Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

This website has me so desensitized to incest that I legit didn't even think about it. I am peeking at the comments because I was surprised by the last chapter's credit page.

Were people really that upset? If Lene or her brother had been wee little beans who were being taken advantage of I'd understand, but they're grown adults?

I think there are three main reasons: Firstly unlike a bunch of other manga on this site, it's in a series that is multiple chapters and otherwise takes itself seriously with these topics instead of being a one shot so it's harder to ignore. Second, it involves a character who we rather liked until SURPISE incest with pretty much very little or no warning. On top of that we are expected to approve of their "forbidden love". And third, and most simply: It's a straight incest romance in a manga where the main couple is two girls. It had a bullseyes of "Why" on it. And based on what the others said, we never see them again so it ended up being kinda pointless...

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

This website has me so desensitized to incest that I legit didn't even think about it. I am peeking at the comments because I was surprised by the last chapter's credit page.

Were people really that upset? If Lene or her brother had been wee little beans who were being taken advantage of I'd understand, but they're grown adults?

I think there are three main reasons: Firstly unlike a bunch of other manga on this site, it's in a series that is multiple chapters and otherwise takes itself seriously with these topics instead of being a one shot so it's harder to ignore. Second, it involves a character who we rather liked until SURPISE incest with pretty much very little or no warning. On top of that we are expected to approve of their "forbidden love". And third, and most simply: It's a straight incest romance in a manga where the main couple is two girls. It had a bullseyes of "Why" on it. And based on what the others said, we never see them again so it ended up being kinda pointless...

They probably don't appear again (at least, Lambert won't) because the author realized that was kind of a mistake.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Yaaay, The most hated, best character appears. This'll be fun

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Relaire with the fountain pen, what will they write?

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

This arc wouldn't have been so long if manaria decided to quit crying about it and stopped shoving her trifles of unrequited love for a random ass maid onto Rei.
Honestly depending on the day I either hate Manaria or am fine by her. Today is the day I despise her

Relaire with the fountain pen, what will they write?

The IFTV Light Novel

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 12:15PM

joined Mar 10, 2017

Translator-sama, please keep using "Onee-sama". Thank you!

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 12:11PM

joined Oct 21, 2020

This is not thrilling to me. This is more like trash, I'm assuming that the creator of this manga is making us mad for her own happiness. Now, I want to punch my phone and throw it as hard as I can! Hehe good luck for enduring your angry y'all! No cause like, why did she even do that? Making us wait for another chapter and endure our rage?? How is that even ACCEPTABLE hm? Like I'm typing this while my heart is full of rage and madness I WANT TO THROW MY PHONE AND PUNCH IT AHHHHHHHHHHHGGGHGGHGYYGG

joined Oct 21, 2020

This is not thrilling to me. This is more like trash, I'm assuming that the creator of this manga is making us mad for her own happiness. Now, I want to punch my phone and throw it as hard as I can! Hehe good luck for enduring your angry y'all! No cause like, why did she even do that? Making us wait for another chapter and endure our rage?? How is that even ACCEPTABLE hm? Like I'm typing this while my heart is full of rage and madness I WANT TO THROW MY PHONE AND PUNCH IT AHHHHHHHHHHHGGGHGGHGYYGG

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

not having read the LN, I really do just have to wonder what Manaria is playing at. Because as I don't know how things will go from here and I do not want to be told I can easily see this go either of both ways, where Manaria is doing this because she thinks rivalling around for a bit would help the two grow closer together, or there's no hidden agenda and she's just decided that if Rei is going to limit herself to staying by Claire's side then Claire is fair game.

Of course she could have super hidden agenda and we'll get a surprise politics out of her but who knows.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 12:15PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh was that how Manaria looked like? I guess it has been a while since I saw a picture of her so I forgot. Well as someone who has read the LN I know this arc can be pretty dumb in several ways, but at least it will lead to good things so eh.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I feel like she's probably doing this to make sure she'll actually be worthy for her love. Also as a way to get them to realize she's not the same as the original side character in the VN.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Heed my words. I am Manaria, Blade of Sousse. And I have never known defeat."

joined Dec 19, 2021

I'm so angry at her but I know that Claire and rei end game so less anger

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Manaria seems like exactly what Rei needs to get out of her shell of complacency. Nothing like some romantic rivalry to make the MC actually get off their ass and make their honey theirs

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Manaria has nuance and is a nuisance. She's necessary so I won't complain yet.

This arc is a bit painful, and where I most appreciated the canon parallel novels. "She's so Cheeky For a Commoner!" adds a lot here, mostly Claire's perspective and wavering heart, and more about how her followers and roommate think of her mood.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 3:12PM

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

for me I don't think Manaria ever helped in that as she was already very flirty with claire for a while now. And while I haven't read the novel in a while nothing really changed in their personalities and how they acted around eachother. Rei was still flirty and Claire was still tsundere. The only thing I could say is that I think hyphen hyphen(take all I say with a grain of salt) it made their bonds a bit stronger.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, as nice as this chapter was, the most fun part was keeping an eye on Relaire. :D

Which reminds me, bad Relaire, no scribbling in people's textbooks!

Also, great credits page. :D

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO
NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO
NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO
NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO
NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO
NEW CHAPTER LET'S GO

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 5:45PM

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Is manaria here yet? I stopped reading the manga awhile ago.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Is manaria here yet? I stopped reading the manga awhile ago.

She was literally just introduced in today's chapter.

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Ah, as nice as this chapter was, the most fun part was keeping an eye on Relaire. :D

Which reminds me, bad Relaire, no scribbling in people's textbooks!

Also, great credits page. :D

Realire's constant apparitions here are truly the best part about the manga (over the light novels).

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 5:18PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I had seen other people say that this new character was controversial and I am definetely curious to see how this new character develops. While that ending to the chapter does imply love triangle/ntr, I don't get the feeling that this character is romantically interested in Claire and is more trying to mess with Rei. This doesn't seem so polarizing so far so I am curious if she will do something stupid.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 6:14PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

'Bout time the main protagonist got a real challenge.

VariousThrenodies
joined Jun 26, 2022

Dread it, run from it, NTR arrives all the same.

joined Mar 23, 2022

I see having Manaria in this story has a purpose to wake up rei on her set up boundaries with claire though she kinda rubs me in a wrong way I personally enjoyed her arc coming in the novel especially the contest part so excited for it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.