Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

As much as I enjoy this, it's always really difficult to get right in terms of when you get the payoff. Ch 10 would be a good time for the reveal but I think these things have a tendency to drag on longer than they should. I'm predicting some sort of misunderstanding where she thinks there are siblings or something.

there aren’t that many pages in one chapter any way >.>

This is true, but I think it misses the point. It's not so much that the series goes on too long, just that reasonable scenarios get exhausted. Like regardless of the chapter length, the premise only leaves so much room for misunderstanding; it's more about the number of mised opportunities at a resolution and what will become increasingly outlandish ways of avoiding that resolution.
And to be clear, I love this and it could probably go on quite a bit longer and still work, but passing on this chance at a resolution would be kind of worrying to me.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 10:50PM

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

i really really really reeeeally hope she doesnt try to play this off and say "oh yeah! that's my sister!" bc i really like this comic but if it comes to that i don't know if i can continue reading lol

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

"Song that was all the rage" huh, sounds like there was a lot of rage.....against the machine?

Despite "all the rage," she's a clerk making minimum wage...

Smashing Pumpkins would definitely be on Mitsuki's music playlist.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

"Song that was all the rage" huh, sounds like there was a lot of rage.....against the machine?

Despite "all the rage," she's a clerk making minimum wage...

Smashing Pumpkins would definitely be on Mitsuki's music playlist.

Muse too.

Stingray
joined Dec 4, 2020

Is the twist gonna be that she always knew they were the same person? I hope not, because that's lazy AF!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Is the twist gonna be that she always knew they were the same person? I hope not, because that's lazy AF!

I hope the twist is that she’ll go like “oh so you are a girl?? fine by me” and continues flirting, much to the other’s (gay) confusion

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Mr.Krabs: Bee boo boo bop

My thoughts exactly XD

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

falling in love with the same person twice huh. Yeah that's always fun

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I hope the twist is that she’ll go like “oh so you are a girl?? fine by me” and continues flirting, much to the other’s (gay) confusion

^^^^

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^^^^

power move by gyaru-chan

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

"No way no way my classmate Mitsuki can't be that worker at the record store! They're completely different! She has glasses like Clark Kent!"

joined Jun 25, 2021

I feel like she's a bit similar to you

"Does she look..."
puts on glasses and takes off mask and hood
"...something like this?"

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I feel like she's a bit similar to you

"Does she look..."
puts on glasses and takes off mask and hood
"...something like this?"

no ch10 spoilers pls

(shhhh I'm manifesting this as ch10 first page)

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 6:44PM

Eulamber%20croppedd
joined Oct 2, 2017

nah that's not gonna be it since she calls record store mitsuki "onii-san"

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

ok, this is weird for me to make this comment since this series is taking me back to the late 90's nostaglia. I've gone back and listen to some of the old, early songs from Nirvana. their song, Sliver, during the chorus part of "Grandma take me home", for some reason, I'm hearing Aya take me home in my head.....not sure what to think of it.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 9:27PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Nice to see there’s an ‘out’ for this story. If sales lag, the editor can instruct mangaka for a “Happily ever after” next chapter with a big reveal and acceptance baring the “aaangst”. That’s not gonna happen here… nope, this series is too popular with readership. This little cliffhanger is just a little speed bump in the plot line. I think there’s plenty of steam left in this locomotive-of-a-manga.

No editor or sales for this work. This is being posted on weekly on Twitter if I remember correctly. So it’s more of whatever the author wants to do with it.

Well, if author gets this published, I’ll get a copy.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Nice to see there’s an ‘out’ for this story. If sales lag, the editor can instruct mangaka for a “Happily ever after” next chapter with a big reveal and acceptance baring the “aaangst”. That’s not gonna happen here… nope, this series is too popular with readership. This little cliffhanger is just a little speed bump in the plot line. I think there’s plenty of steam left in this locomotive-of-a-manga.

No editor or sales for this work. This is being posted on weekly on Twitter if I remember correctly. So it’s more of whatever the author wants to do with it.

Well, if author gets this published, I’ll get a copy.

Same. I won't even bother that I don't speak the language, I'll just have a physical copy with me.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 11:04PM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

"No way no way my classmate Mitsuki can't be that worker at the record store! They're completely different! She has glasses like Clark Kent!"

At the store, she's Clerk Kent!
(leaves quickly)

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The fact that we have to wait until Sunday to see how Mitsuki will react is KILLING ME! That's a make or break moment...
Sensei has been surprising us so far but what comes next is more critical... ig

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

The fact that we have to wait until Sunday to see how Mitsuki will react is KILLING ME! That's a make or break moment...

What would you like to see through a critical lens? Any predictions?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

What would you like to see through a critical lens? Any predictions?

I meant critical as in "it's a critical point in the story how this develops" because we have 3 possible routes:

1. if the author half-asses an excuse to keep the misunderstanding, it might be a bit disappointing (it hurts me to say that)
  2. we'll get a really creative misunderstanding that won't feel half-assed, because sensei's comedic sense is really good (they've proven it in the story already). I have no idea how that one would look like, tho
  3. if the next chapter is >the< reveal, we could be getting into some interesting development that we probably haven't seen in manga of the same genre (for exemple, gyaru-chan being peak bisexual representation)

I can't wait till Sunday because right now there isn't any hint as to which is the most likely, so... yeah

last edited at Jun 8, 2022 6:27PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Come on, they were face-to-face and she did not yet pull her mask up! Come on, manga! Are you telling me Aya is blind...
Also, all the talk we had about visual cues, but what about Mitsuki's voice? Does she alter her voice when she is working? Why would Aya not recognise the voice?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Also, all the talk we had about visual cues, but what about Mitsuki's voice? Does she alter her voice when she is working? Why would Aya not recognise the voice?

That's what ive been wondering too. Even though the mask might muffle her voice a bit in public and she might sound a little different on the phone, there would still be some level of familiarity at least.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

That's what ive been wondering too. Even though the mask might muffle her voice a bit in public and she might sound a little different on the phone, there would still be some level of familiarity at least.

At this point I am betting that the reason the voice is ignored is because Aya really wants to believe it ain't a girl.
(jk)

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

That's what ive been wondering too.

Didn't we talk about this before? I swear, this debate is going on loops.
There are many reasons why her voice could be different, and not only the muffler effect. As was suggested before, the voice people use at work is often completely different. Or she could be roleplaying her character.

To reply you must either login or sign up.