Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I honestly hope that Aya starts suspecting on her own, without Mitsuki saying a thing. I mean, she kinda brought it on herself for thinking it’s a dude when perhaps the voice could give it away. Her side of the story will be about finding out that gender doesn’t matter to her (she fell for an androgynous looking person and personality other than exclusively because she thought it was a guy), if we consider that this manga will go full yuri.

I just want her to start suspecting that this nerdy girl next to her holds some pretty strong similarities to her crush (mole, a bunch of holes in her ear that mean she wears piercings, a suspicious band covering her arm — an accidental tattoo reveal would be fun).

Anyways, there are SO MANY WAYS this story could unfold and I honestly am agonizing over the fact we only get 4 pages per week lol

The one I was thinking of as a possibility was if Mitsuki had to wear a mask for some reason in school.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I honestly hope that Aya starts suspecting on her own, without Mitsuki saying a thing. I mean, she kinda brought it on herself for thinking it’s a dude when perhaps the voice could give it away. Her side of the story will be about finding out that gender doesn’t matter to her (she fell for an androgynous looking person and personality other than exclusively because she thought it was a guy), if we consider that this manga will go full yuri.

I just want her to start suspecting that this nerdy girl next to her holds some pretty strong similarities to her crush (mole, a bunch of holes in her ear that mean she wears piercings, a suspicious band covering her arm — an accidental tattoo reveal would be fun).

Anyways, there are SO MANY WAYS this story could unfold and I honestly am agonizing over the fact we only get 4 pages per week lol

The one I was thinking of as a possibility was if Mitsuki had to wear a mask for some reason in school.

COVID ARC???????????!??!?!?!!!!!???? jk
Nah, I think the tattoo is most likely to give away. I mean, it only takes a mere accident for the wristband to slip and for Aya notice it's the EXACT SAME TATTOO.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nah, I think the tattoo is most likely to give away. I mean, it only takes a mere accident for the wristband to slip and for Aya notice it's the EXACT SAME TATTOO.

"Oh, no! He has a girlfriend!"

...admittedly, a reaction like this would make for quite an interesting development as well, with Mitsuki having to explain that, no, she's not his girlfriend - she's "he".

last edited at May 23, 2022 11:26AM

joined Feb 1, 2021

...admittedly, a reaction like this would make for quite an interesting development as well, with Mitsuki having to explain that, no, she's not his girlfriend - she's "he".

Ah, the two-person love triangle so beloved of superhero comics XD

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

LMFAO

but I loved the possibility of Aya thinking Mitsuki is the record store guy's gf and Mitsuki having to go like "B*TCH, DO I LOOK LIKE I DATE SOMEONE??? (Only you can change that)"

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Two-person love triangles are pretty fun when they have to decide which one they like more. If Aya falls for Mitsuki in her school persona and Mitsuki in her record store persona, that's the kind of drama I would be all for. Actually, I think that's the plot of You've Got Mail so never mind.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Jeez who cares about the ethics right now?

What I want to know is are we being spoiled with frequent updates right now, but it may end soon? Or does this just get updated frequently? I hope it's the second one.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

What I want to know is are we being spoiled with frequent updates right now, but it may end soon? Or does this just get updated frequently? I hope it's the second one.

Updates are weekly, every Sunday, on the author's twitter. https://twitter.com/agu_knzm
I hope we get more than one update per week as the story continues but this is, after all, a twitter project, so the author might be too busy with other projects (payed ones).

Truewarrior
joined Dec 13, 2014

So gay that her hips give out if a pretty girl has a slightly awkward phone conversation with her.

What is that, 40th percentile? I have no reference level.

Screen%20shot%202022-05-23%20at%2011.57.51%20pm
joined May 20, 2022

So gay that her hips give out if a pretty girl has a slightly awkward phone conversation with her.

As another poster said earlier: "Hips don't lie."

joined Sep 1, 2021

Two-person love triangles are pretty fun when they have to decide which one they like more. If Aya falls for Mitsuki in her school persona and Mitsuki in her record store persona, that's the kind of drama I would be all for. Actually, I think that's the plot of You've Got Mail so never mind.

When the two get together, she'll be dating Mitsuki at school AND Mitsuki at work - is that polyamory?

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Two-person love triangles are pretty fun when they have to decide which one they like more. If Aya falls for Mitsuki in her school persona and Mitsuki in her record store persona, that's the kind of drama I would be all for.

There's basically 0,00% chance of Aya falling for school-persona Mitsuki. She's doesn't fit her preference at all. The only doki moment they had was when Aya for a very short instant thought she saw on her schoolmate a shadow of the hunky handsome guy she's head over heels for.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Two-person love triangles are pretty fun when they have to decide which one they like more. If Aya falls for Mitsuki in her school persona and Mitsuki in her record store persona, that's the kind of drama I would be all for.

There's basically 0,00% chance of Aya falling for school-persona Mitsuki. She's doesn't fit her preference at all. The only doki moment they had was when Aya for a very short instant thought she saw on her schoolmate a shadow of the hunky handsome guy she's head over heels for.

Never tell me the odds!

joined May 20, 2022

Never tell me the odds!

This one's optimistic!

Who knows, maybe we will see more top energy coming from Mitsuki this week?

joined Apr 17, 2022

Shy announcement

There is a Discord server to talk about this manga now. The forum can get too confusing when ppl are fired up and Discord allows you to search for words in the messages.

https://discord.gg/cQW8hrmsk6

(Currently having a Foo Fighters listening party. This one is for the alt people out there)

A pity i don't like the Foo Fighters post The Colour And The Shape :p

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Shy announcement

There is a Discord server to talk about this manga now. The forum can get too confusing when ppl are fired up and Discord allows you to search for words in the messages.

(Currently having a Foo Fighters listening party. This one is for the alt people out there)

You don’t?????????? But Wasting Light is so nice. I get of you, reconsider. Try listening to “Walk” and “These Days”, it’s neat

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Never tell me the odds!

This one's optimistic!

Who knows, maybe we will see more top energy coming from Mitsuki this week?

Fingers crossed. Maybe she’ll try saying “good morning” the next day at school and end up being smooth af

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Updates are weekly, every Sunday, on the author's twitter. https://twitter.com/agu_knzm
I hope we get more than one update per week as the story continues but this is, after all, a twitter project, so the author might be too busy with other projects (payed ones).

Oh thanks very much!

joined Apr 17, 2022

Shy announcement

You don’t?????????? But Wasting Light is so nice. I get of you, reconsider. Try listening to “Walk” and “These Days”, it’s neat

They changed their sound after "The colour" to what i thought of as being a more generic rock sound. My music tastes got heavier after that too but i still like to go back sometimes and listen to Nirvana, AIC and Soundgarden. I'll check out your recommendation though later today.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

also, in terms of queer perspectives, well, it may be true that overall there is less transphobia in the lgbtq+ community than in the general population, there are absolutely pockets of intense transphobia there, especially in for example (where i'm from) the uk

Lately there's been a lot of bad press against "transphobic lesbians who refuse to fuck trans women cause they have a cock" with accusations of discrimination and shit... it's a bit of a head-scratcher to me...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

also, in terms of queer perspectives, well, it may be true that overall there is less transphobia in the lgbtq+ community than in the general population, there are absolutely pockets of intense transphobia there, especially in for example (where i'm from) the uk

Lately there's been a lot of bad press against "transphobic lesbians who refuse to fuck trans women cause they have a cock" with accusations of discrimination and shit... it's a bit of a head-scratcher to me...

please, please, don't bring that terf shit here, seriously. this is not the place for that kind of discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Shy announcement

They changed their sound after "The colour" to what i thought of as being a more generic rock sound. My music tastes got heavier after that too but i still like to go back sometimes and listen to Nirvana, AIC and Soundgarden. I'll check out your recommendation though later today.

Well that's valid af tbh.
But hey, what do you mean by heavier? If you'd like to send some recs...

joined Dec 13, 2020

please, please, don't bring that terf shit here, seriously. this is not the place for that kind of discussion

Too late for that, honey. Just read the thread and you'll see.

If you wanna complain about things out of place, you could say a few words about that guy who joined like a week ago with his Pikachu sockpuppet and since then has done nothing but advertise nonstop to make people leave this forum—which he calls outdated and burdensome and useless—and go join his cool and modern discord server instead.

joined May 20, 2022

Too late for that, honey. Just read the thread and you'll see.

If you wanna complain about things out of place, you could say a few words about that guy who joined like a week ago with his Pikachu sockpuppet and since then has done nothing but advertise nonstop to make people leave this forum—which he calls outdated and burdensome and useless—and go join his cool and modern discord server instead.

Wow, alright -- what a way to build community! What's wrong with trying to connect with others who share a keen interest with this manga and create more of a fluid discussion? Sounds like you're just a ~bitter queen~ looking to create hostility and discord (no pun intended).

Also, my pronouns are she/her.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Wow, alright -- what a way to build community! What's wrong with trying to connect with others who share a keen interest with this manga and create more of a fluid discussion? Sounds like you're just a ~bitter queen~ looking to create hostility and discord (no pun intended).

Also, my pronouns are she/her.

Psst wlftchtr82 ... don't look now ...
You mistook your sockpuppet for your main account ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.