Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I'm gonna be honest, I really didn't got all those flirty vibes from this chapter as people are saying, of course it had it's puns but for me it was more Naruko being a support and helping Haru understand something that she was having difficult to realize than any chemistry going on between them

Also poor Hii was a side character for almost the entire chapter, lol

Given I'm one of the people who mentionned flirting, I'd like to specify I don't really think anything was happening here. I was just saying that a poly situation can happen without shoehorning if it's built up. I just think poly happening would be neat, but I don't except it to happen at all.

On another note about the person who mentionned morality, I find that line of thinking kinda fucked up to be honest. It's not immoral to develop feelings for two people or more at the same time, or even bring up that you've got some feelings going on with someone else and maybe ask if your partner would be interested in pursuing a poly relationship or something. What would be immoral however would be acting on those feelings without consent from your current partner. Developping romantic feelings for someone outside of your relationship is in no way immortal imo. Can't really control that, maybe some people just cannot have feelings for two people at one time and can't conceptualize that idea, but it is possible. What is controllable is the action taken regarding those feelings, distancing yourself from the second person you have feelings for and wait for them to pass if your relationship is stricly monogamous is an option.

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 2:17PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

If you are saying that because of my previous comment, what I was trying to say is that if someone that is in a relationship with someone is open for a possible poly but the other person isn't, it's most likely because of jealousy, I wasn't saying that there's jealousy/divition of love and attention on poly relationships, I was saying that some partners/couples on a relationship wouldn't be interested/open about it because of jealousy, poly might just not work if the other partner doesn't agree with it

It was more the comment you replied to tbh, the implications of them bringing morality into it just rubbed me the wrong way (for reasons the comment above has already put into words very well) ^^

To your point though, if we were talking about real people, then you're right of course. Polyamory works for some and doesn't for others, that's completely natural. Since we're talking about characters though, we simply can't know their views on polyamory/open relationships, if they even have any or whether or not they're prone to being jealous or not until we actually see it shown or addressed in the manga.
Therefore there's no real basis to rule it out from the get-go, simply bc we won't know until we know, i think. Whether it's actually gonna happen or not is of course anybody's guess and i for one won't be seriously disappointed if it doesn't but instead very happily surprised if it does :D

Also quick sidenote: Jealousy is a perfectly normal emotion and polyamorous ppl can and do experience it just as much as monoamorous ppl. The difference just lies in how it is dealt with and the meaning attributed to it~

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 2:26PM

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

On another note about the person who mentionned morality, I find that line of thinking kinda fucked up to be honest.

It was more the comment you replied to tbh, the implications of them bringing morality into it just rubbed me the wrong way

I believe you are talking about my comment so I believe I didn't word it right so I'll try to express myself better (Even though I was talking about LOVE TRIANGLES and not polyamorous relationships)

But what I was trying to say is that, given the context of Haru da Hii's relationship, it's pretty explicit that they both love each other very much and are dedicating themselves too much to making each other happy, correct?. so, WHAT IF Haru developed feelings/interest in Naruko and was genuinely torn between her and Hii, in which she was already in a stable and happy relationship where she was doing her best to make her happy and give her a good life , isn't it kind of unfair to Hii?, being genuinely torn between your partner of years who was making you happy and someone you met three days ago, doesn't make any sense (In a case of a Love Triangle, not poly relationship)

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 2:40PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I believe you are talking about my comment so I believe I didn't word it right so I'll try to express myself better (Even though I was talking about LOVE TRIANGLES and not polyamorous relationships)

But what I was trying to say is that, given the context of Haru da Hii's relationship, it's pretty explicit that they both love each other very much and are dedicating themselves too much to making each other happy, correct?. so, WHAT IF Haru developed feelings/interest in Naruko and was genuinely torn between her and Hii, in which she was already in a stable and happy relationship where she was doing her best to make her happy and give her a good life , isn't it kind of unfair to Hii?, being genuinely torn between your partner of years who was making you happy and someone you met three days ago, doesn't make any sense (In a case of a Love Triangle, not poly relationship)

The setup doesn't really change anything about what's already been said tbh. The issue is how you prescribed morality on potential feelings that haven't been acted upon. So what if Haru developed those for Naruko? That wouldn't be her fault and not any kind of misgiving either. You can't help who you develop feelings for.
The way you explained it goes into "mental cheating" territory which is just super fucked of a line of thinking imho.

Now, if she actually acted on it and started to neglect Hii or smth like that, then we can talk about it being a bad thing to do, but just the feelings itself? nah

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 3:26PM

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

You guys here arguing over poly relationships while I'm here wondering why there isn't any other living being on that island besides those three

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Maybe instead of speculating on something that will probably don't happen, talk about what happen (and not only that one page)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You guys here arguing over poly relationships while I'm here wondering why there isn't any other living being on that island besides those three

Now that would certainly suggest a poly relationship, wouldn't it? But no, this isn't a Yoshitomi Akihito story, so I suspect that the other islanders are just being kept in the background until needed for the story.

But it's an interesting thought . . .

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 3:29PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This manga has a permanent AoE healing effect.

joined Jun 11, 2021

you know maybe if we weren't so starved for any actual half decent poly stories we wouldnt be latching on to every possible scrap we get. how about just leave us be and let us have some hope

joined Mar 4, 2017

An I the only one who hopes she does go back to university? She's making her life a lot harder in the long run by dropping out now.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

An I the only one who hopes she does go back to university? She's making her life a lot harder in the long run by dropping out now.

I don’t really think you should read this if that’s the message you’re getting from it. No offence.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised she's dropping out. Just because I thought the thing they hated was the job search and working a terrible office job (which fair, the rat race sucks). I didn't realize she hated college too. She doesn't have to finish her degree if she doesn't want to, but she's probably better off changing majors to something she enjoys and wants to do instead.

If they discuss it and decide a college degree isn't possible right now (can't pay tuition) or isn't what she needs in the future, that's fine. She might be able to take a leave of absence to think about it which would be great. She clearly needs time to relax and de-stress in order to think clearly about what they want and need. But dropping out on a whim when she's almost to graduation is kinda silly. It should be a considered decision.

It's also not about "sucking it up and being miserable while waiting for a happiness to happen"; it's about finding out what you enjoy and want to do and working towards that goal. Even if school isn't "fun", it's satisfying to work hard to achieve something you want. Her prior job search was clearly something she felt she had to do to be "normal" and "successful" and not what she actually wanted. If college doesn't help, she can go to a trade school or start practicing on her own or open an Etsy shop or whatever. She can also find a job she'll willing to do to have enough money and free time to be happy outside of work. She can be a housewife. It's all about individual goals and priorities.

That said, fuck grades. Having grades decide so much sucks. C's get degrees.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

We all know we have a thing on DS about handholding, but now I find that I'm noticing it even with the gloves

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

We already have several good poly manga in the reader.
In the case of this series, I say: FUCK POLY, Hii x Haru otp, get Naruko another girl.

X10
joined Jul 14, 2017

Thank you for the chapter!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

We all know we have a thing on DS about handholding, but now I find that I'm noticing it even with the gloves

You do know, that memes, like viruses, can mutate within the host's brain? And now you've gone and released it into the world... -__-

pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

that short haired girl is so fineeeeeeeeeee

joined Nov 21, 2018

I interpreted Naruko's reactions this chapter to be less flirty and more like she's having fun with these two girls who wanna get married. I do think it's possible that their being there woke Naruko up to the possibility that she likes girls or that two girls can be in a committed relationship beyond the usual class s stuff.

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 2:56PM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

300 yen for a single can of beer?

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Always drink responsibly

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nothing makes you think of buying more beer quite like drinking beer does.

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Man, having gone back and forth between countryside living and city living, I really feel that brief moment of missing the convenience of the city.

joined Apr 1, 2013

I love this gay couple so much its like trying to avoid the city every day norm lifestyle being free and living on a nice retirement / countryside

Honestly the realism and slice of life in this manga is so cute and so surreal
Id honestly love to see this manga become an anime it would be amazing

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Another great chapter, I really hope they end up happy but with how it's going some things may be inevitable however I like their vibe to be so positive and the art style really makes me fluffy

Really hope this gets licensed in English and if it does I hope they don't fuck up the title.

Edit: This is not regarding the chapter.
However does anyone know if any team is going to pick up Miyako's manga adaptation of "summer, lemon and overlay"

last edited at May 23, 2022 7:42AM

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

I've never seen anyone appreciate a can of beer that much

To reply you must either login or sign up.