Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

let's go the cheating girl is a fckin chad.

biribiri12345
joined Feb 16, 2019

You can't literally expect the other person to keep doting on you forever sure she forgot their anniversary which is wrong but she has a life to focus on which doesn't revolve around her girlfriend, Yuni herself realizes this since she says that she should've called her herself rather than expecting Nanase to do it coz she did it for the past 5 months.

She just got an opportunity to play as a starter which is a big thing for her plus you're 6months into dating, if there is something you're not satisfied with talk it out or break up, Yuni does that in chapter 4 but in chapter 5 she goes back to the old self who desires affection and care which she doesn't even acknowledge that she did something wrong instead she blames Nanase or Fuuko for it.

Well again she is a highschool girl with her first relationship so I don't blame her but I don't think Nanase is playing with her either, I may sound biased since I read the raws but even before that I don't think Nanase is a complete b!tch with no regards for Yuni's feeling

In a relationship where the only time you get to "be in a relationship" is behind closed doors and away from other people (which as we're aware is Nanase's idea), I'd think every bit of affection that they can get matters. And in this, Nanase is not holding up her end of the relationship as well as she could be. And again, as stated, it didn't even need to be anything more than a phone call. Just some time, that Nanase put off so long that Yuni was sure she'd forgotten. It's not "revolving around her girlfriend," it's giving the person who's supposed to be important to you the attention they deserve, on a day where that attention is all the more meaningful.

Sure Nanase wants to keep their relationship a secret and even a 5min call during their anniversary is all Yuni needed, but Yuni knew that Nanase will be busy with her club duties and expecting the other person to take the initiative everytime is kinda ridiculous and Nanase has said why she wants it to be secret coz she doesn't have fond memories of even having a crush back in middle school, just some "trust me and kiss" isn't going to make it all go away.

She forgot the anniversary sure it's wrong but it's realistic, and it's not like she was spending time with a side chick or a girl who said that she is fine being her 2nd girlfriend.

Nanase prioritizes her club very much and Yuni knows that so if there is something she is not satisfied with she ought to outright say like she did in chapter 4.

Nanase as a girlfriend is hard and dumb as brick but she actually talks about it rather than keeping it bottled.

We as readers know Yuni is frustrated with lack of affection coz she blows it on her alt acc but Nanase doesn't read or know what Yuni exactly wants.
Yuni has kinda made a idealized image of Nanase being the perfect girlfriend and when something she doesn't expect happens, it makes her upset.
Next chapter Nanase realizes that she actually needs to show affection to Yuni and even says how she is dating a girl to yuki.
Yuni on the other hand gets a text from nanase saying different than usual to picture she sent(which is actually very different since she just cropped fuuko out of it and is blushing very furiously) and gets disappointed like bruh.

I assume you caught up to the newest raws so I will talk about spoilers.

Yes. Yuni has a lot of problems, but that doesn't mean what Nanase doing is right. Nanase doesn't understand what being in a relationship means, and only does things convenient for herself. She tries to make Yuni happy by buying Yuni a juice, but she got the flavor wrong. She knows their relationship is still tense from her forgetting the anniversary, but she was still going on and on about volleyball, with Yuni looking bored and not able to say anything

I was happy when I saw Nanase telling her friend about her relationship and was beginning to come out of the closet. I thought she was finally going to change for the better. Then she immediately tells Yuni to travel to another city Osaka to watch her match next week. She is not even asking for Yuni's thoughts on it, but pressures Yuni into agreeing to come. "I really look forward to it. You will come right? You can also do some sightseeing too, ALONE." That is not how you ask your partner for something like this. Sure, Nanase is going with the team so she doesn't have to pay travel expenses or worry about her safety, but what about Yuni? Yuni has to pay for her own trip and she doesn't have the money, and it is dangerous for a high school girl to travel alone, but none of these even crossed Nanase's mind. She just tells Yuni to come and that's it. Yuni is so desperate that she has to rely on Fukko's money.

As for the photo, can you really blame Yuni for being mad? Yuni went all the way to Osaka to watch Nanase match. She texted to Nanase "Are you awake? How's your day? How do I look?" with the photo. The only reply was single phrase "You look different today." At lease ask about Yuni's day and tell Yuni about hers for god's sake. If Nanase is going to bed early for the match tomorrow, she can tell Yuni about it and say good night. Nanase did none of these and just went with the one-liner to end the conversation. She is the one the asked Yuni to come but she doesn't even seem to care about how Yuni is doing.

Nanase doesn't need to give up volleyball or anything, she just need to give some thoughts to how Yuni feels, and sadly, she is not doing it at all. Even if we let everything else slide, at the very least Nanase should know it is hard for her girlfriend to spend a large sum of money to go to Osaka to watch her match alone. It should be common sense if Nanase has any consideration for Yuni, but she just takes everything for granted.

last edited at May 24, 2022 4:58PM

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

let's go the cheating girl is a fckin chad.

see. you get it. you fuckin' get it.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

I have no idea what's going on, everyone is a moral loser here.
Just start a poly relationship tbh

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

You can't literally expect the other person to keep doting on you forever sure she forgot their anniversary which is wrong but she has a life to focus on which doesn't revolve around her girlfriend, Yuni herself realizes this since she says that she should've called her herself rather than expecting Nanase to do it coz she did it for the past 5 months.

She just got an opportunity to play as a starter which is a big thing for her plus you're 6months into dating, if there is something you're not satisfied with talk it out or break up, Yuni does that in chapter 4 but in chapter 5 she goes back to the old self who desires affection and care which she doesn't even acknowledge that she did something wrong instead she blames Nanase or Fuuko for it.

Well again she is a highschool girl with her first relationship so I don't blame her but I don't think Nanase is playing with her either, I may sound biased since I read the raws but even before that I don't think Nanase is a complete b!tch with no regards for Yuni's feeling

In a relationship where the only time you get to "be in a relationship" is behind closed doors and away from other people (which as we're aware is Nanase's idea), I'd think every bit of affection that they can get matters. And in this, Nanase is not holding up her end of the relationship as well as she could be. And again, as stated, it didn't even need to be anything more than a phone call. Just some time, that Nanase put off so long that Yuni was sure she'd forgotten. It's not "revolving around her girlfriend," it's giving the person who's supposed to be important to you the attention they deserve, on a day where that attention is all the more meaningful.

Sure Nanase wants to keep their relationship a secret and even a 5min call during their anniversary is all Yuni needed, but Yuni knew that Nanase will be busy with her club duties and expecting the other person to take the initiative everytime is kinda ridiculous and Nanase has said why she wants it to be secret coz she doesn't have fond memories of even having a crush back in middle school, just some "trust me and kiss" isn't going to make it all go away.

She forgot the anniversary sure it's wrong but it's realistic, and it's not like she was spending time with a side chick or a girl who said that she is fine being her 2nd girlfriend.

Nanase prioritizes her club very much and Yuni knows that so if there is something she is not satisfied with she ought to outright say like she did in chapter 4.

Nanase as a girlfriend is hard and dumb as brick but she actually talks about it rather than keeping it bottled.

We as readers know Yuni is frustrated with lack of affection coz she blows it on her alt acc but Nanase doesn't read or know what Yuni exactly wants.
Yuni has kinda made a idealized image of Nanase being the perfect girlfriend and when something she doesn't expect happens, it makes her upset.
Next chapter Nanase realizes that she actually needs to show affection to Yuni and even says how she is dating a girl to yuki.
Yuni on the other hand gets a text from nanase saying different than usual to picture she sent(which is actually very different since she just cropped fuuko out of it and is blushing very furiously) and gets disappointed like bruh.

I assume you caught up to the newest raws so I will talk about spoilers.

Yes. Yuni has a lot of problems, but that doesn't mean what Nanase doing is right. Nanase doesn't understand what being in a relationship means, and only does things convenient for herself. She tries to make Yuni happy by buying Yuni a juice, but she got the flavor wrong. She knows their relationship is still tense from her forgetting the anniversary, but she was still going on and on about volleyball, with Yuni looking bored and not able to say anything

I was happy when I saw Nanase telling her friend about her relationship and was beginning to come out of the closet. I thought she was finally going to change for the better. Then she immediately tells Yuni to travel to another city Osaka to watch her match next week. She is not even asking for Yuni's thoughts on it, but pressures Yuni into agreeing to come. "I really look forward to it. You will come right? You can also do some sightseeing too, ALONE." That is not how you ask your partner for something like this. Sure, Nanase is going with the team so she doesn't have to pay travel expenses or worry about her safety, but what about Yuni? Yuni has to pay for her own trip and she doesn't have the money, and it is dangerous for a high school girl to travel alone, but none of these even crossed Nanase's mind. She just tells Yuni to come and that's it. Yuni is so desperate that she has to rely on Fukko's money.

As for the photo, can you really blame Yuni for being mad? Yuni went all the way to Osaka to watch Nanase match. She texted to Nanase "Are you awake? How's your day? How do I look?" with the photo. The only reply was single phrase "You look different today." At lease ask about Yuni's day and tell Yuni about hers for god's sake. If Nanase is going to bed early for the match tomorrow, she can tell Yuni about it and say good night. Nanase did none of these and just went with the one-liner to end the conversation. She is the one the asked Yuni to come but she doesn't even seem to care about how Yuni is doing.

Nanase doesn't need to give up volleyball or anything, she just need to give some thoughts to how Yuni feels, and sadly, she is not doing it at all. Even if we let everything else slide, at the very least Nanase should know it is hard for her girlfriend to spend a large sum of money to go to Osaka to watch her match alone. It should be common sense if Nanase has any consideration for Yuni, but she just takes everything for granted.

Never said Nanase is the perfect girlfriend either.
Most of the stuff I've mentioned was the problems with Yuni with the updated chapters not the raws.
That whole rambling was about Yuni having "unrealistic standards" comment with expectations and not being understanding about their relationship.
Plus I did mention about Nanase being a dumb girlfriend.
As much as I think Nanase is in the wrong I feel Yuni's lack of communication with nanase makes it worse than it should be.
Leaving your girl alone at Osaka sure that's not right but at the same time Yuni never says her side of stories to Nanase, Fuuko is convenient to Yuni but having a girlfriend and hanging with a girl dead set on becoming your 2nd girlfriend (not completely) is wrong in itself, chapter 8 and 9 makes Nanase a dumb girlfriend which takes things for granted but there are moments when she tries to be with Yuni, in the same chapter she even invites Yuni the next time but that gets interuppted by Fuuko. Yuni is in relationship with nanase for the 6th month and she literally wants to be showered in affection all the time not trying to be understanding or speaking out about the stuff she is not satisfied with.

Ik when I included spoilers I should have spoken with the context and not vague but that still doesn't make Yuni any better than Nanase.

last edited at May 24, 2022 9:52PM

biribiri12345
joined Feb 16, 2019

WHERE CAN I LOOK AT THE RAWS?!

This manga is published on コミック百合姫. You can find scans of the complete magazine in anime torrenting sites. I use nyaa.si but I am sure it is available else where as well.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Starting to feel like I’m rereading the redacted Mueller Report when I come to this forum now.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nanase is a terrible girlfriend and Yuni is a horny teenager. They've been together for 6 months and obviously, Nanase has been getting worse over time, more interested in Volley than in her relationship.

In the end, Yuni spends her time making excuses about what she's doing with Fuuko. Not to mean that she doesn't love Nanase, but she's falling out of love with Nanase fast.

Not to mean she's falling for Fuuko, but Fuuko is giving Yuni what she wants: attention, appreciation and love.

In all logic, Yuni should dump Nanase. But I guess it would be too simple.

last edited at May 25, 2022 3:35AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Of course Fuuko gives Yuni exactly what she wants, she is a creepy stalker who did her homework.

Anywho, Yuni and Nanase are your average "my first high school relationship" to a tee. They have different expectations and ideas about how relationships work, and are bad at communicating them. They are both immature and inexperienced, and like most hs romances, theirs would probably not last for long with or without outside influence. All very standard fare, but I am endlessly fascinated how in the eyes of this comment section all this makes Nanase equivalent to guilty of holocaust while Yuni is... fine because uwu kawaii or something I don't know. I just don't remember ever seeing people go so hard with throwing shade on a character in such a relatively innocuous story, or bat so hard for the creep for that matter. I mean I get that Fuuko is the only notable thing in this manga but still. It really does feel like to many this story too is an exercise in finding who is at fault, when there hardly was anyone who was "right" to begin with.

Having said that, I genuinely do think that all these inside and outside factors make this one a somewhat entertaining read, maybe the comments more than the story itself, in a good-for-a-chuckle sort of way. Probably also some of that morbid curiosity that was mentioned above.

last edited at May 25, 2022 7:24AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Skyrin posted:

Of course Fuuko gives Yuni exactly what she wants, she is a creepy stalker who did her homework.

I think Fuuko has her own story we didn't get to know yet. It's a bit quick to frame her only as a creepy stalker. Japanese authors rarely make one-dimensional villains.

Anyway, all 3 girls are guilty of something at this point.

But at the same time, you can't expect them to act like sensible adults.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for train wrecks, so I'll wait for the next chapters with bated breath.

last edited at May 25, 2022 11:01AM

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Do not misunderstand or assume that because I'm criticizing Nanase that I believe that Yuni or Fuuko are guiltless, I just believe that she's a contributing factor to the problems. I'm not really sure how she's any less guilty than Yuni or anything, but you do you.

or bat so hard for the creep for that matter.

I've said it in other story discussions, but I love awful women. I am a proud supporter of women's rights and women's wrongs. It makes for great drama, whether or not there's any lesson learned.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I think Fuuko has her own story we didn't get to know yet. It's a bit quick to frame her only as a creepy stalker. Japanese authors rarely make one-dimensional villains.

Eeh I think that is a weird generalization to make, there are generic villains in any country's media. However it is true that we might not have all the facts, but going by what we do have, I stand by what I said.

Do not misunderstand or assume that because I'm criticizing Nanase that I believe that Yuni or Fuuko are guiltless, I just believe that she's a contributing factor to the problems. I'm not really sure how she's any less guilty than Yuni or anything, but you do you.

If this was aimed at me, I don't remember claiming that...? Once again, it does not really matter who is more or less guilty of anything when everyone is at fault. There is no running tally of guilt.

or bat so hard for the creep for that matter.

I've said it in other story discussions, but I love awful women. I am a proud supporter of women's rights and women's wrongs. It makes for great drama, whether or not there's any lesson learned.

Heh, that is completely fair.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Omg every time there's a new chapter of this I feel like dancing in the streets!

The story is great, the characters are fascinating and the art is crazy good! Leave it to the author of Luminous Blue to render sexy girls and erotic moments so perfectly!

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

As someone once said "If you dont treat her better you're gonna lose her"

joined Jan 23, 2022

Funny how some people said Yuni is the "shower on affection" type or something like that.
let be honest here if she is truly those types then they relationship doesn't even last 2 weeks

Noobgaymerjooj
Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Okay this Fuuko girl is kinda crazy, she seems like someone who didn't get much attention as a kid and now does these things. Kinda of a psycho there for sure, stalker and all

About the cheating, it almost seems like Yuni was half-wanting that her GF called her on a date and half-waiting for an excuse to cheat on her, Idk really, it could be a so said "moment of weakness" but she's wrong total imo

And Nanase, she is kinda inconsiderate of her GF's feelings, but I don't think it justifies being cheated on. Maybe it would not have happened if she gave nore attention to her, but maybe Yuni would cheat anyway so idk

Eager to see what happens next anyway, interesting story

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

This manga is published on コミック百合姫. You can find scans of the complete magazine in anime torrenting sites. I use nyaa.si but I am sure it is available else where as well.

What words do you search with to find it there? I tried but it did not appear.
Desperate to read more of this

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Reika posted:

What words do you search with to find it there? I tried but it did not appear.
Desperate to read more of this

They literally gave you the words to copy paste. It means "Comics Yuri Hime" in Japanese.

nyaa.si supports Japanese characters.

joined May 28, 2022

Good ntr I support these bitches

TsundereChan
Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

this guy really love his garbage love triangle drama
what a waste of good art

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

What seems to be missing in the current translation is that we are missing extra 1 and extra 2 which are in between 6 and 7. Extra 1 shows that Nanase got a new hair cut, and her friends do not really care so she wanted her hair to grow back ASAP. Yuni was there, and hit on Nanase and said that she absolutely loves Nanase's hairdo. That was how Nanase and Yuni started their relationship. Extra 2 shows that, while Yuni falls asleep in the room, Fuu was talking either to herself or Yuni or both; and to make the story short (you have to read it yourself), Fuuko is playing the long game, using whatever methods to sabotage Yuni's relationship with Nanase, and then keep Yuni all by herself. The game plan is to make Yuni forgets about Nanase bit by bit, like the caterpillar fungus.
There are places that even I could not realize util re-reading it for the third time. Fuuko actually was sexual harassing Yuni while they were both on the stairs in Chapter 1. Then in Chapter 8, she absolutely behaves like a sugar-mama. Providing Yuni the money to go on the Osaka trip, while at the same time sexually foundering Yuni in the classroom.
The one thing I feel is very important is in the last panel of the current issue (July 2022, issued in May) , who says "I love you very much" I think it is Yuni, which means that Fuuko's plan is working very well.
I hate to say this. .I still like Fuuko.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 7:46PM by Alice Cheshire

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I think Yuni and Mei would fit perfectly. One has a ear fetish and likes to lick; the other gets turned on by playing with her ear.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

If Nanase loves sports so much why doesn't she marry it?

WILSON!!!!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Masina posted:

What seems to be missing in the current translation is that we are missing extra 1 and extra 2 which are in between 6 and 7. Extra 1 shows that Nanase got a new hair cut, and her friends do not really care so she wanted her hair to grow back ASAP. Yuni was there, and hit on Nanase and said that she absolutely loves Nanase's hairdo. That was how Nanase and Yuni started their relationship. Extra 2 shows that, while Yuni falls asleep in the room, Fuu was talking either to herself or Yuni or both; and to make the story short (you have to read it yourself), Fuuko is playing the long game, using whatever methods to sabotage Yuni's relationship with Nanase, and then keep Yuni all by herself. The game plan is to make Yuni forgets about Nanase bit by bit, like the caterpillar fungus.
There are places that even I could not realize util re-reading it for the third time. Fuuko actually was sexual harassing Yuni while they were both on the stairs in Chapter 1. Then in Chapter 8, she absolutely behaves like a sugar-mama. Providing Yuni the money to go on the Osaka trip, while at the same time sexually foundering Yuni in the classroom.
The one thing I feel is very important is in the last panel of the current issue (July 2022, issued in May) , who says "I love you very much" I think it is Yuni, which means that Fuuko's plan is working very well.
I hate to say this. .I still like Fuuko.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.

You need to use spoiler tags for content that isn't currently uploaded on Dynasty. For example: =/=Text goes here== (Without the "/" between the first two equals.) For more information on post formatting, see here.

As an addendum, rather than making several posts in a row, you should just go back and edit the one you already made.

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 7:51PM

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Those shoes are always looking so so good!

To reply you must either login or sign up.