Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I wouldn't want sensei to burn themselves out but if it's smth they want i'd love them to get picked up for a full serialization. 100% willing to wait for monthly chapters instead too, I really hope they're not stretching themself thin delivering quality pages like this weekly

If there's a series that deserves serialization, it's this one. Quality is already at manga level... hell, well beyond most manga, even.

the thing is: is there any publisher (even if online) willing to pick up a story that as far as we know could be short af? for now the plot is based on the misunderstanding…
the quality is superb, but who knows what business people will think

i now wish i was a publisher

last edited at May 25, 2022 1:15PM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Aya never mentioned her first name to Mitsuki in that call. She'll at least realize this later on and probably ask the latter how she knew. Mitsuki can easily clear up the misunderstanding right then and there but that would be it or she could make a white lie that would only spark suspicion on Aya. Not sure if the author is planning on a very long story here, but they were quick enough to make Aya think about work Mitsuki after she slipped the earbud to her ear. This makes me think they don't intend to prolong this misunderstanding. Also someone mentioned that there's 0% chance that Aya would fall for school Mitsuki but they're forgetting that school Mitsuki can easily engage Aya about music too and they have more time together at school.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ Aya’s mom yelled her name just before Mitsuki said it. There’s no reason for Aya to doubt that that’s how Mitsuki learned it, even if she did already know it from school.

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Was surprised to see Nirvana

joined Mar 21, 2017

^ Aya’s mom yelled her name just before Mitsuki said it. There’s no reason for Aya to doubt that that’s how Mitsuki learned it, even if she did already know it from school.

Plus Mitsuki mentions Ayas mum straight after that.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Was surprised to see Nirvana

Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and, perhaps, in the future we’ll see more recent alt stuff like… MITSKI.
( I can swear Mitsuki is named after Mitski, the author’s music taste and the fact that apparently they are half-american make me even more suspicious )

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

For some reason I think there is a chance Mitsuki didn’t know Aya’s first name. The same way Aya probably has no idea of Mitsuki’s name (we’ll only know that after record shop mitsuki gives her real name or not to aya)

Correct me if I’m wrong but until you are close to a classmate in Japan you stay at surname basis, and yeah roll calls exist and stuff but would you pay attention to the first name if it’s just a random classmate?? These girls seem to never have talked at school…

So I think Aya at some point is probably gonna have a “Wait, [family name]-san is… Mitsuki-kun??!?!??!??” moment. Specially if she gets close to her fellow alt girl classmate and starts suspecting

Also someone mentioned that there's 0% chance that Aya would fall for school Mitsuki but they're forgetting that school Mitsuki can easily engage Aya about music too and they have more time together at school.

Even if she falls, i think she’ll be in blatant denial and try focusing on her “male” crush.

There isn’t a 0% chance she’ll fall but the gyaru going “hm this girl IS interesting (in a gay way) huh” and thinking she’s in love with two people is close to zero lol
Homegirl will probably connect the dots AFTER she finds out her crush and her classmate are the same person and think “Oh so THAT’S why I was feeling that way for her (classmate)”

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I remember those awkward first phone calls, especially in the before times when it was on a landline with little/no privacy.

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

There isn’t a 0% chance she’ll fall but the gyaru going “hm this girl IS interesting (in a gay way) huh” and thinking she’s in love with two people is close to zero lol
Homegirl will probably connect the dots AFTER she finds out her crush and her classmate are the same person and think “Oh so THAT’S why I was feeling that way for her (classmate)”

But it could happen

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

But it could happen

a part of me hopes it does, that'd be some GREAT bisexual representation.

but I'm trynna be realistic and not expecting it

last edited at May 26, 2022 4:04PM

joined Apr 2, 2015

i love their story a lot even if it's short :<

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

i love their story a lot even if it's short :<

I think their story is gay and very nice. really tickles my heart

Screen%20shot%202022-05-23%20at%2011.57.51%20pm
joined May 20, 2022

Whooooooooo's ready for the new chapter to drop tomorrow night or Sunday morning?

joined Dec 13, 2019

Whooooooooo's ready for the new chapter to drop tomorrow night or Sunday morning?

I'm actually going to be away for a couple of weeks so I won't be here to translate it, I don't mind if someone jumps in to do it though.

last edited at May 28, 2022 4:46AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Aya never mentioned her first name to Mitsuki in that call. She'll at least realize this later on and probably ask the latter how she knew. Mitsuki can easily clear up the misunderstanding right then and there but that would be it or she could make a white lie that would only spark suspicion on Aya. Not sure if the author is planning on a very long story here, but they were quick enough to make Aya think about work Mitsuki after she slipped the earbud to her ear. This makes me think they don't intend to prolong this misunderstanding. Also someone mentioned that there's 0% chance that Aya would fall for school Mitsuki but they're forgetting that school Mitsuki can easily engage Aya about music too and they have more time together at school.

If anything, I theorize the way Aya is gonna find out about Mitsuki is through the tattoo on her wrist. The wristband will probably accidentally slide off or something and Aya will connect the dots herself.

Another misunderstanding might be Aya thinking Mitsuki is the sister of "the guy working at the music store" since she already had noted the similarity

last edited at May 28, 2022 5:29AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I'm actually going to be away for a couple of weeks so I won't be here to translate it, I don't mind if someone jumps in to do it though.

Oh no. You were my only hope… :(
Hope you enjoy your break, tho

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Amarrez posted:

We can survive for a a couple of weeks or more XP thank you for sharing this work with us!
So... I guess we wait now XP

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Amarrez posted:

We can survive for a a couple of weeks or more XP thank you for sharing this work with us!
So... I guess we wait now XP

I actually think some brazilians on Mangadex are translating it directly from the japanese one, so if you speak portuguese and don't wanna wait...
However, patience is indeed a virtue, so let us wait.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I'm happy just looking at it on Twitter.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

We can survive for a a couple of weeks or more XP

Sez who?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ Suicide-baiting translators is uh, maybe not cool? Maybe don’t do that?

Jokes like the one before actually are a big, heartfelt, powerful expression of appreciation for the work of the translator. Surely you realize that when somebody says they can't live without you they simply mean they love you a lot, right?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I'm happy just looking at it on Twitter.

You are brave. I'd get too curious about the story.
I'll rather avoid Sumiko-sensei's tweets like the plague or read the brazilian translations if they drop any

last edited at May 28, 2022 10:46PM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I did it, because it was easy and Amarrez gave permission...

I'll leave it to them once they're back.

joined Jul 24, 2020

why is this so good

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

gd what happened to this thread?

anywayy, author addressed the nail polish loll! im team love triangle, i have a feeling aya is going to end up falling for both versions of mitsuki and having a dilemma.
I give thanks to the artist as well as all translators!

To reply you must either login or sign up.