Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Jan 11, 2014

Careful Evie, it looked like for a moment you were disappointed Elsa called you a "friend" instead of something more ;))

joined Mar 23, 2022

important........ friend....eve gurl I see that lil disappoinment in yar face. elsa on attackkk letsss gooooo!!!!

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

In Civvie11 voice: "Katie! Get me that Gordon Ramsey clip!"

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 10:31PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm not gonna lie, this chapter made me tear up a bit. Evie's loneliness, coupled with Elsa's understand and caring, it was just too much.

But at the same time I kinda wish the drama went on for a bit? I want the system plotline to be resolved fully because otherwise it feels like a Sword of Damocles on every situation.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Go Elsa!!! Keep attacking haha

Screenshot%202022-03-25%20015936
joined Mar 24, 2022

Not really a fan of how this is being handled right now, it completely ignores the underlying problem. Evie didn't just lash out without reason, she was feeling cornered and didn't know what to do. The chapters leading up to the fallout were filled with her anguishing about how by being close to her she is forced to hurt her. Now, this isn't even mentioned. I understand that she misses her, but what happened to her inner conflict?

Just apologizing to each other and saying how they won't leave the other person no matter what won't be enough. After all, it's only a matter of time until the system strikes again and Evie is forced into the exact same situation that caused this whole drama.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 11:01PM

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

Oh thank the force. They didn’t completely break up.

Now, this isn't even mentioned. I understand that she misses her, but what happened to her inner conflict?

While true, I think you underestimate the ability of humans to delude yourselves, especially if there’s catharsis involved. Evie had been repeatedly stabbing herself with a proverbial knife until Elsa came and stopped her, and in the moment, that was more important than her fears.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

WOOOOOO!!!

34 chapters was all it took!!!

joined Mar 25, 2021

Glad that the lil angst was resolved fairly quick. Though calling the true problem resolved is a different matter. It seems that Evie is willing to take risks now, just hope that the system doesn't force her to harm her in a lasting way.

joined May 1, 2015

That was quick, I was expecting half a year of angts chapters.
Friends....
Yeah, I kiss my friends too. Not.

joined Jul 19, 2011

Not really a fan of how this is being handled right now, it completely ignores the underlying problem.

I agree. This should have been the conflict that led to Evie fully revealing the villainess system to Elsa so they could start working on countering it. Instead we get a generic "friendship" speech and no character progression.
I'm honestly still rather miffed at Elsa. While she doesn't know the specifics, she does know that Evie is being forced to bully/hurt her and never once thinks about how being forced to do that might be tearing Evie up. But no, all she can think about is much she likes getting bullied by Evie.

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 12:24AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yeah lets ignore the fact that she was having a mental conflict bc a mysterious force makes her hurt her beloved....

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Scandalous!! I need more.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Not really a fan of how this is being handled right now, it completely ignores the underlying problem.

I agree. This should have been the conflict that led to Evie fully revealing the villainess system to Elsa so they could start working on countering it. Instead we get a generic "friendship" speech and no character progression.
I'm honestly still rather miffed at Elsa. While she doesn't know the specifics, she does know that Evie is being forced to bully/hurt her and never once thinks about how being forced to do that might be tearing Evie up. But no, all she can think about is much she likes getting bullied by Evie.

I thought it was implied that revealing the villainess system would fuck Yvonne up. Look at how it reacted when Yvonne tried to not make a decision; revealing the system itself would probably straight up kill her.

In terms of character progression, I think Elsa has become a lot more aggressive. She got physically intimate with Yvonne, using the apology as an excuse. Yvonne has also become more open to Elsa, see her quiet comment about feeding Elsa.

I don't think Elsa's ever learned that Yvonne is being forced to bully her instead of just acting very strangely. Elsa does notice that Yvonne is undergoing an internal struggle, see ch.33, pg. 2 and Elsa noticing Yvonne's expression during the stabbing incident, but every time she offers help, Yvonne pushes her away. Additionally, she's familiar with this kind of extreme behavior thanks to the stabbing incident. Elsa is acting in her own self-interest by pursuing Yvonne, but I think it's wrong to say she's not thinking at all of Yvonne's evident but unexplained internal struggles.

joined Jun 3, 2014

a bit of a side note: I absolutely despise those fucking tree worms (irl). Pass under a tree and now I've got worms crawling all over me. Worms should not fly through the air!

I've never seen those worms before but they seem terrifying.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

There are a lot of series that when I see the new chapter uploaded, I immediately click and read it. This isn't one of them. No, for this, whenever it's that time of week, I'm refreshing the page every hour or so in anticipation.

I do understand the questions around why Yvonne seems to be suddenly forgetting the omniscient presence that forced her into this situation to begin with, but it can't all be handled in one chapter. Elsa seemed a bit more reserved in this chapter (despite actually kissing Yvonne, I know) due to what just happened, and Yvonne is just generally having a lot of internal struggles.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I don't really understand why, when the tree bugs start coming down, Yvonne talks like she's about to die.

"No! This cannot be happening! I still haven't apologized to Elsa!"

Listen, Evie, dem bugs be disgusting, sure, but... you ain't gonna croak only cuz they fall on you!

joined Apr 15, 2018

I don't really understand why, when the tree bugs start coming down, Yvonne talks like she's about to die.

"No! This cannot be happening! I still haven't apologized to Elsa!"

Listen, Evie, dem bugs be disgusting, sure, but... you ain't gonna croak only cuz they fall on you!

I suspect that these critters fill a narrative role much like that of cockroaches in Japanese media -- the heroine is shown to be horrified by them as it will make her seem "cuter" to a portion of the audience.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

As I have expected, Elsa is still the otoge heroine. I do not think she enjoys being bullied by Yvonne, as some people above have suggested, it's just that she is confident in her ability to withstand anything Yvonne throws at her. More importantly, putting up with Yvonne's random outbursts of verbal and physical violence appears worth it to her, because at some level, she realizes that Yvonne is a good soul who does her best to hold herself back.

That said, "I will put up with their abuse because I know deep down, they are a good person and they love me" is normally the recipe for toxic and abusive relationships, while the kind of making-up-without-addressing-the-problem we've seen in the last chapter only perpetuates them. If I didn't know about the villainess system, I would really want Elsa to dump Yvonne, and would still understand it if she did, but I am inclined to give this particular toxic relationship a pass because of the otoge context it takes place in. in other words, I do not think we can apply real-world relationship logic (at least not 100%) to a world where something like the villainess system actually exists and has real, tangible effects on the setting and its inhabitants.

From the context of the otoge relationship logic, Elsa is still the heroine, meaning that she is essentially the only individual with real agency in the whole world. As a result of Elsa's agency, Yvonne now pulls a double duty as both a villainess and a love interest, which have conflicting agendas. I'd like to point out that the VS went into full kernel panic mode when Yvonne attempt to reciprocate Elsa's affections, but not when Elsa initiated and carried them out all on her own, therefre the VS apparently cannot interfere with Elsa's agency, only with Yvonne's. Yvonne and a lot of readers seem to view Elsa as a fragile flower who needs to be protected from the evil VS, but from the video game logic perspective, she is still the player character around whom the whole game revolves, and that makes her the dominant factor in everything that happens, and you gotta respect that.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I'm sorry but, what? This whole thing looks like an abusive relationship at this point... Elsa isn't... ugh
Obviously Yvonne doesn't want to bully her and maybe Elsa kind of understands she's being forced but I don't like how this is turning out. At first sure, the bullying was very childish and dumb but at this point this is so wrong. Again Yvonne is being forced so I can excuse it but I cannot excuse Elsa being the one going after Yvonne yet again after all she's told her, especially telling her "you were just bullying me". Now she's like one of those women trapped in an abusive relationship going back to their partner over and over again. She knows Yvonne is unpredictable and mean (because she is even if she doesn't want to be) and has an attachment issue. Elsa's behavior isn't healthy. Yvonne should have gone on her own and apologized and done something to make it up, which doesn't make it all that much better but it would be at least healthier than this.
Of course this isn't real life and this is just a narrative issue. You just can't resolve this sort of angst in such a rushed way and play it off as lighthearted. The drama should've been less serious in that case. Otherwise it comes off as melodramatic and it doesn't make sense. It dumbs down Elsa's character. This was the time to show that Elsa wasn't going to run after Evie like an idiot and move on and Evie would learn to be honest with her feelings and at least explain to Elsa why they can't be together, even if vaguely. It was building up to that and they ruined it with this dumb tree worm scene...
I'm sorry for being so bitter to people enjoying the series. I still really enjoy it and might be a bit harsh but I had high expectations for this.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Seeing Yvonne's pained expression physically hurt my soul, but I kinda wish everything wasn't solved so easily. I'm feeling pretty bad for Elsa right now, she doesn't seem like the usually upbeat heroine she's supposed to be.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Yeah, dunno. I was here for a bit of angst but it didn't actually go anywhere at all so what was the point? Might as well have kept things fluffy if it was just going to revert to status quo 2 chapters later anyways.

joined Mar 25, 2021

Yeah, dunno. I was here for a bit of angst but it didn't actually go anywhere at all so what was the point? Might as well have kept things fluffy if it was just going to revert to status quo 2 chapters later anyways.

Seems it was just there to hurt our hearts.. At least we got a chu and a gay panicking evie

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

While I agree that it's kinda unfortunate for the drama to be over without being resolved, I can totally 100% understand it from a character perspective. Elsa was already willing to look beyond what happened and just wanted to stick with Yvonne from the beginning, Yvonne meanwhile had taken all her strength to push Elsa away in order to protect her, but was left completely and utterly miserable that way. With Elsa coming back to her she's then in such a vulnerable and distraught emotional state that she could not possible resist just going back to status quo, even if she rationally knows that the underlying issue isn't resolved and will cause more pain down the line.

Also really agree with what Koveras wrote a couple of comments above, that's a great analysis of the entire Villainess System problem and how it is basically impossible for Yvonne to resolve. Perhaps doubly so, because she really wants to protect Elsa (and thus herself) from harm, but by pushing her away she causes significant emotional harm too, so she's caught in a sort of paradox until Elsa eventually resolves the situation through her heroine powers

joined Mar 25, 2021

Elsa's behavior isn't healthy. Yvonne should have gone on her own and apologized and done something to make it up, which doesn't make it all that much better but it would be at least healthier than this.

Honestly wished she did this, powering through her sadness, fear and regret to apologize and maybe even try to explain why she keeps bullying her, even if its in a vague way. Try to explain that she ISNT a sadist (not yet at least) and that she doesnt want to hurt her or something.

Of course this isn't real life and this is just a narrative issue. You just can't resolve this sort of angst in such a rushed way and play it off as lighthearted. The drama should've been less serious in that case. Otherwise it comes off as melodramatic and it doesn't make sense. It dumbs down Elsa's character. This was the time to show that Elsa wasn't going to run after Evie like an idiot and move on and Evie would learn to be honest with her feelings and at least explain to Elsa why they can't be together, even if vaguely. It was building up to that and they ruined it with this dumb tree worm scene...

Yeah I agree, I'm pretty sure Elsa already suspects that theres something wrong with Evie, internal conflicts and all that. Wouldve been better for the thought process to be "I'll help you resolve your problem, no matter how harsh you push me away" instead of "shes just bullying me like usual".

Though doing that could make the drama tense even more and could force them to have less wholesome moments.. I'm pretty sure this series is trying to go for more wholesome than drama, but the problem is just that much of a problem that even trying to dumb the resolve down would make it look like half hearted resolves. It could also shorten the series because usually the more dramatic and tense the drama is makes the main conflict/plot point closer to the end. Like the whole premise of this series is that a girl is being forced to bully her loved one, its trying to be wholesome but if you resolve the problem too quickly then the series would just be about two girls doing girl things (Would still read it but honestly the unique premise/problem is a big point for this series imo).

To reply you must either login or sign up.