Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

damn, these girls are gay, good for them
music is an incredible tool to bring others closer
everything else in this thread is whatever

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Mitsuki gives me the classic gay thoughts of "do I want to be like her or do I want to date her?"

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Is there a name for this? Like the person having two identities and their loved ones reminiscing about the other persona while they are with them. Like with Superman and Spiderman.

Loves My Alter Ego / Two Person Love Triangle

Yes thank you. It is one of the few tropes I dont get tired of for some reason.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

i always forget which day of the week this manga updates and its always like a surprise present.

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

This is so interesting I spammed my clicks just to read the next chapter but there isn't a new chapter yet, really looking forward to it

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:43PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

damn, these girls are gay, good for them
music is an incredible tool to bring others closer
everything else in this thread is whatever

they are gay, and they listen to nirvana

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Mr.Krabs: Bee boo boo bop

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

ooooooh! the suspense is killing me!

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Aya can definitely fall for school Mitsuki, they have a lot more of going-ons in school and she's already aware of the latter's interest in music.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Nice to see there’s an ‘out’ for this story. If sales lag, the editor can instruct mangaka for a “Happily ever after” next chapter with a big reveal and acceptance baring the “aaangst”. That’s not gonna happen here… nope, this series is too popular with readership. This little cliffhanger is just a little speed bump in the plot line. I think there’s plenty of steam left in this locomotive-of-a-manga.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Someone's starting to notice, now let's see how long it'll take her to figure it out - unless Mitsuki decides to come clean first.

I hope she comes clean. She has no real reason to not do that.

The wanting to still be unnoticed at school is a BS reason considering she seems willing to start to build a friendship with Aya — she decided to call her after uncle’s pep talk. Why would Mitsuki be ok with building what is possibly her first friendship based on a lie?

Now I kinda wish sensei would surprise us and release ch10 before the scheduled weekly update

Inexperience, low self esteem, fear, there are a bunch of reasons and all of them are really typical among youngsters

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is published on Twitter, but is there a good way to give the author money?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Someone's starting to notice, now let's see how long it'll take her to figure it out - unless Mitsuki decides to come clean first.

I hope she comes clean. She has no real reason to not do that.

The wanting to still be unnoticed at school is a BS reason considering she seems willing to start to build a friendship with Aya — she decided to call her after uncle’s pep talk. Why would Mitsuki be ok with building what is possibly her first friendship based on a lie?

Now I kinda wish sensei would surprise us and release ch10 before the scheduled weekly update

Inexperience, low self esteem, fear, there are a bunch of reasons and all of them are really typical among youngsters

Still, I think that for her to flat-out lie like that after getting that perfect chance of saying why she's similar... It's gonna feel forced to me. But that's just my opinion.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Damn! I wants these chapters to be longer.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Nice to see there’s an ‘out’ for this story. If sales lag, the editor can instruct mangaka for a “Happily ever after” next chapter with a big reveal and acceptance baring the “aaangst”. That’s not gonna happen here… nope, this series is too popular with readership. This little cliffhanger is just a little speed bump in the plot line. I think there’s plenty of steam left in this locomotive-of-a-manga.

No editor or sales for this work. This is being posted on weekly on Twitter if I remember correctly. So it’s more of whatever the author wants to do with it.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

There are no sales - this is a twitter published story, done by the author for their own interest.

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Mitsuki gives me the classic gay thoughts of "do I want to be like her or do I want to date her?"

This is such a vibe.

I am hoping that Mitsuki reveals her identity soon. How much longer can this game last? I am ready for them to take it to the next level and navigate their relationship with one another. What do they want to be—friends or more? Will they keep their relationship secret due to their cultural or social standings (popular vs. loner) at school and at home? So many questions and so much potential to explore this story.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

As much as I enjoy this, it's always really difficult to get right in terms of when you get the payoff. Ch 10 would be a good time for the reveal but I think these things have a tendency to drag on longer than they should. I'm predicting some sort of misunderstanding where she thinks there are siblings or something.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Love this author/artist! Very fun start and I'm excited to see more.

I can't believe Nirvana is on a Japanese highschool girls play list. Kurt Cobain passed away at least 10 years before she was even born. I could maybe buy Foo Fighters, but I'm not sure how big they are in the overseas market.

The entire point here is that she doesn’t listen to what others do, she says that. The other girls in her group don’t recognize the bands at all.

You think there can’t be one japanese schoolgirl in all the country with western music taste to make a doujin around?

I also had something else here but I deleted it, wooo

Your absolutely right. But it's weird. It would be like finding an American highschool kid who is into a Japanes rock band from the early 90's

It's definitely not impossible and more likely than you might think in this age of the internet, where media can be shared across the world to and from any country, for anyone of any age.

Edit: Thinking about it I'm someone around the ballpark of 30, who was listening to out of the norm bands from various countries, Japan included, that nobody else I knew was listening to back in my early teenage years. All thanks to the power of dialup internet. So I'm not even sure why this is a debate...

Wasn't really debating. I guess I was just a bit incredulous about two Japanese highschool girls bonding over a 30 year old American rock music. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty cool. I always like seeing American culture in manga. it's just weird

We haven't taken this discussion back to the mangaka. I mean, it seems like it would be exactly as unlikely for the probably young, female Japanese mangaka to be interested enough in that kind of music to want to make a lead who was into it, as for the character to exist. And yet, here we are.

joined May 3, 2014

As much as I enjoy this, it's always really difficult to get right in terms of when you get the payoff. Ch 10 would be a good time for the reveal but I think these things have a tendency to drag on longer than they should. I'm predicting some sort of misunderstanding where she thinks there are siblings or something.

there aren’t that many pages in one chapter any way >.>

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

we know this is the most likely scenario but boy oh boy will I be disappointed if it goes for the siblings misunderstanding

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

"Song that was all the rage" huh, sounds like there was a lot of rage.....against the machine?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

"Song that was all the rage" huh, sounds like there was a lot of rage.....against the machine?

it went like "funfunfuuunfunfuuuuu..." so it's... Fun.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Despite "all the rage," she's a clerk making minimum wage...

joined Feb 17, 2018

Wasn't really debating. I guess I was just a bit incredulous about two Japanese highschool girls bonding over a 30 year old American rock music. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty cool. I always like seeing American culture in manga. it's just weird

We haven't taken this discussion back to the mangaka. I mean, it seems like it would be exactly as unlikely for the probably young, female Japanese mangaka to be interested enough in that kind of music to want to make a lead who was into it, as for the character to exist. And yet, here we are.

The artist is fluent in English, obviously I don't know their circumstances but it wouldn't surprise me if they had some mixed cultural influences growing up. Maybe a third culture kid

To reply you must either login or sign up.