Forum › My Favorite Idol Became My Little Sister discussion

joined Aug 10, 2016

what is it with Kawai Roh manga and getting the translation left in limbo?

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

sooo true bestie

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What she could have said: I just want to be an elder sister you dingus

What she did say: even of you have bad points you also have good points so I'm not being wierd when I want to have some relationship with you

Apricot

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Man if Kawai Roh wants me to root for the characters, (s)he's failing hard. Chapter 5 has been especially annoying.

"You're rude, an idiot and play an innocent character for your fans -> you must be so kind to work hard for them"

NO, she's just behaving like an an asshole to pump her ego and get money. I fail to see any kindness. Amazing that a supposedly smart girl would come to such a conclusion.
She has no redeeming qualities as of now, just an entitled dumbass. Even when receiving help she can't say thank you and calls her tutor naive (yeah yeah tsundere Spiel, but at this point fuck that)

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 6:32PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Man if Kawai Roh wants me to root for the characters, (s)he's failing hard. Chapter 5 has been especially annoying.

"You're rude, an idiot and play an innocent character for your fans -> you must be so kind to work hard for them"

NO, she's just behaving like an an asshole to pump her ego and get money. I fail to see any kindness. Amazing that a supposedly smart girl would come to such a conclusion.
She has no redeeming qualities as of now, just an entitled dumbass. Even when receiving help she can't say thank you and calls her tutor naive (yeah yeah tsundere Spiel, but at this point fuck that)

Your points are a bit contradictory. That is, you have a reasonable point that her working hard to fake being nice for the idol work does not imply kindness. Which is to say, you totally agree with idol-chan that the girl is being naive.

So it seems a bit harsh to get on her case for saying exactly what you think. Especially since in context, the implication is self-deprecating . . . she's saying no, I'm not nice like you say. More than being harsh on the other girl, she's showing an insecure inability to take a compliment . . . or an honest if negative assessment of her own personality, or somewhere between the two.

Really, this is the classic point where a tsun turns to tsundere; the admission that you act like a jerk is the prerequisite for not acting as much like a jerk, and of course she shows that in the next scene, where she drops the no-association-in-public nonsense that she had been doing, with a thin excuse.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

I was fearing that this got dropped, I'm really glad it didn't, thanks for translating!! This chapter was really cute, too lol Ichika is so kind

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I definitely need a shirt that says pancakes.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

She has so many food related shirts

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

She better be start being nice to her from now.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

She's starting to turn, but I wonder what will be the definite action that will make her like her.

joined Apr 28, 2019

ligma balls

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I feel so sorry for Akane. I doubt being so bitter and spiteful is actually in her nature, but when all your personal interactions - as a child - require concealing everything about either your work life or your personal life, that has to be immensely stressful. It's hardly surprising she would lash out at the one person that really knows about her double-life.

I can't dislike her for thinking her fans are disgusting, because looking from the outside in they disgust me too. They're so obsessed with their delusions that they fail to recognize there's a person behind the performer. I mean, just look at Ichika. She starts calling her Kanon every time before remembering she isn't Kanon, she's Akane. And heck, that fellow idol is just as obsessed with the "Kanon" character as any of the fans.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just reading way too much into something that's meant to be entirely light-hearted. I just don't see a way for Akane to find any positives in her life outside of her relationship with Ichika changing into something immensely empathetic and supportive, which feels a bit far-fetched considering the tone so far.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"They're so obsessed with their delusions that they fail to recognize there's a person behind the performer."

I mean, most of them don't interact with her much if at all, and if she's projecting a persona, it's natural to interact with that.

Img_20220328_194155
joined Mar 28, 2022

I really appreciate the way Akane is portrayed in this manga as an idol fan myself. I'm sure many idols have sometimes felt that way especially if they entered it young. I see idol-fan relationships (not in the romantic sense) as having a silent agreement to pretend things are as they seem to be. But now that Ichika's actually interacting with Kanon as Akane, she's gonna have to learn to separate the two. I don't see this going the romance route tbh. I feel like it'll be more of a "fan learns to treat their idol as family since now they're literally family".

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

"They're so obsessed with their delusions that they fail to recognize there's a person behind the performer."

I mean, most of them don't interact with her much if at all, and if she's projecting a persona, it's natural to interact with that.

Well yeah, but there's interacting with a persona, and then there's failing to understand that the persona is a persona. I meant the latter. Believing that the persona is a real person, rather than a performance being put on by a person.

You don't see a movie and say "Gee whiz, I wonder what James Bond is like in person?" because the actor and the act are separate entities. You don't go to handshake events for James Bond, you don't cheer James Bond on at concerts (though that might actually be pretty cool...), you might have James Bond posters on your wall, but they're not posters for a person, they're posters for a movie. Everyone knows Bond isn't real, and to pass him off as real would be laughable.

Idol personas, on the other hand, need to be seen as both the act and the actor. You're selling the fantasy of an ideal person. Nobody finds out Daniel Craig has a wife and sends him death threats because James Bond is supposed to remain single (...hopefully). Idols seen being close with a man do. It's like if the paparazzi were obsessed with finding dirt on James Bond instead of an actor. Which, frankly, would be a really bad idea. He has a license to kill.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that idols should be allowed to carry deadly weapons and exercise lethal force at their own discretion.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"What a gross otaku." "Total creep." "Way too gross."

I'm usually on the side of Ichika, but this time... girl went too far. Even for me. Yeah.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Starvation diets are either gonna end with an eating disorder or you getting fatter in the long run, don't do em kids.

If you really need a crash diet then go for the 0 carbs one, it's not healthy either but it will show results

joined Mar 31, 2013

Starvation diets are either gonna end with an eating disorder or you getting fatter in the long run, don't do em kids.

If you really need a crash diet then go for the 0 carbs one, it's not healthy either but it will show results

Extremely low carb is pretty healthy, just really difficult to stick to

which describes a lot of diets, I guess

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

On a similar note, remember that it's normal for your weight to vary from day to day (or even within a day), so it's important to look at trends in your weight, not just the raw number.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

And teenagers are still growing, so fair chance their weight will grow too.

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 2:06AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Extremely low carb is pretty healthy, just really difficult to stick to

which describes a lot of diets, I guess

There is no single best diet, for an office workers who sits down all day then low carbs is an idea but if you are physically active then carbs become pretty handy

Also carbs are the most cost effective calories out there

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

I really appreciate the way Akane is portrayed in this manga as an idol fan myself. I'm sure many idols have sometimes felt that way especially if they entered it young. I see idol-fan relationships (not in the romantic sense) as having a silent agreement to pretend things are as they seem to be. But now that Ichika's actually interacting with Kanon as Akane, she's gonna have to learn to separate the two. I don't see this going the romance route tbh. I feel like it'll be more of a "fan learns to treat their idol as family since now they're literally family".

Yeah, Ichika might change her feelings for Kanon as time flows (imeanfamily-like), then Kanon might develop romantic feelings lol, I want that reversal.

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 1:17PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Intermittent fasting is pretty harmless, but if you have the money just see a nutritionist and set something up with your goals in mind. If not, it's just calories in and calories out, no need to try to optimize it with fad diets. Eat more salads. Commit to getting 18,000 steps a day.

I do still wonder if either the being sickly thing is just a trope or Japan suffers from widespread malnutrition. Unless something else is wrong, people don't usually pass out from not eating a meal or two.

joined Jun 10, 2022

Meh, this doesn't do it for me. The setup is way too artificial, it's totally unrealistic for somebody's first statement towards the person they're going to be living with to be calling them a dumbass unprovoked. You could say it's a stage persona without trying to deny your new sister a chance to even get along with you.

The main thing I think you are forgetting is how different she is to her stage persona - how she thinks those kinda fans are dumasses for believing she is that kinda person and probably resents them and the role she is stuck in- and she KNOWS her new sister is one of the most fanatical and therefor gullible of her fans.

Ofcourse she is gonna hold her in very low esteem and does NOT want her bringing those stage expectations into her home- probably the one place she can be fully her real self.

That is obviously also just her real personality- she is a realist / pessimist- and seemingly just not open to being friendly with her atm. I dont see anything unrealistic about it really,

even so, instead of getting friendly with her new sister, confiding in chika about her job so that they both get to know each other better, akane chose to be rude, calling her new sister Dumbass, Pig?
Is that what you call reality?
Nonsense, bullshit!
How long has it been? What? I ask you? How long has it been since you talked to other people and let your normal thinking become silly like this?
build situations that are too contrived, artificial, and unfounded. it's so bad but you still consider it realistic?
touch the grass!

joined Apr 16, 2022

"Actually, don't need to hear it to know you're the one being weird."

Ichika's friends are the real MVPs

To reply you must either login or sign up.