda curious

I guess not knowing is probably more interesting than knowing in this case :D

I wonder what the issue with her parents is gonna be, if it's her sister's relationship, some revenge stunt Rinarina's pulling or if they really are upset with Makino.

To reply you must either login or sign up.