Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

seeing that tag, i don't think this is gonna end with the two of them together. I'm betting they'll both end up with the men constantly showing up.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

seeing that tag, i don't think this is gonna end with the two of them together. I'm betting they'll both end up with the men constantly showing up.

Your thinly veiled biphobia is unnecessary and unwelcome.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Your thinly veiled biphobia is unnecessary and unwelcome.

And it's clearly someone who didn't finish reading.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Wow I forgot all about this series! Nice to see Yuuta is still the adorable little cinnamon roll in existence.

joined Apr 22, 2021

Aaaah, I missed the slow heartbreak of this series, thanks for picking it up!

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

Love it, love it being back. The best.

_kurisu_nyan
X10
joined Jul 14, 2017

Thank you for picking it up!!

Index%20(6)
joined Mar 27, 2021

really glad to see this has been picked up again

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Gouma-Den is just on another level rn, it's wild.

Edit:

konpelto posted:

Going to agree with Giftnova. Your comment only barely applies to this manga, and reveals some unfortunate thinking patterns. Avoid making such generalizing comments about large groups of people in the future. Shouldn't need to be said, but expressing biphobia is against the rules. Thanks.

last edited at Jul 4, 2022 10:02PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's especially dumb, when this particular story breaks those conventions and presents a life that doesn't go in a straight line. Map is open and routes go all over the place, people move on it and sometimes they may even return where they came from, after having realized that is actually what they wanted all along.

Usual fare about kids and marriage in yuri is a story where some girl/woman laments how they lost their beloved, and now they're married and have a kid, and could never possibly ever come back to them ever, cue to absolute misery or Yuri Fairy dropping a new perfectly designed love interest right in their lap for a happy ending. Which is ridiculous nonsense, when it's presented as some sort of a fact rather than as a mood of despair that eventually passes.

Lot of marriages are effectively destroyed by arrival of that first child, especially if the relationship has lots of hidden wrinkles waiting to be exposed. It's one of those crucibles that show who the people in that relationship really are, and what they really want.

Also, people cheat. People want to cheat, and you might even say that in some cases they have a" right" to cheat if you look at full context of their lives. Certainly anyone queer who has been bludgeoned into submission by their family and society is likely to rebel, at least indirectly.

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 10:46PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Gouma-Den is just on another level rn, it's wild.

Edit:

konpelto posted:

Going to agree with Giftnova. Your comment only barely applies to this manga, and reveals some unfortunate thinking patterns. Avoid making such generalizing comments about large groups of people in the future. Shouldn't need to be said, but expressing biphobia is against the rules. Thanks.

Not the first time they've done this either it seems, there's like 3 more just at the top of their posts history at least >.>

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhhhh thank you so much Gouma-den for reviving this series!!! Hoping we can properly finally see the end to this story. I read the spoilers but yeah not the same. Love this story so damn much. It's been a while so it's time for a reread to refresh my memory.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wow I am in pain from reading this, but I’m glad to read it now that theres an active scanlator again.

Hoping and praying for a happy ending where they find a way to make things work

joined May 3, 2014

can some one spoil me ?? will this story end in a yuri ending or nah???

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This story is basically "how many fucked up adults does it take to raise a child"

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

This series is one of the posterchilds of "We need to sit down and have a real conversation instead of pushing our feelings to the side" smh.

joined May 3, 2014

Ahhhhh thank you so much Gouma-den for reviving this series!!! Hoping we can properly finally see the end to this story. I read the spoilers but yeah not the same. Love this story so damn much. It's been a while so it's time for a reread to refresh my memory.

were did you read the spoilers??? can I know how it ends???

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

were did you read the spoilers??? can I know how it ends???

Just scroll back a few pages in this thread. yes it's yuri end

Tumblr_f6d05058b480ae6dc93b7be97267484b_75e8b751_1280
joined May 31, 2020

anybody know where i can see the raws for the ending? i need to know how it ends because if it doesn't end the way i want it to, i think the angst will kill me

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god like, someone offered up the possibility that Maya may be trans several chapters and years ago now, and holy shit, this chapter with it's "only a few people called me by that name" in addition to everything else that other people have noticed from previous chapters. No way there's a cis explanation for this one haha

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and yet it's never said so it's forever an headcanon

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Great chapter. So Maya was crushing on the pres before right? She definitely has a type lol

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Didn't really care for Hidesuke before but I dislike him slightly less after that speech at the end there.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Just because it's not explicitly said doesnt make it a headcanon. Or else everything would be headcanon.

It's pretty obviously canon to me. Since the beginning it has been fairly obvious. And the only valid explanation.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just because it's not explicitly said doesnt make it a headcanon. Or else everything would be headcanon.

It's pretty obviously canon to me. Since the beginning it has been fairly obvious. And the only valid explanation.

There is surely some other valid explanation, you only take the one you want to be true. There is nothing to have an headcanon.

To reply you must either login or sign up.