Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

yo I think you were right

Probably in the ex crush but instead of getting yuri as a way of escapism her ex crush taught her the ways of the yuri

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

Probably in the ex crush but instead of getting yuri as a way of escapism her ex crush taught her the ways of the yuri

I'm suspecting something a bit more bitter than that, where she was told a "mob" girl like herself could never be the protagonist in Yuri and could only ever be an observer, something along those lines. Which is why she seems to reject the concept of another girl loving her.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

She's finally becoming yuri. Just as the prophecies foretold.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

Yay finally some progress! Also I'm really liking Sana, she is helping to progress the plot lol.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I love how Yoshioka IMMEDIATELY subverts the 'as a friend' misunderstanding, lol. To be honest, I'm loving ALL the trope aversions in this manga. It's just close enough to the stereotype to make it funny when Watanabe's expectations are averted, lol.

joined Jun 25, 2021

aw, boo. I wanted to see what happened after Watanabe got caught, grabbed, by Yoshioka at the end of ch 9. but at the start of ch 10 it has already moved on

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

the author might be going for that route fr
extra hard for watanabe if the crush was homophobic

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

idk what it is about this ch.14 in particular but that was really hard to read for some reason?

Too many big words!

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

And then they had sex. What, giving grounds to believe isn't slang for that?

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!

I love these two!!!!

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

A car exploding when shot is about as realistic as a gust of wind blowing a declaration of love to its recipient: technically possible but the odds are astronomically low.

Except one has agency in it and one does not. You know which one so lets drop this pedantic bs

Random inexplicable explosions don't have agency either lol. Not sure why you felt the need to move the goalposts before terminating the conversation, but okay.

It is not random explosions. You know why it exploded. We are not talking about probabilities. We are talking about agency. We always did. That is why I called it cheap because wind is a random event while a caused explosion is planned however unlikely it is.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ririka getting the girl… What a beautiful storyline we have ahead of ourselves, fellas.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Uh oh. Faceless girls in flashbacks are never a good sign. They either thoughtlessly destry protaginst's dream with a few words or maliciously make their lives hell with bigotry. In fact being faceless pretty much makes you irredeemable as far as I am concerned. Everybody got a face. Why dont you? Sold yours to the devil maybe?

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

OH MY GOD??? This was a good-ass chapter. We got steam now, folks.

joined Feb 17, 2018

Is this whole story a recursive commentary on gay women escaping into fiction as an outlet for their self repressed sexuality lol

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Is this whole story a recursive commentary on gay women escaping into fiction as an outlet for their self repressed sexuality lol

stop calling me out like this

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Honestly tho before this I was sure the twist was that Watanabe WASN'T interested in other girls for real life. I'm glad I was wrong

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:20AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ohhhh, we're beginning to see where she received her "rules" of pure yuri that she can't escape.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

umm…hello?? could you stop being too loud??

Ohhhh, we're beginning to see where she received her "rules" of pure yuri that she can't escape.

honestly i wouldn’t mind if the next few chapters focusing on watanabe’s background, it seems like an interesting story. we can get yoshioka making her fall in love later

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:28AM

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

honestly i wouldn’t mind if the next few chapters focusing on watanabe’s background, it seems like an interesting story. we can get yoshioka making her fall in love later

Agree, I want to see Watanabe's backstory, and if it was that Mika-chan's fault.
About your second point though, Watanabe's already in love lmao, just in massive denial (and some PTSD?). I guess you mean helping her get out of denial

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:34AM

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I am once again excited for the next chapter. Honestly though I am simultaneously having some thoughts that watanabe's background goes immensely far from having an unrequited love and escaping into yuri world to avoid that unrequited love. Or it's just simply the fact that Watanabe doesn't think that her is anything more than a mob. And a mob not being a background character is kinda weird. Either way girl needs to work on her self esteem issues.

Edit: Nevermind I just saw the no faced girl with long hair. That immediately means that its the first option.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:51AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Flashback chapter incoming so that we have the wait even longer to figure out what Yoshioka is going to do -_-.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:47AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think Watanabe's gArDeN oF yUrI is going to survive the concentration of firmly grounded common fucking sense Yoshioka and Sana have between them... :P

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I don't think Watanabe's gArDeN oF yUrI is going to survive the concentration of firmly grounded common fucking sense Yoshioka and Sana have between them... :P

Aw it'll be fine. Lillian Girls' Academy saw much more extreme girls stroll through its beautiful gardens with a load of common fucking sense dynamite in their arms -- and survived just peachy.

Don't underestimate Maria-sama's watchful protection.

joined May 10, 2021

MAN is Ririka amazing!
Being gayforward, not letting Watanabe an ounce of space to retreat and just going all out.
We'd have way less poopy drama in yuri with more characters like her..

To reply you must either login or sign up.