Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Totally agree, @Loopy. Anyway, I am not going to play into their mind games. Moving on!

Any scenario predictions for Saturday/Sunday's upload?

I think Aya is gonna talk about her nerve-racking phone call with her gyaru friends at school and Mitsuki is going to be all like “gosh this is awkward” again.

I think this week’s chapter is going to have less momentum, but I wanna be surprised so… Let’s hope I am guessing wrong lol

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn if only this can smoothly happen in reality, I wish for this kind of wholesomeness. like lord whennnn???

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Wow, alright -- what a way to build community! What's wrong with trying to connect with others who share a keen interest with this manga and create more of a fluid discussion? Sounds like you're just a ~bitter queen~ looking to create hostility and discord (no pun intended).

Also, my pronouns are she/her.

Psst wlftchtr82 ... don't look now ...
You mistook your sockpuppet for your main account ...

What happened??

wlftchtr82 created an account only to call for our forumites to leave Dynasty and go to his Discord server. He also made a sock account, trikotri, to voice support for himself. Maybe he made more: trikotri is the one obvious sock, you just have to take a look at the posting history to realize it, but there are others very recent accounts (all created in the last weeks) that have been playing chorus to wlftchtr82 and may be socks too.
H A U S warned us about wlftchtr82 and "his" spin campaign, to which wlftchtr82 replied with insults and claimed to identify with the pronouns she/her. However, in his hurry, he messed up and posted the message as trikotri... with the hilarious result that we now have at the top of the page the post by H A U S talking about wlftchtr82 and immediately after that the post by trikotri replying "how dare you talk about me like that" which truly is worthy of a laughing gif. XD

Wow, okay. Interesting how you decided to "explain" what happened by repeating baseless conspiracy theories and deliberately misgendering a person (like, even if the whole thing about the accounts were true, why would that necessarily mean it was a guy who did it??). You obviously didn't really follow the discussion if you thought that the first person answering to H A U S's post was somehow proof that she supposedly messed up her accounts. And regardless of who these accounts belong to, they weren't really hurting nor "insulting" anybody (and certainly not by "claiming to identify with the pronouns she/her" lol, what is even your issue with that?)

joined Apr 6, 2019

"All seduction is based on deception."
In the words of Sun Tzu, or his playboy cousin, I don't remember anymore.

joined Aug 29, 2019

That moment when you go to the thread to maybe voice how the manga's kinda cute and lovely and then...

I mean, I'm used to being involved in stuff like this, not walk in on it.

last edited at May 24, 2022 2:22PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Hahaha. Was that a Michel Régnier reference?

But srsly you people talking about how tricking others to seduce them is bad don't seem to understand how the Japanese think about these things... which in a forum of manga fans is fairly bizarre to say the least.

Nobody remembers one Tenou Haruka?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Akiji posted:

wlftchtr82 created an account only to call for our forumites to leave Dynasty and go to his Discord server.

Took some time to look into it, and none of the signup evidence available to me suggests any specific bad behaviour. Dynasty's forum is outdated, and I sympathise with the issues folks have with it. I have no general problem with folks forming their own off-site communities if they so choose, and the Discord link posted is safe (at the time of my post).

It would be nice if we could move on from this and similar off-topic discussions. Thanks.

last edited at May 24, 2022 3:26PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Akiji posted:

wlftchtr82 created an account only to call for our forumites to leave Dynasty and go to his Discord server.

Took some time to look into it, and none of the signup evidence available to me suggests any specific bad behaviour. Dynasty's forum is outdated, and I sympathise with the issues folks have with it. I have no general problem with folks forming their own off-site communities if they so choose, and the Discord link posted is safe (at the time of my post).

It would be nice if we could move on from this and similar off-topic discussions. Thanks.

Thank you. I did not like being accused of such actions out of the blue and I am sorry you had to check to see if such claims were true.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

damn if only this can smoothly happen in reality, I wish for this kind of wholesomeness. like lord whennnn???

You've unlocked every sapphic's cause of distress. Would you like to add this item to your list of anxieties?

last edited at May 24, 2022 3:37PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

@wlftchtr82
Sorry, just managed to get to get back my original account on here, luckily they have similar user names so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is replying ;)
Sepultura is very well known and i like their albums from the 90's and Iron Maiden is always a classic and very influential in the Japanese Metal scene as you can probably tell.

I'm glad they changed the uncle's character design to what it is now, let's you see who might be influential in Mitsuki's life. As much as this is a story about the two girls i hope he is a regular character.

Screen%20shot%202022-05-23%20at%2011.57.51%20pm
joined May 20, 2022

Akiji posted:

@OrangePekoe: Thank you—I completely agree that off-topic discussions (and related drama) should be avoided. I found this forum by chance when I was looking for a community to chat about this particular manga. Instead, I experienced harm and toxicity from certain individuals here, although who knows if they were duplicated accounts by one person. I appreciate that you spoke up as an admin, as the drama and toxic behavior repeatedly kept instigating itself into the conversation and sidetracking from the main discussion.

last edited at May 24, 2022 4:32PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I'm glad they changed the uncle's character design to what it is now, let's you see who might be influential in Mitsuki's life. As much as this is a story about the two girls i hope he is a regular character.

I bet Uncle-san will be the ultimate wingman. If he doesn't give tips to Mitsuki I will riot!!!
He's such a nice guy... and he sensed the yuri real fast

Btw, it looks like he's actually her guardian, doesn't it? How many people would let teens (16-17) have this insane amount of piercings and a tattoo? She's either being raised by cool uncle or her parents are liberal and she just got lucky to have a really cool family.
Would be cool to see her having a non-traditional family (uncle as guardian)

last edited at May 24, 2022 4:49PM

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

That was fun as hell to watch. Glad to have seen my first form drama ever get resolved. I love this site

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

That was fun as hell to watch. Glad to have seen my first form drama ever get resolved. I love this site

As a third party I bet it was, but as the target it was actually annoying. I could end up being banned lololololol

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

But srsly you people talking about how tricking others to seduce them is bad don't seem to understand how the Japanese think about these things... which in a forum of manga fans is fairly bizarre to say the least.

Especially manga Haruka, hm?
Usagi: "Haruka, are you a boy or a girl?"
Haruka: "Oh sweetheart... boy, girl, what's the difference?"
(then she grabs Usagi and gives her a KISS that mindblanks her for five minutes... she only snaps out of it when her friends arrive and ask what's she's doing just sitting on the ground with a besotted look on her face)

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

As a third party I bet it was, but as the target it was actually annoying. I could end up being banned lololololol

no way you are too cool to get booted from here don't worry about it, as you know yuri fans are passionate but hey it'll be water under the bridge in like 2 days tops. also oh god the character designs are so good

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Especially manga Haruka, hm?
Usagi: "Haruka, are you a boy or a girl?"
Haruka: "Oh sweetheart... boy, girl, what's the difference?"
(then she grabs Usagi and gives her a KISS that mindblanks her for five minutes... she only snaps out of it when her friends arrive and ask what's she's doing just sitting on the ground with a besotted look on her face)

Well see this is another example of what I was talking about. There are at least two problems with SU's angle: first she refuses to give a clear answer to a simple and honest question as if it wasn't of obvious relevance; second, hello unsolicited sexual touching! Ever heard of asking first?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

it was really smooth how the author used Mitsuki's hand to cover her face on page 4 of chapter 7 instead of putting a mask on her for Aya's view

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

it was really smooth how the author used Mitsuki's hand to cover her face on page 4 of chapter 7 instead of putting a mask on her for Aya's view

Really was. Gives a lot more impact to the scene, showing it as if Mitsuki is whispering directly in her ear, without mask, because in a way Mitsuki’s smooth af “Aya-san?” is being said directly to her ear (via phone), unmuffled voice and all.
And the feel of having your crush say your name this and the sound of it be so close to you might be… impactful, even if it’s just in Aya’s imagination.

11/10 for symbolism
100% can imagine this scene play out on an anime

last edited at May 24, 2022 11:44PM

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

11/10 for symbolism

oh god imagine if this got big enough for a anime or to get picked up for a official manga release. would make my whole month tbh

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

11/10 for symbolism

oh god imagine if this got big enough for a anime or to get picked up for a official manga release. would make my whole month tbh

if it gets picked for manga release i’m gonna buy it despite not knowing a word in japanese

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I wouldn't want sensei to burn themselves out but if it's smth they want i'd love them to get picked up for a full serialization. 100% willing to wait for monthly chapters instead too, I really hope they're not stretching themself thin delivering quality pages like this weekly

last edited at May 25, 2022 8:39AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

100% willing to wait for monthly chapters instead too, I really hope they're not stretching themself thin delivering quality pages like this weekly

exactly! makes me a bit worried to see they haven’t been tweeting much after they started uploading the series
i wonder if it’s deliberate or if they don’t have a lot of free time rn. i’d hate to find out this series is a bit to blame for that. sensei deserves rest

Screen%20shot%202022-05-23%20at%2011.57.51%20pm
joined May 20, 2022

100% willing to wait for monthly chapters instead too, I really hope they're not stretching themself thin delivering quality pages like this weekly

exactly! makes me a bit worried to see they haven’t been tweeting much after they started uploading the series
i wonder if it’s deliberate or if they don’t have a lot of free time rn. i’d hate to find out this series is a bit to blame for that. sensei deserves rest

If you auto-translate the author's Twitter bio, she states: "I'm not good at SNS and I'm basically hiding, but I'm really happy to see it." At least she sees the appreciation coming through in the comments!

joined Dec 13, 2020

I wouldn't want sensei to burn themselves out but if it's smth they want i'd love them to get picked up for a full serialization. 100% willing to wait for monthly chapters instead too, I really hope they're not stretching themself thin delivering quality pages like this weekly

If there's a series that deserves serialization, it's this one. Quality is already at manga level... hell, well beyond most manga, even.

To reply you must either login or sign up.