Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri (Side Stories) discussion

joined Apr 7, 2016

You know, I was on-board with Saori x Shizuku because of how they were taking their time with it, but now that it's clear Saori has the same habit as Iori with hitting their partner to show affection, I kinda lost interest. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand how violently hitting your partner is supposed to show affection, especially when your partner comes from a background where violence was regularly inflicted on them in traumatic ways.

Guess I'll stick to Heke x Shinohara, then.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

saizon posted:

You know, I was on-board with Saori x Shizuku because of how they were taking their time with it, but now that it's clear Saori has the same habit as Iori with hitting their partner to show affection, I kinda lost interest. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand how violently hitting your partner is supposed to show affection, especially when your partner comes from a background where violence was regularly inflicted on them in traumatic ways.

Guess I'll stick to Heke x Shinohara, then.

It's the whole series gimmick since the beginning. Even Heke x Shinohara have some moments where Shinohara smacks Heke.

The only couple with no violence at all is the Kujou x Sugimoto one (but they have other issues).

As for Shizuku, the first time she shows up, she literally uses violence on Minami.

It's supposed to be used for comedic effect, but also to show that the characters have difficulties expressing their love in other ways, because their experience of love was skewed from the beginning.

I can understand some people feel uncomfortable with it, but at this point, they should know that's how the series rolls and so ignore it if it pains them.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 8:06AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

You know, Saori... Shizuku is right. Being hit all the time is kind of annoying, so could you please stop doing that? Hugs and kisses tend to have a way better Return On Investment.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 1:56PM

joined Apr 30, 2022

They become couple faster than I thought. Previous chapter when their relationship broke up, I thought there would be many problems that they need to deal.

night7894296
joined Apr 30, 2022

I don't think Saori has been getting over Iori yet. After Saori and Shizuku had such a fight, I don't think Saori would order her thoughts just by what Minami said either.

I mean, it's good to see that they finally become a couple, and I still love their story the most in whole series. I just feel their relationship is going too fast somehow.

last edited at Jun 7, 2022 12:09AM

joined Jan 11, 2022

Love this series, the comedic violence is a non-issue for me. I think it actually makes the story more believable in certain circumstances, this is a manga largely about delinquents after all.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I don't think Saori has been getting over Iori yet. After Saori and Shizuku had such a fight, I don't think Saori would order her thoughts just by what Minami said either.

I mean, it's good to see that they finally become a couple, and I still love their story the most in whole series. I just feel their relationship is going too fast somehow.

Maybe the next few chapters about them is gonna reveal that Saori still hasn't really fully moved on or has fully committed to loving Shizuku. While Shizuku will probably commit to it now? Not sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if their troubles still hasn't been resolved, they have the wackiest love troubles out of all the couples imo.

night7894296
joined Apr 30, 2022

Maybe the next few chapters about them is gonna reveal that Saori still hasn't really fully moved on or has fully committed to loving Shizuku. While Shizuku will probably commit to it now? Not sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if their troubles still hasn't been resolved, they have the wackiest love troubles out of all the couples imo.

I agree, at least they need to tell each other that they both have been getting over Iori and Minami.

By the way, I think Shizuku has been getting over Minami long time ago. For now, Shizuku just consider Minami is her best friend. Maybe in ch.2 when Shizuku replied Saori "We both fell in love with hopeless people, didn't we?" She is talking about Saori, not Minami I guess.

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 5:29AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I agree, at least they need to tell each other that they both have been getting over Iori and Minami.

By the way, I think Shizuku has been getting over Minami long time ago. For now, Shizuku just consider Minami is her best friend. Maybe in ch.2 when Shizuku replied Saori "We both fell in love with hopeless people, didn't we?" She is talking about Saori, not Minami I guess.

Ooooooooooooh that would be really good, Id feel so bad for Shizuku, poor girl still having love troubles even after dating her.

night7894296
joined Apr 30, 2022

Ooooooooooooh that would be really good, Id feel so bad for Shizuku, poor girl still having love troubles even after dating her.

Yeah, I had the same thought. And that's why Saori is the best for Shizuku. Perhaps Minami or Shizuku's Ex-girlfriend can understand her tragedy, but it only makes her being hung up on past stuff. Saori won't allow her decadent, and she will make her live in the present. They both can give each other salvation.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Tasked failed successfully?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

OG VA EM RE!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I never did ask..which magazine is this manga being serialized? It will be good and important to know. Oh, of course, I love the characters of this manga. Somehow the characters match each other perfectly even though by themselves will be odd balls or self destructive.

An alcoholic's control freak little sister dating an ex Juvenal delinquent who still acts like one because she no longer trusts anyone; with the exception of her best friend who was also a fellow ex delinquent from the same facility, but now being a productive member of the society (and the ONLY person who actually acts like an adult), who happens to be the girlfriend of the alcoholic. Nice set up.

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 12:47AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Masina posted:

I never did ask..which magazine is this manga being serialized?

This has no physical or digital releases as volumes. This is published on comic-web NewType, at a chapter per month.

This scanlator releases it usually a couple days after it comes out.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

oh my, they gonna do the naughty

joined Jan 11, 2022

Made a fresh new meme out of that "We are creatures who need games to breathe, or we'll die"
it spoke to me on a spiritual level.

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 7:35AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Heke: Y can’t metroid crawl?

Shinohara, already taking off her clothes: oh my god Heke-san you’re so fucking stupid

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Love these two idiots!

joined May 29, 2021

You can combine gaming and lewd stuff. That makes it more fun. They could both get what they want.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Ha! Force majuere. I remember Bart having that clause when one of his scams failed.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

D`awww, these two are really cute together, when one isn't beating the other...

The whole series in a nutshell tbh.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Drinking, elbow to the head, bit of emotional "abuse" (you stay here while I go enjoy the big bath), sex, and some romantic sweetness at the end ... this series in a nutshell.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Hum, are tatoos and piercings that problematic? Would she be denied to enter the public bath?
Edit: *In japan. I mean its not even a full back tatoo and all that, just the sholders.

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 1:25PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hum, are tatoos and piercings that problematic? Would she be denied to enter the public bath?
Edit: *In japan. I mean its not even a full back tatoo and all that, just the sholders.

There are many deep-rooted cultural, political, legal and social reasons why tattoos are a complicated matter in Japan so yea, she could absolutely be denied from entering

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

They are associated with the yakuza. My understanding though that it's just some places, not everywhere.

To reply you must either login or sign up.