Forum › I Won 300 Million Yen in a Lottery so I Started Raising a Freeloader Pretty Girl discussion

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Or, to stick to yuri, that one with the tired novelist who goes to a pet shop and gets a blonde girl as a dog (can't recall title).

I actually reread this one recently. She's not blonde though, so I'd be very amused if you're referring to a different manga that happens to have the exact same thing happen.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 9:53PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Cute artwork, but it's overall very... off-putting. I'm willing to roll with the blatant wish fulfillment premise, but Tenma comes across like a grifter. "Oh hey, you're rich. Let me tell you a sob story to soften you up..."

I'd probably be more open to the premise if there was maybe a page establishing Tenma as actually homeless and actually good natured/honest about the whole thing, because the presentation just makes me suspicious. And since it's a wish fulfillment premise, suspicion just makes the whole thing feel... I don't know how to describe it. Like there's an internal contradiction. Or another shoe is waiting to drop.

Usually these stories start like this, and get into the tragic backstory later.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Or, to stick to yuri, that one with the tired novelist who goes to a pet shop and gets a blonde girl as a dog (can't recall title).

I actually reread this one recently. She's not blonde though, so I'd be very amused if you're referring to a different manga that happens to have the exact same thing happen.

Ah yes that's the one I was talking about. I said blonde because I remembered her with light hair, lighter than the MC's. Guess I should have said light brown.
You're right: it'd be funny if there was another yuri manga fitting that exact description. ツ

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This is rich indeed.

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

Money money money.

It's so funny.

It's a rich womans' world.

As a fan of ABBA, I like your comment

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The freeloader I feel like is gonna turn out to be a runaway idol or something

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Money money money.

It's so funny.

It's a rich womans' world.

It's only normal. In the words of Jimmy De Santa: when you got money, bitches come a-flocking!
Nothing strange with this plotline. (⌒.-)=★

Pfp%202
joined Sep 4, 2020

Possibly the most intense U-Hauling I've ever seen lmao

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

seems interesting, hope it goes well

joined Dec 8, 2020

300 million aren't enough to support a Thot!!

joined Dec 28, 2016

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it. You also can't live extravagantly on that amount of money.

last edited at May 3, 2022 1:27PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

&

300 million yen is less than 3 million dollars and rent is astronomically high idk if this money is going to last longer than five years

&

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it.

You reasonable, well-meaning people are missing an important point: the MC doesn't plan to live 40 or 50 years on that money. It's a plot point already established that she believes she has used up all her life's luck and thinks there's a good chance she will be struck down by lightning tomorrrow.... so she doesn't plan to save for her old age: she wants to SPLURGE and live high on the hog!
I'm certain that the role the 'thot' will play in this story is to help the MC spend money like an oil tycoon and enjoy the good things in life. As for how long the 300 million yen will last—and what will happen when the MC finds herself stone broke—your guess is as good as mine.
My guess: the two girls will fall in love, so thot-chan won't leave the penniless MC (and look for another sugar mommy) as would normally be the case, but will instead stick to her and the two will live happily ever after. Because romantic comedy, right?

last edited at May 3, 2022 5:23PM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

&

300 million yen is less than 3 million dollars and rent is astronomically high idk if this money is going to last longer than five years

&

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it.

You reasonable, well-meaning people are missing an important point: the MC doesn't plan to live 40 or 50 years on that money. It's a plot point already established that she believes she has used up all her life's luck and thinks there's a good chance she will be struck down by lightning tomorrrow.... so she doesn't plan to save for her old age: she wants to SPLURGE and live high on the hog!
I'm certain that the role the 'thot' will play in this story is to help the MC spend money like an oil tycoon and enjoy the good things in life. As for how long the 300 million yen will last—and what will happen when the MC finds herself stone broke—your guess is as good as mine.
My guess: the two girls will fall in love, so thot-chan won't leave the penniless MC (and look for another sugar mommy) as would normally be the case, but will instead stick to her and the two will live happily ever after. Because romantic comedy, right?

How about this, the ho takes everything and scrams like the golddigger she is, then lottery woman finds a homely girl who really cares about her and deserves her love, and in this way she learns looks aren't everything.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

hmmm idk about this one it seems a bit forced

Yes_pfp
joined Oct 30, 2021

i am down with this art style

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Let's see how this goes! This looks horrible. It has as many red flags as a slasher movie. But I like the art, mostly the clothing design. I'm in.

I expect the worst because, for me, this premise is a dumpster with a flammable sign. Few things crawl out of that dumpster and most catch fire.

last edited at May 5, 2022 11:48PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ergzay posted:

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it. You also can't live extravagantly on that amount of money.

It's actually not that bad depending on where you live and how old you are. 300,000,000 yen is around $3,000,000usd. If I were to budget that for around 30 years (I'm currently 33 so that'd be until the age of 63, and considering my family's history for biological males that's actually overshooting things a bit) that'd be around $100,000 per year. I'd actually probably have trouble spending $100,000 in a single year since I'm fairly frugal for the most part. I'd be able to live rather comfortably on $50-60,000 pretty easily where I live. It wouldn't be anything particularly extravagant but it'd be enough for me to comfortably pay all my bills, buy all my necessities, and then pay for the things I want. And if you just dump that $3,000,000 in a savings account then that'd result in it taking even longer to burn through it all. It really depends on the person and cost of living in that person's area.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

She might be scamming her, but if she actually is homeless than i think she’d probably be in the right for doing so.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

She learned the proper way to respond after winning the lottery by reading Dynasty Reader®.

joined Nov 22, 2019

ergzay posted:

It's actually not that bad depending on where you live and how old you are. 300,000,000 yen is around $3,000,000usd. If I were to budget that for around 30 years (I'm currently 33 so that'd be until the age of 63, and considering my family's history for biological males that's actually overshooting things a bit) that'd be around $100,000 per year. I'd actually probably have trouble spending $100,000 in a single year since I'm fairly frugal for the most part. I'd be able to live rather comfortably on $50-60,000 pretty easily where I live. It wouldn't be anything particularly extravagant but it'd be enough for me to comfortably pay all my bills, buy all my necessities, and then pay for the things I want. And if you just dump that $3,000,000 in a savings account then that'd result in it taking even longer to burn through it all. It really depends on the person and cost of living in that person's area.

Seriously, people always downplay how much money a couple million dollars is. Let's say she just spent $5000 on clothes in this chapter. That's 5000/3000000, which is 0.0016. That means that buying an entire clothing store only cost her 0.2% if her new wealth. If she spent $5000 a day, every day for the rest to her life, she would run out of money in 500 fucking years! Half a millennium, spending $5k a day, an never running out of money on 3 million. Thats why its so absurd for one person to be worth half a trillion $$. Shits absurd and people don't fully grasp it

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

It will end in true love when she finally runs out of her winnings and gets a job again to support her freeloader and the freeloader realises she wants to be loved for more than her face and also gets a job. They become a normal couple.

Also if you're supporting a freeloader, you should probably go ahead and ask her what her situation is instead of feeling like a burden (there's a specific word for this feeling in my native language but it doesn't exist in english)

last edited at May 13, 2022 11:26PM

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

ergzay posted:

Seriously, people always downplay how much money a couple million dollars is. Let's say she just spent $5000 on clothes in this chapter. That's 5000/3000000, which is 0.0016. That means that buying an entire clothing store only cost her 0.2% if her new wealth. If she spent $5000 a day, every day for the rest to her life, she would run out of money in 500 fucking years! Half a millennium, spending $5k a day, an never running out of money on 3 million. Thats why its so absurd for one person to be worth half a trillion $$. Shits absurd and people don't fully grasp it

Seriously lol, even a million USD would set me up for life.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This is really cute but she's gonna run out real quick

joined Jan 14, 2020

Your math is in severe error somewhere. Spending $5000 a day, $3 million would last 600 days, less than 2 years. Spending $500/day would last 16 years.

Ignoring both interest and inflation, if you spent $3 million over 60 years, that gives a budget of $137/day. $4100/month, $50,000/year. Not bad, but hardly frivolously rich.

Now, $300 million would be another matter. You could spend $5000/day for 164 years.

But she has 300 million yen, not dollars.

joined May 1, 2015

This money is going to run out quickly.
Oh well, might as well have some fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.