Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

I want that "late night great white" shirt

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Is it just me or did that cliffhanger feel like the Unforgettable Truck is about to make a cameo?

joined Jun 21, 2021

That color intro with Ayaka talking about school days and looking at an album feels like the future... I think this might actually finally be the final volume.

I cannot freaking believe we got 6 volumes of this. This feels like it should have ended ages ago, but we were blessed with even more, and it's all been great. God bless this manga.

It’s absolutely the future given it was an album and her hair is noticeably shorter…I didn’t think it meant this would be the final volume though and now I’m sad if true….all good things have to come to an end though

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Please please please don’t be the final volume yet I need this to make my days brighter. The colored page scares me.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lmfao with that opening I thought we suddenly jumped to the final chapter

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

Is it just me or did that cliffhanger feel like the Unforgettable Truck is about to make a cameo?

Ooh, you mean Truck-kun? Yeah they would’ve never had to point out the light and the sign if something wasn’t about to happen. And her walking in the dark? Naaaw. Idk here’s to hoping it’s only like that kiss scene in the Alice anime, where the truck passes by right when Seri kissed her friend.

joined May 29, 2021

Why did they take a whole panel to show the walk signal? WHY DID THEY TAKE A WHOLE PANEL TO SHOW THE WALK SIGNAL?

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

Truck-kun about to have a field day

joined Aug 10, 2021

Fucking stop talking about Truck-kun pleaaaseee

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Nice chapter as usual.

Also, like, I did get a little concerned with the coloured pages. I really hope this isn't the last volume. Several flags have been risen suggesting some events that hadn't happened yet, and I'm not sure one volume is enough to fit those AND the regular stuff.

joined Mar 23, 2022

please don't be the final volume please don't be the final volume please don't be the final volume please don't be the final volume please don't be the final volume please don't be the final volume.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Why y'all so worried...

Truck-kun? This isn't Walk to Death, and while drastic things could happen, I think there's plenty going on already.

I think another five chapters (if the volume has six like the previous) could probably be enough to wrap it up well enough, though naturally I'd rather have eight volumes like some other rather well-regarded Yuri series (even though that series also only really had one volume after properly getting together). As Kashikaze-sensei seems to be well aware, there's plenty of story to be told beyond the chase.

I'm still not over how good this one is turning out. Seriously, we're on the third volume after they got together properly (and IIRC they still haven't done the deed hehe).

last edited at May 25, 2022 7:49AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say that sensei's plan is to run the story all through highschool, maybe end with graduation, possibly put a timeskip epilogue chapter of them in college or as working adults behind that. Would feel right.

If this really is the last volume, i concur that there's enough to wrap things up naturally but of course I hope for the former.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

That is an Adachi feel chapter, since she had a similar issue when she couldn’t spend time with Shinamura even after end in the same classes, but Sora is similar as her but with kiss initiative

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It is the case that sometimes “final panel Walk signal” just means a personal transition for a character who is forging ahead with their life (I distinctly recall such a one for Sayaka in YagaKimi).

Children chant: “Truck-kun stay away, come again some other day.”

joined Aug 29, 2019

It is the case that sometimes “final panel Walk signal” just means a personal transition for a character who is forging ahead with their life (I distinctly recall such a one for Sayaka in YagaKimi).

At first I thought Chapter 14, Intersection, but you're probably thinking of Chapter 36, Someday in the Future...
Pretty much the same metaphor in both chapters, though with "inaction/stagnation" in the first case and with "taking action/moving forward" in the second.

last edited at May 25, 2022 8:38AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

At first I thought Chapter 14, Intersection, but you're probably thinking of Chapter 36, Someday in the Future...
Pretty much the same metaphor in both chapters, though with "inaction/stagnation" in the first case and with "taking action/moving forward" in the second.

The latter, of course--it was really hard not to imagine rounding off that Sayaka sequence with a nice big classic BOOM! truck wipeout, but that clearly was not how that series rolled, and I suspect this one one doesn't either (although I'm not as totally sure this time as with YagaKimi).

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, one can always escape Truck-kun only to be run over by a bike...

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I hope this ends tactfully soon. A big mistake that authors can make is dragging on stories longer then the idea lasts, which can make the story end sour. A great example of this NOT happening is the manga Lilies, Voices, Wear Wind, which ended quickly and beautifully. I'm worried of this story growing stale, so I hope it ends well as soon as the author is finished.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I hope this ends tactfully soon. A big mistake that authors can make is dragging on stories longer then the idea lasts, which can make the story end sour. A great example of this NOT happening is the manga Lilies, Voices, Wear Wind, which ended quickly and beautifully. I'm worried of this story growing stale, so I hope it ends well as soon as the author is finished.

Idk, we've moved way beyond what the story used to be on the outset.
It started as your typical blackmail-based will-they-wont-they scenario about a designated couple that seemed like it'd be a chase full of conveniently inconvenient setbacks. I felt that it was a bit mediocre in that regard, but then things changed.

This is now the third volume that takes part post confession/couple formation. We've moved way into Uncharted Territory, if you will. I don't even know what "the idea" would be, right now. Sure, the coming-out is the next big step, but I don't think that'll be our conclusion.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If you name your child Ayaka, you are guaranteeing she will be a driven, somewhat neurotic, high school lesbian. If there's even one blonde with short or bobbed hair, they will gravitate to her, and that will be that. The jury's still out on what sort of lesbian Kannas grow up to be - they can be like Ayakas, or be kept as a child by drunken OLs.

Also, I agree they're wrapping up the story, but the way Ayaka's so distracted, and the light just changed ... well I hope Truck-kun has an attentive driver who won't run lights.

last edited at May 25, 2022 5:41PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

We’ve been way past the idea, and it’s been arguably way better since it settled down into basic slice of life and exploring a first relationship. I do get your point in something ending sooner than later for the sake of overall quality, but there’s frankly an endless amount of story to be told about two young people just exploring life

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We’ve been way past the idea, and it’s been arguably way better since it settled down into basic slice of life and exploring a first relationship. I do get your point in something ending sooner than later for the sake of overall quality, but there’s frankly an endless amount of story to be told about two young people just exploring life

Thing is, you can go so far without adding some new drama here and there. I agree with first post, it's better to end on a good note than continuing and possibly getting into a bad one.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I came to the comments section to see the tension around Ayaka crossing the street, because I can never unsee truck-kun on its way

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Thing is, you can go so far without adding some new drama here and there. I agree with first post, it's better to end on a good note than continuing and possibly getting into a bad one.

Tbh I feel like so many romance stories, including outside the Yuri genre, rely too much on the drama of getting together and the start of the relationship and pretty much end when the honeymoon phase is still on. Sure stories that go past that can feel like dragged on, but that’s a credit to the author’s abilities to make the readers invested in the growth and slow gradual changes of a real couple’s life as well as learning the fragility of being a couple thanks to miscommunications and misunderstandings.

I’d personally like to see more stories like this that go past the stages of getting together or others that start at the some of the more complicated stages and probably the most difficult aspect of relationships, which is maintaining a healthy and respectful one for both parties like “The two of them are pretty much like this”. I wouldn’t mind seeing this manga go until their graduation of college and even early career to really show their dedication and growth as individuals and as couples

To reply you must either login or sign up.