Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Mar 25, 2019

The light haired girl used "Seo-san." Komachi makes a habit of referring to almost everybody as "given name-chan." Except in 1 other case: Akira, who she calls "Atou-san." It got played off as a joke in chapter 30, but between that and the weird look she gave Akira in 27 (also the first time she even acknowledges her in that scene), it struck an odd chord. Which to be fair happens a lot with Komachi.

You mentioning chapter 30 made me take a look at it again and now I’m even more convinced that it was Komachi who led her to the storeroom. That conversation she had with Akira is sus as hell. “She’s very much alive so it’s fine.” Maybe the reason why she calls Akira “Atou-san” is because a) They don’t know each other very well b) she doesn’t like how close Akira is to Satsuki. I’m pretty sure Komachi calls Satsuki “Minazuki-san“ as well at first so it’s not hard to imagine she would call Seo “Seo-san” as well. I’m gonna try to find any instances of her interacting with Seo before and see what Komachi calls her. And no I don’t think she’s in cahoots with the council. At least not in the way that she cares and believes in the president’s ideology.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

actually, this is going work out right? Like a carcrash is never going to happen quietly so Satsuki gets sensei to move by threatening to jump. And then the carcrash happens and she's going to have like definitive evidence that she knew he was going to die.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Updated volumes 1-3 extras with insert pages, covers and previews. Thanks, BLAMEY!

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT SATSUKI"

As always, very excited to see where this goes next. Really don't like the president's smirk.

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I want to see Satsuki end up with Shiina

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

As of this chapter, I'm now convinced premise is:

Satsuki attempts to save Komachi the heroine... from committing murders! Akira keeps Satsuki grounded. Komachi tries to mess her up.

Is Komachi supernatural? Probably. Some murders would require perfect timing or intuition about people's personalities, respectively her own first and second deaths. Seeing shadows while feeling homicidal doesn't seem like a consistent way to plan murder. Is Komachi a psychopath obsessed with manipulating an honest girl who has a huge crush on her? Definitely. She's a bully rather than a yandere. I'm sure she's got personal issues, but I can't forgive this villainess for what she puts our girl through even if she never accomplishes an actual murder or suicide.

With this latest convoluted murder method, prez isn't the culprit. The risks of making a car swerve into a bystander are too much for testing Satsuki. He and VP were probably talked into being accessories to the main killer but have less skill.

Worst-case this chapter is Satsuki was calculated to draw Sensei or Akira into position to get severely injured.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 8:27PM

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Right so when is Satsuki and Akira going to kiss?

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

JFC Satsuki. That's certainly one way to try to get someone out of the path of a moving car.

The bonus chapter that was just uploaded is great too. Akira's methods of getting someone to avoid school so they don't die are maybe a little more effective than Satsuki's.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Every day more insane isnt she?

smoothsmoothie
Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Man i just wanna give Satsuki a hug

joined Apr 22, 2018

I want satsuki to give me a hug

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I want Akira to give Satsuki a kiss

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I want Akira to give Satsuki a kiss

Heck, if we go that far, we might as well go wild and make them hold hands like the degenerates we are

joined Aug 24, 2021

Satsuki x Sensei

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

I'm shocked at the lack of fanarts that this series has, I tried to look for Yuri fanarts of it but there are not even regular fanarts almost, I was surprised

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I'm shocked at the lack of fanarts that this series has, I tried to look for Yuri fanarts of it but there are not even regular fanarts almost, I was surprised

I don't think the series is that popular. It's a shame, it's really entertaining.

joined May 1, 2013

This series absolutely rules. I'm baffled it's not more popular. Maybe the yuri's too subtextual.

It really does just make too much sense: Satsuki suddenly realizes that almost all these deaths were caused by Komachi, and if she hadn't saved her from the president's two attempted murders, they could have been avoided. Creating this moment has been the president's whole plan for a long time, because he thinks it's the best way to get her on his side.

Satsuki/Akira is tops, but I think Shiina's gonna end up with Michiru, who's much more pleasant when not manipulated into psychoticism.

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

it is interesting that all the people who look like the “antagonists” are from the student council

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

How's this not an anime? Thousand times better than that anime where the girl sees ghosts and gets groped against her will.

Does anyone think this is ending soon? Cuz I'm debating if I should catch up.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

How's this not an anime? Thousand times better than that anime where the girl sees ghosts and gets groped against her will.

If I'm not mistaken, a manga needs to sell at least 1 million copies to become a Anime, this series isn't popular enough for that, yet

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Updated volumes 1-3 extras with insert pages, covers and previews. Thanks, BLAMEY!

Appreciated.

To be extra specific, there were no changes to old pages, so if you've already read them there's not much new to see. It's just a more complete batch of everything added in the volumes.

Does anyone think this is ending soon? Cuz I'm debating if I should catch up.

I don't think we're anywhere near the end. There's still plenty of ongoing mysteries and subplots with no resolution in sight. I thought for sure we'd be in Akira's arc now after what happened in 38, but even that seems to be going for a much longer payoff. There's also a few characters introduced recently who have had nothing to do yet, but given that they got full name introductions the author probably has plans for them. The manga seems content taking its time despite the constant stressful escalation.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'm trying to read this but it's... pretty intense and stressful lol

Good setup but trying to binge it like I do all the yuri I've missed is uh, maybe not possible? God this school goes through a lot, doesn't it?

...Reading only a bit into it, the theme I'm getting from this manga is that everyone's parents are fucked up and awful and no one should be a parent.

last edited at Mar 28, 2022 3:38PM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

As of this chapter, I'm now convinced premise is:

Satsuki attempts to save Komachi the heroine... from committing murders! Akira keeps Satsuki grounded. Komachi tries to mess her up.

Then Shiina comes and wins Satsuki's love!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

This manga is so good I paid extra to get the Japanese volumes shipped to the U.S. to support the author, I really do hope it gets popular. Mystery stuff is my jam and paired with yuri (although subtle) makes it even better. An anime of this would be amazing. Sadly it feels like the best manga series (like this manga and Hello, Melancholic!) never get as popular as yuri manga that give more fanservice.

ItsTimeItsVaderTime
joined Feb 7, 2019

Man, I still love the end of Chapter 43. One of my favorite moments in a long time.

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 8:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.