Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Anyone knows which magazine this manga is from?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Anyone actually know what the meaning of the title is? "Anemone is in heat", Isn't it Anemone means buttercup the flower? What does that has to do with heat?

wanderin_weeb
joined Mar 25, 2021

This manga is just too damn adorable. I was having a bad day today and it just instantly turned my mood around.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Anyone knows which magazine this manga is from?

Manga Time Kirara Forward

Anyone actually know what the meaning of the title is? "Anemone is in heat", Isn't it Anemone means buttercup the flower? What does that has to do with heat?

The Anemone refers to Nagisa. I don't know why specifically it's her symbol, but a lot of panels depict her as surrounded by anemone flowers. The heat is more ambiguous, but it's probably a metaphor for Nagisa's feelings.

See also the untranslated tagline "The girl doesn't know her heat", and the author's rephrasing "Anemone ending up in heat" (vol 3 extra, afterword), which imply the heat to be growing.

The author also pointed out in the vol 3 extra that the anemone flower on the cover becomes more fully red with each volume.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch6_5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch18_5

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

this is so sweet im getting cavities

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

this is so sweet im getting cavities

It's as sweet and fluffy as freshly whipped cream!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I love how this series keeps doing this thing where like, it sets up the possibility of a big misunderstanding, where the characters lie to try and keep secrets from each other. And then the following chapter is communication where it all works out well, without any kinda misunderstanding

It's such a nice chance of pace.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I remember Uda, but I don't remember Riri at all. :|

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

The Anemone refers to Nagisa. I don't know why specifically it's her symbol, but a lot of panels depict her as surrounded by anemone flowers. The heat is more ambiguous, but it's probably a metaphor for Nagisa's feelings.

See also the untranslated tagline "The girl doesn't know her heat", and the author's rephrasing "Anemone ending up in heat" (vol 3 extra, afterword), which imply the heat to be growing.

The author also pointed out in the vol 3 extra that the anemone flower on the cover becomes more fully red with each volume.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch6_5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch18_5

so it means her love grows by each chapter and she is big gay, got it

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

Uda is a treasure, favorite side character in a long time. UdaxRiri is wonderful, I think they're great for each other. I think it'll be interesting when Riri has the situation flipped back on her: now she's the one choosing an impossible one-sided love over someone close that cares about her. A fun story to read :)

I'm always glad when stories progress past the characters figuring out what love is, and that they share it. I think this'll be end up a longtime favorite.

FreyjaWolfieN65
Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

aghhh it's cute but it's also painful to keep watching nagisa flail around unknowingly with her feelings QAQ i hope once they realize what their relationship is they stay tgt TwT

joined Oct 12, 2021

ohhh naurrrrrrr i be crying.....

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It's funny how the main couple got together with little to no drama and it's the side couple that has to go through love triangle woes. Expected development though, I hope Riri will start seeing Uda in a different light as they spend more time together. I can always count on this manga to be extremely cute so I have little doubt about things not getting ugly but rather still lighthearted.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
NOW SHE'S CRYING
YOU BASTARD

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 8:49AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

oh no, a side couple, who would have thought ? I'm starting to be a bit annoyed lately about side characters being pair with each other, it's like the author can't think of something for the main couple but still need to do more chapters so they introduce a side couple so they can continue.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

AWWW NOOO DONT DO THAT TO HER NOOOOOO

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And finally she realizes her own feelings...

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Oof... That last page/panel honestly made me cry. That little ball of energy never shows weakness or sadness and to see her slump break down and cry really got to me.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

oh no, a side couple, who would have thought ? I'm starting to be a bit annoyed lately about side characters being pair with each other, it's like the author can't think of something for the main couple but still need to do more chapters so they introduce a side couple so they can continue.

They're characters that have been around more or less from the start, why not take the chance to develop them? It's not like they've been just introduced.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They're characters that have been around more or less from the start, why not take the chance to develop them? It's not like they've been just introduced.

You can developp them without being pairing them together. Like, there is no need for all side characters to have someone by the end of the manga. you can develop a character outside of romantic feelings.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
Ah sure, but Riri was introduced with her unrequited crush on the president so we knew what to expect.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

In all honesty, I actually like it when there’s side pairings in a story, especially if they’d been with us from the start. We get to explore different dynamics of a couple other than the main one. I’ve read a couple of series that I got more invested in the side ships and wanted to see more but they didn’t get enough screen time, so seeing the opposite here feels refreshing.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Ouch, my heart

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

she sad gay

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch21#7

top two panels seem out of order

isn't true of the rest of the page so I guess the mangaka goofed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.