Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Couple more chapters out on MD, and they're real doozies.
I'm starting to question if bodies really explode into pieces when hit by trains

Oh man, you weren't kidding.
It looks like my theory that Ai will be the last one standing holds some water still.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I could physically hear the shattering sound of that crack at the beginning of ch.31, didn't even need any sfx. Big oof

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 7:03PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

I could physically hear the shattering sound of that crack at the beginning of ch.31, didn't even need any sfx. Big oof

Oi, 31 still isn't on Dynasty yet.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I figured it was vague enough to be alright but i'll spoiler it anyway in retrospect, Sorry~

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

I'm starting to question if bodies really explode into pieces when hit by trains

Well since you asked, yeah it can definitely happen but there are a lot of factors involved. That said, train drivers have an inconspicuously hellish job.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Can someone explain to me her thought process behind killing herself? Like you've just gained freedom,,, and you kill yourself? Does it imply that the only thing keeping her bound to living was other people?

joined Mar 15, 2015

I was personally expecting Tokiko to die at some point, but was personally expecting it to happen in the last or second to last chapter, not with two chapters to go. Then again, maybe the final chapter's an epilogue of some sort.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Can someone explain to me her thought process behind killing herself? Like you've just gained freedom,,, and you kill yourself? Does it imply that the only thing keeping her bound to living was other people?

She didn't have a reason to live nor any shackle that made her feel obligated to keep on living.

Best part is that it's easy to infere that she had been suicidal since forever but never acted on it since she felt tied to the people important to her.

That all said, I spent a good couple hours suffering with a friend on this already so I'll retire from this for now.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah, the moment I saw her sitting at that train station I knew what was going to happen. The author even cleverly put a fence in between Tokiko and the detective so he couldn't actually save her even if he noticed in time.

But yeah, once everyone around her died, she became truly free from obligations and in her case on of those obligations was living wasn't it. Sucks but this certainly is a tragedy centered around death.

joined Mar 15, 2015

yeah, the moment I saw her sitting at that train station I knew what was going to happen. The author even cleverly put a fence in between Tokiko and the detective so he couldn't actually save her even if he noticed in time.

But yeah, once everyone around her died, she became truly free from obligations and in her case on of those obligations was living wasn't it. Sucks but this certainly is a tragedy centered around death.

True. I revised my prediction the moment I saw Tokiko at the train station, separated from Koga by a fence.

joined Apr 6, 2013

You know, something tells me Tokiko wasn't nearly as okay about Natsuki's death as she said.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Based on many videos I watched on gore subs before they are banned, [gory descriptions warning] yes they do, if the train's speed is sufficient. Though the limbs are actually quite strong and tend to stay in one piece even when stuck and dragged. The train in the scene here is a type of regional train, going into a station, the speed can't be very high, so I guess if her body was crushed and ground between the train and the platform (above the rail surface), it could be somewhat plausible to get rolled around so crushed pieces might be flung around a bit, somewhat similar to the "Russian lathe guy".

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 9:52PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ah, damn... I knew something would happen to her.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

natsuki: ~dies~
tokiko: ight imma head out

i hope the two of them are reunited if there is an afterlife Ç-Ç rip tokiko

joined May 26, 2022

it's gonna hurt seeing the extra with (I'm assuming) Natsuki and Tokiko middle school days

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Huh. So we watched a child come up with flawed conclusions about the nature of relationships, life and departure and followed it to what she believed was its logical conclusion. That sucks.

joined Mar 25, 2019

I've heard when a suicidal person decides to commit suicide sometimes they might seem happy in the short time they have left, is this a myth or is it true? I wonder if this is what happened to Tokiko or if she was lying to herself about being happy. That final bonus chapter is gonna hurt.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

it's gonna hurt seeing the extra with (I'm assuming) Natsuki and Tokiko middle school days

Oh God you're right. I am not emotionally strong enough for that.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I've heard when a suicidal person decides to commit suicide sometimes they might seem happy in the short time they have left, is this a myth or is it true? I wonder if this is what happened to Tokiko or if she was lying to herself about being happy. That final bonus chapter is gonna hurt.

I've heard this myth too, that when a suicidal person decides to, they think they will feel relief from the pain they have been experiencing. I don't know how true this myth of seeming happy is, but Tokiko's statements seem similar to this sentiment. Like she doesn't have to deal with not being accepted or understood anymore.

My own take is that Tokiko has always been quick to latch onto acting how the people she respects think she should act, which is maybe why she feels so freed. Her friend from the orphanage tells her to be happy, she tries to be "happy" at all times. Her father tells her to prioritize herself and she decides to let him die so he is no longer her priority. Tokiko's sister tells her not to blame herself and she throws herself into the serial killer case so she feels like she is not at fault. And Natsuki had been the only one successful to get her out of some of those flawed conclusions.

This curse is awful.

joined Mar 25, 2019

I've heard this myth too, that when a suicidal person decides to, they think they will feel relief from the pain they have been experiencing. I don't know how true this myth of seeming happy is, but Tokiko's statements seem similar to this sentiment. Like she doesn't have to deal with not being accepted or understood anymore.

My own take is that Tokiko has always been quick to latch onto acting how the people she respects think she should act, which is maybe why she feels so freed. Her friend from the orphanage tells her to be happy, she tries to be "happy" at all times. Her father tells her to prioritize herself and she decides to let him die so he is no longer her priority. Tokiko's sister tells her not to blame herself and she throws herself into the serial killer case so she feels like she is not at fault. And Natsuki had been the only one successful to get her out of some of those flawed conclusions.

This curse is awful.

Damn I never caught that about her friend from the orphanage. That's a really plausible reasom why she feels the need to be happy "no matter what."

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

This curse is awful.

Seems like every time someone tries to enforce their will on Tokiko, they end up dead. Will to kill her? Dead. Will to see her happy? Dead. Will to understand or accept her? Dead. It's fitting that she only dies when she finally feels that she's the one in control of her life.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Waiting for a sequel with Tokiko and Natsuki in isekai where all monsters die in random accidents before they can even fight them.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The guts of this author to kill off the main character. I hope they can get to the bottom of the curse without dying.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Seems like every time someone tries to enforce their will on Tokiko, they end up dead. Will to kill her? Dead. Will to see her happy? Dead. Will to understand or accept her? Dead. It's fitting that she only dies when she finally feels that she's the one in control of her life.

But what did the poor pigeon try to force on her??

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

That pigeon death really was the last straw huh

To reply you must either login or sign up.