Forum › Posts by Bhrjr

Bhrjr
Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Is it just me or doesn't Seija feel "exactly" like Garou from OPM? With both somewhat fancying themselves as villainous underdogs, with Shinyoumaru somewhat taking the role of Tareo.

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

This website has me so desensitized to incest that I legit didn't even think about it. I am peeking at the comments because I was surprised by the last chapter's credit page.

Were people really that upset? If Lene or her brother had been wee little beans who were being taken advantage of I'd understand, but they're grown adults?

I think there are three main reasons: Firstly unlike a bunch of other manga on this site, it's in a series that is multiple chapters and otherwise takes itself seriously with these topics instead of being a one shot so it's harder to ignore. Second, it involves a character who we rather liked until SURPISE incest with pretty much very little or no warning. On top of that we are expected to approve of their "forbidden love". And third, and most simply: It's a straight incest romance in a manga where the main couple is two girls. It had a bullseyes of "Why" on it. And based on what the others said, we never see them again so it ended up being kinda pointless...

They probably don't appear again (at least, Lambert won't) because the author realized that was kind of a mistake.

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

On a side note, just because "the protagonist eventually learns how to counteract their poison", somehow Rei can magically do it right at this moment? When did she even learn this?! If it was some sort of medicine that she made, it could make sense, but how can she just heal it magically? When. Did she. Learn this.

At any point off screen? From Rei's POV she's in a game she's played a lot, she knows what's going to happen. I assume that includes "enemies use this poison".

Sure thing, but if she has yet to encounter the poison in the first place, how would she go about finding the cure? Whatever, this wasn't the first time (nor is it gonna be the last probably) that something like this happens in the story... Rei just magically knows how to do things because she played the game, even when that knowledge almost certainly wouldn't actually be available within the game itself.

I mean she does use literal magic to heal him... but you could probably chalk this one up to a bootstrap paradox too.

What do you mean with "bootstrap paradox" here? Are you suggesting that the Rei of the game later knew how to neutralize the poison because Rei does it here? Cause that wouldn't work since the Rei of the game was separate to the one that's been isekai'd (or at least that's what we've been led to believe so far).

Bhrjr thanks, but I don't read spoilers for series I'm following. I probably will if (when?) I get so fed up with this that I decide to drop it though.

Then why are you even following it for? What enjoyment are you getting from it, exactly? Nothing in this novel seems to be your cup of tea.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 1:34AM

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

I'm so annoyed with this again. Couldn't keep the sarcasm out of my post

Hey, do you want me to spoil you the entire thing so you can be done with it?

Actually, I might as well as just tell you the brief gist of things so you don't waste any more time. Here goes:
After this, there's this overseas student that's a childhood friend of Claire and she can use all 4 elements. She's pretty much there to advance Rei's and Claire relationship to intimate.
After that, Claire goes to Rei's hometown, where she meets Rei's family and some shenanigans happen; Claire learns how the poor are suffering etc.
It turns out Prince Yuu was forced to become a man. So Rei concocts a plan that would turn him back to a woman and live in peace with Misa. The king was impressed by Rei, so he promotes Rei, Claire, and a girl named Lily as his personal investigators.
Their job is to snuff out corrupt nobles, where there's this one guy that's working with the empire, and his daughter is Lily. He inserted an alter ego inside her, and that's the masked figure in this chapter.
Eventually, the king dies, commoners revolt, and the guy with the empire sides with the rebels to bring them under the control of the empire. In the meantime, Claire turns herself in to the rebels out of guilt, and Rei has to rescue her.
Eventually, she does, Lily is back to normal, the guy working with the empire goes to jail, the country is reformed, and Rei and Claire get married and adopt a twin. One of them can use all 4 elements and the other becomes a master swordswoman.

Then there's a sequel, where Rei and Claire go to the empire as transfer students to basically destroy it from within. There's this warmongering empress and they have use her daughter to bring her down.
But it turns out that she was expanding her empire in order to amass a force against the demon queen. The demon queen is the real Rei, where it turns out that Rei and Claire were actually scientists in the past who created a loop system to save the dying population.
In short, the loop system allowed Rei to reincarnate countless times and romance Claire that many number of times, but eventually she got tired of it. Since the only thing she cares about is Claire, she couldn't accept this and decided to destroy the world.
Back in the present day, Rei, Claire, and now the empire all team up to fight this evil Rei, where there's this A.I. that had her administrative power taken by evil Rei and have to get it back.
Once they defeat evil Rei, the A.I. then turns on them and erases Claire from everyone's memory because the admin power was passed off to Claire.
So Rei has to go on a rescue mission for Claire again, and succeeds. Then happy ending.

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Wow things are really changing now. Thought this was just going to stay contained to school things like other villainess stories. I am quite curious if the princes will start looking into Rei after her being able to heal the prince.

The princes will probably do nothing, since that seems to be their main role in the story. But if we're lucky enough, Prince Rodd may also get a haircut, he could really use one.

"Would that really be the case if Lene was, say, more than just a sister to you?"
That's it I'm out
...Is what I wish I would have said and yet I came back (after a considerably long break)
Why can't I convince myself to drop this already?!

"If I make a single mistake you'll burn to a crisp"
Please do

This chapter was disappointing in more ways than I could have expected: first we get the Lene×Whatever-his-name-was reveal, which... I'd really rather do without, then we get Claire's frustratingly good magic control, which regrettably left Rei intact, and then we get Prince Thane's beautiful hair cut off. How much more do you think I can take author?! (Jokes aside, I'm loving the new hair too —again, why wasn't Prince Thane more popular???)

Are we supposed to feel sorry about Lene and her brother...? Cause they literally made this whole scheme with the goal of killing all the nobles there in mind, Claire clearly included... Oh, but Lene was so sad when their eyes met...! Almost made me tear up

Also, weren't they planning to leave the country to get married? So they didn't even actually care about the revolution? I'd say that Claire is giving Lene too much credit here by blaming her attitude for this lol

On a side note, just because "the protagonist eventually learns how to counteract their poison", somehow Rei can magically do it right at this moment? When did she even learn this?! If it was some sort of medicine that she made, it could make sense, but how can she just heal it magically? When. Did she. Learn this.

I'm so annoyed with this again. Couldn't keep the sarcasm out of my post

Hey, do you want me to spoil you the entire thing so you can be done with it?

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

I envy all you lucky people whose ears don't automatically hear Naga the White Serpent whenever that laugh comes up...

I looked it up. Can anyone explain to me why I looked it up.

One thing about this chapter and which is a general thing about this story is that, as others have pointed out, Rei's ambitions are very limited to protecting Claire. What I think is very interesting though is how Rei is a goofy thirsty idiot most of the time, but can turn into this ruthless predator when it comes to protecting Claire. We see it in this chapter where she doesn't hesitate at all to put Claire to sleep and basically command Lene, something that is completely out of her usual character. Even her facial expressions are markedly different from her usual self, it's like a completely different side of her.

[...] Personally, I think that what makes her a good and interesting character. She is not interested in being good, in being the hero. She's scheming, she's ruthless and could just as easily become a believable villain, it's all down to the circumstances.

Even though I get how that can make for a more interesting character, and it's not like I was expecting or wanted her to actively try and stop the revolution, I just can't bring myself to like her. I don't know why, since I've definitely seen characters in other works that seem to be fixated on only a single person, with little care what happens to the rest *cough cough* Sorawo *cough*, who I've really liked. Maybe it's how this author seems to have gone out of their way to tell us practically nothing at all about this person, other than the fact that she likes Claire and wants to protect her. Like, who is Rei? At least in the manga, we know next to nothing about her and tbh this secrecy seems to only feed my dislike, rather than intrigue me. Also, the way she acts like two completely different people makes her usual behavior seem insincere to me. I'm not saying that it was, I'm just saying that, to me, her happy-go-lucky attitude —when she clearly knew what was coming and had probably been planning what to do all this time— feels fake. I can't believe I came to like the ohoho-ing ojousama more than her....

It might be because there's nothing really compelling about her fixation with Claire, where it mostly feels like she's in love with Claire just because. Maybe Sorawo's a different case.

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

I haven't seen anyone point this out, so:
I don't remember if the manga already talked about it, but most of the cast member are supposed to be 16. And Rei used to be a salarywoman before coming to this world.
So wouldn't that mean someone who's in her early to mid-20s has a crazy romantic obsession with someone that's only 16?

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Has anyone wondered why Rei loves Claire so much? I guess she'd find Claire as maybe a escapism from her work, but they don't have any real common interests, at least ones I can think of.
Claire likes to be involved in politics and the welfare of many (which Rei tries to stay out), whereas Rei was more focused on how lesbians and other sexuality were ostracized.

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Also, a bit late to the party but in regards to types of revolutions As much as I enjoy this series I'll definitely say that the politics behind most of these things are pretty sketchy, Inori sensei seems to have a pretty (standard) myopic vision of politics that basically starts and ends with the modern japanese state. I'm still waiting for some solid anti-capitalist yuri, I know it's out there somewhere.

Inori-sensei is just one of many romance writers who try to spice their romance with political machinations without understanding how different kinds of power arrangements and long-standing structures work. Then again, I cannot imagine that the Japanese publishing industry is too keen on biting the hand the feeds it by publishing actual anti-capitalist content. Limitations of the medium, I guess.

EDIT: About a year ago, there was a guy named Kirin around here who also loved this topic... I bet he could've written a novel on this thing alone. :D Sadly, he hasn't posted anything since January, and I wonder what happened to him...

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

I do not think it is stupid to latch on a person, even a fictional one, as a beacon of hope when you are on the edge of just giving up on life. Whatever helps you get away from that edge and starting to feel alive again is fine by me. I personally have never experienced such attachment to a character, but I imagine that if I did and then got to meet them in person, I'd feel pretty much the same way as Rei.

Hey, maybe the sketchy politics can be justified since it's an Otome game, not a "historically authentic" fantasy game.

Bhrjr
Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

I tried to quote a comment, where I made a mistake and ended up spamming. (I deleted the comments) Is there a way you could pass it off as an error?

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Just to make things clear, the title was originally “Chinpo wa Doko ni? Kimi no Mata no!”, referencing Yuuki wa Doko ni? Kimi no Mune ni!

last edited at Sep 3, 2021 1:52PM

Bhrjr
Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Pg 8 of chapter 10 of Love Live 4-koma was fixed.
(Nothng to Nothing)
https://imgur.com/a/hvLDPAD

Bhrjr
Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Pg 10 of Ayumu Tapestry comic was sideways, now fixed.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1153356/10

Bhrjr
Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Stinking Rich Marie-Chan ch03: 21-30
Small errors on pages 4 and 6 were fixed.
https://bhrjrblog.tumblr.com/post/638023546568949760/stinking-rich-marie-chan-21-30-aiai-full-size

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Hello, I'm planning to scan and translate Nijigasaki Tapestry Comics, where I would appreciate if anyone could be a redrawer for me.
The said tapestry comic:
http://gs.dengeki.com/news/142091/
In case if you want to contact me:
My discord user id is: Bhrjr#3086
My twitter id is: @Bhrjr2001

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 6:53PM