Reader: "Well Miss Funnylady... Is this how you get your sick kicks?!"
Holds up copy of Walk to Death
Tokiko: "What? It's just an ordinary mang-"
Natsuki's death
Tokiko: "OH MY GOODNESS! RYOUKO!"

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

^
She tries smiling again and being uncaring when the woman questions her, then after the pigeon is killed all emotion drains from her face like at the start of the chapter.

She goes from her standard unemotional to a somewhat different type of unemotional which for me elicits the emotion of "yeah... ok."

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She's not going to scream her heart out or cry, I doubt she even knows how to do that.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I STILL want to know what's going on, I guess... but damn, WTF.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Tokiko is just fully giving up right now isn't she.

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

It seems that the 'curse' is intensifying. I wonder what is behind it.

Am I the only one who didn't think any of that Natsuki and Tokiko was meant to be yuri? I honestly think they are, were, great friends and Tokiko actually cared for her and stuff. I wonder now tho, if there's no curse but sort of a...death magnet, like, in those cartoons where people walk and have a dark rainy cloud over them? but what set it in motion? can it be stopped? does she care? do I?

Anyone seriously thought this was going to be yuri? In "Satsuki" there are actually some indications from the early chapters. But here it's sheer carnage.

It would be boring if, at the very end, this madness was stopped in some stilted way. Personally, I'm hoping for an ending that makes me laugh.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^ Satsuki is awkward but can still function in society and generally understands other people's feelings so I can believe she'd fall in love or that someone would fall in love with her, Tokiko is an actual sociopath to the point it's a wonder she was able to make one genuine friend so I feel like romance would be too alien to her. Maybe in a hypothetical future where people stopped dying around her and she could've started trying to understand "normal" emotional reactions better.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I can definitely see Natsuki being in love with Tokiko, though Tokiko being a psychopath who lacks empathy means Natsuki's affections were likely not reciprocated, though she was clearly the 'most important person' to Tokiko after her sister. Maybe in another reality they would have started dating, or perhaps Tokiko wouldn't see/understand the point in being lovers and they would simply remain close friends.

joined Apr 1, 2013

Even the pigeon got killed damn Author Kun is showing zero mercy lol

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I can definitely see Natsuki being in love with Tokiko, though Tokiko being a psychopath who lacks empathy means Natsuki's affections were likely not reciprocated, though she was clearly the 'most important person' to Tokiko after her sister. Maybe in another reality they would have started dating, or perhaps Tokiko wouldn't see/understand the point in being lovers and they would simply remain close friends.

Now, this makes sense for me, I can see this happening. Psychopath, yes Tokiko would be one.

The pigeon xD This is too much

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

See, I'm developing a hunch. I don't think Tokiko is going to be the last one standing at the end of this, for some reason I've got the feeling that the last one who's going to be alive is Ai, and despite Tokiko's "curse" ending with her, we're probably going to see hints that Ai is now "cursed."

We'll see how that turns out though.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

My goodness even the pigeons are not safe!

This made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

See, I'm developing a hunch. I don't think Tokiko is going to be the last one standing at the end of this, for some reason I've got the feeling that the last one who's going to be alive is Ai, and despite Tokiko's "curse" ending with her, we're probably going to see hints that Ai is now "cursed."

Ah, the classic horror/thriller movie ending. I hadn't thought of it before, but now it seems likely.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yeah it kinda seems the "honest" drama is over now and we're in basically death game morbid comedy territory.

Now that you mention it, that would be a possibility. I'm still betting on a full board clear.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

They forgot to put the bird in the bottom right corner of the grid

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

That awkward moment when you have a more genuine shock reaction to a pigeon being run over than your friend's head literally being blown off by a car wheel

I think I have a general idea on how this is going to end.

joined Jun 11, 2016

My bet is that Tokiko is gonna be killed by Ai, cultist dude died trying to stop them, and the young detective is witness to all this. Later on he takes custody of Ai, and then the epilogue shows that Ai is "cursed" like Tokiko too and then the circle begins anew lol.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

i thought fire extinguishers very rarely exploded - unless they were defective with like a dent, heat doesn't seem to be reason in this case. did the broken fire extinguisher hit the professor in the head or did it hit the fire alarm which then hit the professor in the head? or maybe i'm just thinking about this to forget that best girl natsuki died terribly insignificantly and now tokiko is alone with no chances of happiness and giving up knowing that death just follows her?

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I promise you the author was laughing yhier butt off when during the pigeon scene.

joined May 3, 2014

this is just depressing :/ I only read chapter 30 cuz I see so many times this manga being updated but because of the tags I keep the hell out!

BUT! I might check the last chapter and read everyones comments :3 better that way that directly reading this depressing as F story T^T

P.S: also I forgot to say the last page looks amazing 0.0 even tho it does really show the theme of the manga in a way >.> and also though the manga cover looks nice too!!!

P.S.S: OK i wanna the last page as an picture/wallpaper XD now I got to find an clean one T^T if some
one can give me the link it will be awsome :3

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 2:00AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

R.I.P. Pigeon

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

I was hoping that the whole curse thing was just cult BS, the story has taken a disappointing turn.

joined May 26, 2022

i feel sick

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

this is just depressing :/ I only read chapter 30 cuz I see so many times this manga being updated but because of the tags I keep the hell out!

BUT! I might check the last chapter and read everyones comments :3 better that way that directly reading this depressing as F story T^T

P.S: also I forgot to say the last page looks amazing 0.0 even tho it does really show the theme of the manga in a way >.> and also though the manga cover looks nice too!!!

P.S.S: OK i wanna the last page as an picture/wallpaper XD now I got to find an clean one T^T if some
one can give me the link it will be awsome :3

Hi, I'm curious as to why do you find it depressing, sure people die, but that's expected with such a title right? good day

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Couple more chapters out on MD, and they're real doozies.
I'm starting to question if bodies really explode into pieces when hit by trains

To reply you must either login or sign up.